>Nobody talks about it anymore

Stop talking about it.

thats just how modern movies work now

>Nobody talks about it anymore
>Threads about it every day

Nice try

>was cute and small

What went wrong? ;_;

Seeing if Rey gets blacked is the entire selling point of JJ Star Wars now.

Because it was a meme movie.

Wow a picture where she isn't showing off those fucking chompers

They forced the squats meme on her

because Sup Forums got BTFO by Disney and doesn't like to talk about it

It was successful but not as big as they wanted. All the new characters were garbage, they fucked up the story.

Finn is getting Poed in the next installment though.

>It was successful but not as big as they wanted.

lmao the fucking shit you deniers delude yourselves into thinking

>highest grossing domestic movie of all time
>universal critical praise and fan satisfaction

I think it worked out just fine.

I would "kiss" her on the lips if you know what I'm saying.

>uh ok? That board is comfy as FUARK, yo. Met some of my best friends there....watch what you're saying...
>i've been lifting for a while and could beat your little fucking ass dude. Im not some pushover...
>I play all sorts of games yea, but what you call 'videogames' i call combat training.
>Try and fucking do something.

It got so close to 1 billion domestic. Why the fuck didn't you guys see it a few more times?

Because it's a movie for retard kids.

You're a movie for retarded kids.

Not only does Jew Jew get to take a sloppy nasty shit in the collective mouth of every star wars fan we also get normies staring at us in disbelief when we don't even attempt to choke it down
>"you entitled white boi, you should feel privileged to watch this, look at all the epic nostalgia throwbacks"

In English, doc?

apologize.

>Film makes $1b domestic, $2b global
>Sup Forumstards think that's a failure

Of course it's forgotten it was a shittier version of A New Hope, had they tried something new this wouldn't have happened. As bad as the prequels were at least they were trying something new in them rather then re-hashing the exact same shit.

Are people supposed to be constantly talking about movies, even months after release?
Even people who actually talk about movies for a living don't do this because they're always watching new stuff.

>muh rotten tomatoes
You're fucking retarded, seriously. Are you honestly going to tell me there isn't a single movie on that website that's got a good score that you think isn't good or vice versa? Art is subjective so how can you objectively rate how good a piece of art is? It's a completely ridiculous concept and you're a ridiculous person for buying into it so wholeheartedly.

Are you looking forward to the newer star wars movie coming out this year user?

I saw it 7 times in theaters, 4 in IMAX. I really couldn't justify spending any more money on it.

>All the new characters were garbage, they fucked up the story.

Oh yeah tell me all about MaRey sue and "emo" Kylo Ren you faglord supreme

It sounds to me like you didn't like it. It also looks like a shit ton of people did. So whats the problem? Everybody is wrong except you?

I'm neither looking particularly forward to it, nor actively talking shit about it on a Malaysian fire ant image board website.

>As bad as the prequels were at least they were trying something new in them rather then re-hashing the exact same shit.

>C3PO shoved in for no reason
>R2D2 back for no reason
>dude Jango Fett is also a bounty hunter lmao
>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
>dude the clones troopers are all literal clones of Boba Fett lmao
>dude Baby Boba Fett lmao
>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
>Naboo is earth
>Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones
>dude Vader is Space Jesus because he sold the most toys lmao
>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes
>Coruscant is a ripoff of the city from Blade Runner
>dude Genonisis is Tatooine with rocks lmao
>dude Kamino is just Cloud City with water instead of clouds lmao
>trying something new

>Everybody is wrong except you?
Where in the hell did I imply that? Trying to objectively gauge how good a movie is is a fools errand, movies can't be objectively rated because they're a subjective medium, how are you so autistic that you can't understand this simple concept?

>at least they were trying something new

And it was shit and they get treated as shit for being shit, you 16 year old prequel kiddie from Sup Forums

>Force Awakens a little remake of a New Hope
As bad as the prequels did it this new one was a million times worse in that regard, for fucks sake they resurrected the empire just so they didn't have to advance the plot at all.

Pretty much this.

Also where do you think the poetry memes come from? Straight from George's mouth. The prequels were supposed to rhyme with the OT. There is video proof of him saying this.

>trying something new

I wasn't trying to imply the prequels were good just that Force Awakens is a completely redundant movie, what was the point of making it when A New Hope already existed? I don't object in principle to maknig new star wars movies but could they at least come up with their own plots for them rather then just repeating the old ones? We've already seen those plots.

it was the worst kind of okay, the prequels will be memed about for all time but nu star wars is so fucking bland, manufactured and forgettable. Its no wonder people dont talk about it anymore, its an empty movie with nothing to discuss outside of cancerous daisy waifu fags. I knew it would suck they moment they announced that talent-less kike JJ was gonna direct it.

There's a difference between having a bit of poetry and copying the whole plot of the original movie wholesale so you didn't have to come up with your own. The prequels were bad in this regard but this first sequel was just ridiculous in this regard, I seriously hope the subsequent ones aren't just re-hashes of empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi.

Saved. I bet there's a few posters from that thread still shilling in Star Wars threads.

oh here's one!

The stuff recycled from the original trilogy is meant for a thematic point about how the legend of the previous generation influences the new as well as the nature of star wars itself

It's actually poetry, as opposed to the prequels' hamfisted out of place references to the OT

As safe as The Force Awakens was, it was almost necessary. It was a 4 billion dollar investment, and they almost needed to bank on nostalgia to ensure people were going to see it. Financially it was the best decision to make, even if it was super obvious. Personally I think they should have taken a risk, I think it would have turned out great regardless. But thats why I'm pretty stoked for Rogue One. Hopefully its going to be different, and show audiences that Star Wars can be original again.

They recycled the whole plot, that's a bit beyond a thematic point m8.

>as opposed to the prequels' hamfisted out of place references to the OT
They sure had plenty of that but at least they had their own plots (sort of).

I don't know why you're getting so upset. You're saying JJ shit in all of our mouths, and then turn around and say art is subjective, and I'm just showing you that tons of fans and every day people enjoyed the fuck out of it. So whats the problem exactly?

>Personally I think they should have taken a risk, I think it would have turned out great regardless. But thats why I'm pretty stoked for Rogue One. Hopefully its going to be different, and show audiences that Star Wars can be original again.

Rogue One was gonna be a fucking epic war movie, and the jews freaked out that it wasn't marvelish enough with quips, so they've reshot 50% of the film to add more comedy and quips into it to be the same shit, you fucking tool.

Judge movies on their merits you fucktard.

>muh at least originality
BvS was original, and ti fucking sucked. Civil War is rehashed Avengers crap, it was good.

Give me an okay soft reboot over a shitty original storyline any fucking day.

I'm glad Disney almost completely copied ANH. They showed that they knew the OT was kino. They showed they respected the fans. And I hope now that they've shown that and gained our trust, they'll go bolder with new ideas.

>They recycled the whole plot

Only in the most superficial and structural ways. Oh sure, there's a macguffin, and a superweapon, and a mentor gets killed by the bad guy, but the actual context and the characters' roles in it are entirely different.

You're making really basic, surface level complaints. Everyone fucking noticed the similarities, it's just that smart people were able to figure out it was a deliberate stylistic choice to comment on the nature of Star Wars itself.

Oh I get it, you'd TRY to kiss her lips, but of course you'd just end up stuck on her teeth.

>you fucking tool

You sure sound pretty mad. I'm just saying I'm hoping its good. Maybe you should drink some water and go lay down or something.

I think her teeth are cute as fuck

daisy is just adorable, I would cuddle with her and kiss her toes

>fucking bong getting all preachy about "ebil guns"
Makes me pretty upset desu

Prequels had continuity. Part of this continuity was contrived and some was illogical. But the story was completely different

TFA is actual deliberate rethread of the original beats, they don't even pretend it wasn't.

But you are talking about it. Admittedly, you are a nobody, but the point still stands.

Yeah I get why they did it I'm just disappointed, I loved the idea of a new star wars movie and then it was just one I'd already seen with a different cast and a few minor changes basically. Why did they have to bring back the empire for fucks sake? A bit of plot advancement would've been great and it just seems so unbelievable that nothing really changed because of the emperor and vader getting killed.

>You're saying JJ shit in all of our mouths
Ah where did I say that exactly? Also just as an aside those two statements aren't actually contradictory, subjectively thinking J.J Abrams shat on your mouth doesn't mean you can't think art is subjective, that's sort of the whole point.

>So whats the problem exactly?
Rotten Tomatoes scores aren't an objective measure of quality and you shouldn't use them to try and argue against people, use actual arguments instead. Maybe I don't agree with this person's counter-argument but I respect the fact they bothered to formulate one rather then just sperging out over "MUH ROTTEN TOMATOES SCORE!". One is an actual argument, the other one isn't, it really saddens me that you can't understand this.

It was by the worst spam campaign in Sup Forums's history, and practically destroyed the board.

I am surprised it isn't even more hated.

>They showed that they knew the OT was kino. They showed they respected the fans.
Is this why they took steps to undo everything that happened over the course of OT?

Hi Steve

Such as?

>Ah where did I say that exactly?

Maybe it wasn't you, but thats the problem with anonymity. The chain of replies leads back to somebody saying JJ shit in all of our mouths. My bad.

They re-introduced empire knock-off that destroyed Republic (All of it, somehow, if dialogues are to be believed) so they can have another go at plucky resistance vs space Nazis. Han Solo is now again a smuggler indebted to criminals, because people like smugglers more then generals I guess? No Jedi order reborn, naturally, because who would want to see Luke training some random people?

The remnants of the empire must exist for the story to continue. That being said, it is perfectly believable the death of the Emperor wouldn't result in the entire Empire disappearing over the following years.

You can blame Harrison Ford for that one. I agree with you though. He just wanted Han Solo to end.

The Jedi Order being reborn wasn't even hinted at in the OT. Was there even a Jedi Order in the OT mentioned? I'm pretty sure that's only a prequel invention.

Remnants still being there is believable.
Their planetkiller antics is deliberate and clumsy effort to erase original trilogy because retreading it is only thing they are capable of, aparently.

They just blew one system and characters are like "Oh no here goes the Republic". Because we want our ragtag bunch of rebels against powerful enemy damn it.

Because it was safe stock standard Hollywood shit

It was a better film than any of the prequels, but fuck was it forgettable

I Feel like they should've started smaller, with the empire now having to regain power and building up to them once again being a prevalent evil in the galaxy.

>whaaa why didn't they live happily ever after and have tons of little children who all became mary sue jedis just like my expanded universe

Han Solo becoming a smuggler again made sense within the context of the story. When I saw the previews, I at first thought it was just done for fanservice and so they could have Leia call him a scruff nerf herder again, but it was done because Han wanted to run away from his responsibility for Kylo Ren.

and I'm sorry Luke wasn't the super duper badass jedi master the EU made you think he was. While JJ does pay respect to the legend, he goes to great lengths to show how the protagonists of the OT are flawed people just like anyone else, they got old and made mistakes. Kylo Ren putting the legend of Vader on a pedestal is one of his character flaws, dude. He's so obsessed with living up to Grandpa Vader he killed his Dad and is so out of touch with the true spirit of the Force he got his ass beat by a little girl.

>Was there even a Jedi Order in the OT mentioned?

Obi-Wan says that Vader helped the Empire hunt down and destroys "The Jedi Knights" which implies there were once many of them but the idea of a "Jedi Order" as presented in the prequels has no basis in the original trilogy.

>When I saw the previews, I at first thought it was just done for fanservice and so they could have Leia call him a scruff nerf herder again, but it was done because Han wanted to run away from his responsibility for Kylo Ren.
I can believe he'd retire after Kylo Ren or whatever, but smuggler? I'd believe it more if I saw him drinking away his general pension. Doesn't Rebluc pay pension to its officers?

I don't think they destroyed the new republic lol. I don't think anything new was really founded, then again I could be remembering wrong. I thought it was kind of like when Alderaan was destroyed. No real impact on the story.

I think that's what movies like Rogue One will do. This movie is, what, 20 years later?

Thanks for the clarification.

I love star wars and wanted it to be great and successful and it was successful, financially. However plenty of people thought it was going to hit a billion domestically and Disney really wanted it to be a smash hit in China, which it wasn't.
It was a "fun" movie that played well for the masses but it wasn't universally praised, it was forgotten 5 minutes later like the marvel movie which are also fun but don't stick around.
I realise there are in universe explanations for some of rey's skills and achievements but some of it is bullshit like how does she speak shyriiwook? I thought Kylo was the best of the new characters. Finn was terrible, no that the guy gave a bad performance but the performance didn't suit what the character should have been.

10 years from now the majority of 'discussion' about TFA will basically be "enh.. it's an adequate Star Wars movie. nothing more to say really."

meanwhile, ten, even TWENTY, years from now people will still get in passionate heated debates about the merits and faults of the prequel trilogy.

Regardless of your opinions of the quality, it's pretty unanimous that George Lucas' Star Wars is more memorable than J.J. Abram's Star Wars.

China doesn't know much about Star Wars. Probably 95% of the population has never seen a movie from the OT.

Disney wanted it to be BIG in China, they did everything they could but it didn't work.

>I don't think they destroyed the new republic lol. I don't think anything new was really founded, then again I could be remembering wrong. I thought it was kind of like when Alderaan was destroyed. No real impact on the story.
They explicitly referred to it as Republic. General Hux was making a speech something in spirit of "Behold fellow space Nazis, we are blowing up The Republic".

But that's another problem with TFA - the relationship between entities was never clear. In OT is was simple and clear from the names Empire rules the galaxy, rebels oppose its rule of the galaxy.

But here they just throw names with no real meaning and don't provide context. Where exactly First Order come from? Why is it Order, nothing seems to be knightly about it. Was it like an executive order, with emperor wiriting down (Order 1. In case I ever get blown up inside my death star, go to outskirts of galaxy and start hollowing out planet, according to blueprints attached)?

Why are Resistance and Republic two separate entities? Hux's speech was the closest we got to exposition and according to him republic is "lying to the galaxy while secretly supporting treaterour resistance". If they indeed deny relation to resistance, why?

If Republic is shrunk to the one system, what's up with other systems? Did they break away and if so what is their affiliation now? Would they help resistance now?

The prequels have one merit for each film.

1: Darth Maul
2: Nothing
3: The Emperor

Stop shilling prequels. They were garbage. Everyone was disappointed when they left the movie theaters. And the fanbase felt alienated. Ask anyone who grew up watching the OT which movie they prefer, episode one or episode 8.

It's not going to age well. The numerous flaws are going to become more apparent as other and hopefully better films come around. People are still experiencing the high of having a competent Star Wars film for the first time in thirty year.

I grew up watching the classic trilogy and I prefer the phantom menace to the force awakens.

>1: Darth Maul
You have to be over 18 to post here.

Yes. The fight scene with Darth Maul is the only good thing about TPM.

I mean it's not like it was THE MUCH AWAITED STAR WARS SEQUEL OR ANYTHING.

The shit awakens could have had ewoks and gerbils do the safety dance and it would have done a billion plus so get your head out of your ass.

Really?

Then why didn't TPM gross a billion? It had even more hype.

Episode one made $1,027,044,677

star wars is dead

I never watched it

I'm glad the gay star wars threads died

Oh you're right. 27 million over. Anyway, it's still obvious that TFA is a better movie as it did twice that gross.

Never mind, you're wrong. That gross includes a rerelease in 2012 for 3D.

because it is literally the 2nd worst movie of the franchise in front of episode II. hollywood action schlock, while it's supposed to be a space opera.

Movies live and die by hype

I don't think that logic is sound user

Why is every jew jew movie a fucking race? It starts off on the planet then shit happens they gotta leave the planet, they gotta defeat the First Order before they fire the weapon, gogogo gotta go fast

I noticed this with every jew jew movie I saw. Everything is a fucking race against time where the characters have to go somewhere asap. His movies only sit still long enough for the bad guys to catch up to the location or whatever then there is an action scene again. Prove me wrong.

I was aware of that when I told you. people say the dark knight made a billion but it was only under the same circumstances.

Looking through the art book, it's downright criminal how many truly wonderful and interesting ideas were shot down in the pursuit of a limited, boring New Hope remake.

When I found the image top left of a whole flooded Scavenger town built next to and under a crashed Star Destroyer, I became so frustrated. Why was a second Tatooine necessary? What made it better than this original idea?

I loved the first star trek reboot and super 8. Tfa is hot dogshjt, though.

The flooded scavenger town would have been a beautiful new addition to the franchise. Fresh, good visuals are always welcome. And if any studio at the means to pull this off it was Disney.

I think so. For all of its downfalls, at least the prequels tried to broker a new look and feel to them. They tried to remain somewhat unique in design to the originals, and it was a welcome change. A new zeitgeist could have turned out really well.

Sleek futurism (prequels) -> practicality over aesthetics (original trilogy) -> scavenger worlds (awakens trilogy)

I feel like it might have suited a directionless galaxy (or at least fringe) in the wake of the Empire's collapse.

They only care about the lowest common denominator now

Star Wars is by design meant to be fast paced, nigger. Sorry you've only seen the special edition of ANH where a bunch of boring pointless exposition scenes were re-inserted to sooth George's autism

Another image from the art book, this one of a potential Han Solo design that was scrapped in favour of a much more referential approach.

Please don't remind me. I'd like to believe that there are some suits out there willing to listen to their creative departments.

in order for a female character to be 'strong' they need to literally be physically strong user

This was another thing. Pointless feminist-baiting aside, I would have preferred Rey remained cunning and plucky over formidable in a fight. She would have meshed in better with Finn, I think, if she was the brains to his brawn.

Maybe I'm just sexist.

If only Ford was about 10 years younger he could pull off a nice Roland Deschain

Jesus, she looks like an ogre now.

is she buff or fat? I can't tell