/BEATLES/

Why is it so good? Is Giles /ourguy/? Will Revolver, White Album, and Abbey Road get the same treatment?

>Why is it so good?
First generation tapes.

>Is Giles /ourguy/?
No, because he still crushed the dynamic range and damn near brick walled it in certain spots.

>Will Revolver, White Album, and Abbey Road get the same treatment?
Last two possibly, Revolver less so

This guy gets it, too much pleb bass

And nobody at Abbey Road evidently knows how to transfer 60's analog tape properly, since those first-gen sources have as much high-end fidelity as a cassette tape

I hope Revolver gets a new mix more than any other. It probably suffered the worst in the original stereo mix.

I like all of it except the stupid panning of each organ note in Lucy.

>I hope Revolver gets a new mix more than any other. It probably suffered the worst in the original stereo mix.

Rubber Soul is much more bastardized with its left right panning.

In the meantime, there are stereo remixes of Eleanor Rigby, Love You To, and Yellow Submarine already available.

out on spotify yet?

nevermind. this is MINT! yes to revolver and rubber soul. dont care for the rest.

Go listen to Yellow Submarine Songtrack for stereo snippets of songs from those albums famalam

Still waiting for that Carnival of Light.

About to hit the new remix, here's expecting amazement.

i agree that yellow sub sdtrk still has the best mixes. will not listen to "it all too much" any other way.

Man you weren't kidding, the compression in this thing is tight. But I think it works, the sound is so deliciously crunchy, although for a first time listener I'd probably recommend the older masters.

I bought the album on vinyl a week ago, would it have this remix?

>buying records
are you from the 60s?

>Buying the beatles on vinyl
>NEW
>doesn't even know what mix he's getting
Post a pic of your crosley.

>listening to the beatles in stereo sans abbey road, let it be, MMT and the white album

I personally always liked Pepper in stereo, just because I liked the lower pitch on She's Leaving Home, and Mr. Kite was just way too dense in mono.

why dont they release something that lets you mix it yourself instead of relying on some pretentious douche

I wish was as pretty as him.

ONE thing they did right was FINALLY fix the crossfade from the first orchestra crescendo into Paul's bassline. Every other version cuts off the orchestra, but this time it fades perfectly.

as an audio mixer I'd LOVE for them to do this, give you individual tracks and mix it yourself, but there's too much copyright and red tape. the closest you ever get is Sessions albums like pet sounds, smile, etc. I've been able to put some mixes together from that soley because they include almost every take and instrument isolated

I love how SMiLE did just that, in some part. I don't think there's a SMiLE fan that hasn't made his own mix at some point.

>tfw living in a time of unlimited fan mixes of SMILE
what a time to be alive

deez Strawberry fields mixes though

yea i'll give it to you that she's leaving home sounds much better in stereo but otherwise stereo completely castrates the point of sgt peppers, which is the density of the production and the fact that's it's a psychedelic rock album. john lennon recommends listening to it in mono for a reason.
>some pretentious douche
>george martin's son, whom i'd trust to have more expertise and qualification than any given beatles fanboy
>access to 1st generation analog tapes
transcendentally retarded (and pretentious, i would argue) question

I may be a bit of a snob but I perfer listening to the second half of Strawberry Fields (take 26 half) sped up to its right speed. Johns voice sounds much better, and the last few minutes are much more energized.
honestly the raw take 26 as a whole is great, i love how the ending was so wild they went off the beat and brought it back, but was unusable so thats why they had to fade out in the final version and fade back in

So much for the mythical "unreleased" album, it pretty much exploded onto all of us in the most unexpected way imaginable. Makes SMiLE a really fascinating statement in music, when you think about it.

PENNY LANE IS SO GOOD, HOLY SHIT