vocaroo.com/i/s1GFyM8w3Iz5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tada tada tada tada tada tada tada tada

meh

I did all of that within two years.

what happened

prove it or its a lie

that sounds bad

I don't have videos of myself from fucking 2007, dude.
Also
>implying OP isn't playing simplistic bullshit that anyone can easily pick up on

you're gonna warp the necks on all those guitars leaning them against the wall facing that direction, faggot.

>facing that direction
its the opposite, retard
that way its counteracting the string's pressure on the neck

Fuck it's you again

No you didn't, and litterally all of your gear is shit, keep buying 150 dollar planks tho if this is your best shot after 5 years of playing

Jesus H. Christ in a chickin basket

Fuck you

I ain't even mad, just sad

You shouldn't be able to see the strings when it's leaning against the wall, is his point. God damn, you're dense.

yes its my best after 5 years and you are sad, go hug someone

He's sad because you keep spending way too much money on shitty equipment.

heres another take for the bored ones

youtube.com/watch?v=URDz2-m3rzY

this one has since i've been loving you

its not shitty, kek

also, restring your guitars only 3 of those have a full set on em

>730173646
I live in los angeles.
there are literally 3 million better guitar players here.

but in your shit town
you are probly top 100 player

tfw no money for strings

>it's not shitty
>not even using a dynamic microphone

actually that vid was recorded with a dynamic microphone but the recording got fucked up

i have this vid recorded with a dynamic mic youtube.com/watch?v=Jkn8EE1AbvI

tfw last time i traded shit at the pawn shop for a pack

Not to be a dick but no, not really. Your phrasing is mediocre at best, you just sound like you're rambling and not actually saying anything when you "solo." Go listen to some Gilmour, SRV, or even some of the old Blues greats like Buddy Guy or Muddy Waters and you'll hear what I mean. Aside from that, your actual playing technique is pretty sloppy and choppy. You also need to sit down with a fucking metronome when you practice because your time keeping is pretty bad five years in. Your gear is a different story. These......"guitars" look like the ones they hang up on the wall at a TGI Fridays or some other such suck-ass chain restaurant. Gear alone obviously won't make you a better player but it might INSPIRE you to be a better player.

I'm not seeing any microphones.
>sound recording fucks up
>posts video with sound from on-board microphone
>not fixing the problem

i was about to type up similar.

op, you're a hobbyist, not so much a musician thus far. your gear sounds like shit. its really hard to listen to. but to your credit you've improved with scales and speed but i can hear your technique screaming that it needs work.. buying more expensive gear will not fix this, i can't pin down whats wrong with your style. it's just bleh.

i'm not saying go and kill yourself, but it seems as through you've hit a plateau, a level you can't progress any further from. you're still struggling to do basic bitch runs. where is the problem coming in exactly?

This manknows whats up

I can't wrap my head arround how you went through 5 years of playing, 5 guitars and a bass, and you still have fuck all to show for it.
Neither gear nor skillwise

Why did you even take a pic of your gear with a broken string, are you to dense to at least take it of so we don't see it from a nautical fucking mile away

Ow yeah, tell me about all of those great blues guitarists known for their shitty tapping by the way
Your tapping is sloppy and you never even finish it propperly into a new lick, that's literally the level every guitarist is at after 1 year of max gain metallica playing

You vile last man you

8 years of lessons. 16 years of daily practice. Near mastery of the instrument.

Then one night...a stroke. All gone. Back to square 1. Like playing while wearing an oven mit. 6 years later still gone. Don't take it for granted. You could lose it.

You know what to do, then. Start a punk band.

Holy shit, I literally just had to run to the sink to spit the wine in my mouth out. Top-fucking-Kek

Sorry about your wine, man. Didn't know this fucking place had that level of class.

nah, strokes are fucking living nightmares...
and he didnt even mention 'flop foot'....

goddamn user that hit me hard

why did you put a tele neck on that strat copy?

do some actual hard shit, ur just going up and down blues scales, nothing impressive, try some jazz, get a teacher

That actually happens a lot...

fyi for anyone ripping on OP, i will at least admit it takes some brass balls (or sheer stupidity) to come out on Sup Forums of all places and ask us our opinion. OP probably knows it's gonna be nothing but us ripping on him. but in all honesty, for him to even step up and ask for that criticism is a good thing. he didn't come out saying "holy shit i'm the next malmsteen, suck my dick i am the best", it shows he's looking to improve and wants advice. or at least thats what it looks like. and that's a good thing.

but either way, op, your shit is a mess. just a total mess. those are like junkyard level guitars. your tone sucks, you chop away at the strings in a very strange way. it might very well be those crappy axes getting in the way of improvement. at the same time, if you're seroius about music in any way, why haven't you upgraded after 5 years?

that sucks. How'd you get a stroke? Drugs? Bad diet? No exercise? Or just shit luck? All of the above?

Serious question, who are some of your influences?

no no no
quit talking about his stroke
back to burning OP

Flopfoot, that sounds like a sad disney pixar movie

But hey, I'm not claiming he didn't have a stroke, I'm just calling bullshit on the other stuff

It's a bit like a guy in a wheelchair going "you should've seen me whizz about before the accident. Fucking fast frank they called me, I once caught a gazelle by chasing it bearfoot through the bush for 3 days you know"

in year 5 you're just noodling around.

nothing approaching a song or solid medley, no rests or vibe or feel to what you're doing. Just audio turds.

You kind of understand how to play notes, now learn to play "music"

I second this.

>playing for 5 years
>no fucking rhythm

I was a professional musician and I lost my ability to play guitar after a car accident.

It's really not far fetched at all that a stroke would be devastating.

You must be an incredibly sheltered person to doubt such a thing.

this

you have no sense of time, rhythm, groove, or flow.

get a fucking metronome and use it every time you practice and don't record yourself again for a year.

it couldnt be fixed

>tfw i regularly listen and play along with classic clapton, bbking and zeppelin albums
how fucked i am now

>Aside from that, your actual playing technique is pretty sloppy and choppy.
but it sounds good doesnt it?

>You also need to sit down with a fucking metronome when you practice because your time keeping is pretty bad five years in
i started doing that one or two times a month and already felt an improvement lol.. it works most of the time when im playing with a band or recording to methronome though

the les paul is really good, it really inspires me and i really like its sound and feel
that acoustic is a shitty inexpensive one

>your gear sounds like shit. its really hard to listen to
my tube amp broke and that recent vid is with a zoom g1 through a 8" bass amp.. check the 3yrs vid for my actual sound
i'm lazy and slow but i keep working at phrasing and technique

>i can't pin down whats wrong with your style. it's just bleh.
bleh in which sense?

>but it seems as through you've hit a plateau, a level you can't progress any further from. you're still struggling to do basic bitch runs.
yes. pls help

>where is the problem coming in exactly?
i dont know, do you?

>Your tapping is sloppy and you never even finish it propperly into a new lick, that's literally the level every guitarist is at after 1 year of max gain metallica playing
it wasnt my focus to shred and i was lazy. is it an excuse?
>tell me about all of those great blues guitarists known for their shitty tapping by the way
yes jimmy page sounded something like that when playing fast didnt he

ace frehley, eric clapton, jimmy page, bb king

pls ignore the tone, its provisory

>if you're seroius about music in any way, why haven't you upgraded after 5 years?
i did
i mean the les paul. its epi-standard tier with upgraded pickups. and the strat is all upgraded

swapped them for looks

I actually knew a guy who played guitar for 30-40 years and had a stroke. He didn't even know he played the guitar afterwards.

Mutual crywanking: the thread

Grow some dicks
All this faggotry is nothing more then communism infecting your precious bodily fluids

Jesus fucking christ, what the fuck is this shit? Get a fucking microphone stand, and place it so that you don't bump the fucking connector every time you move. Stop buying shitty off-brand guitars and buy some actually useful equipment.

not just flop foot, but your arm retracts in that little tyranasaurous rex position, and that is what probably messed up his guitar skills. but good on him for going back to guitar for therapy and not giving up.

I hope you lose every single memory you have to a stroke.

did you shave off the brand logo on all those? or are they bootleg?

youtube.com/watch?v=OzNKPAoxiBU

i was noodling to myself, not to a methronome or backing track, what did you expect?

you didnt feel nothing on the mellower parts with the neck pickup?

i'd do that but im unemployed at the moment

also whats with the way i pick the strings?
that "chop" is a thing, everybody does that

it was shaved but not by me
theyre all of the same brand and the les paul has the brand logo untouched

>how fucked i am now

I mean, you have decent influences. Have you tried actually learning a few of their solos note for note? There's nothing wrong with doing that when you're learning. Try that. Learn a solo. Sit down and learn it note for note then play along with the actual recording. That will also help with your timekeeping.

>i started doing that one or two times a month and already felt an improvement lol.. it works most of the time when im playing with a band or recording to methronome though

No, dude. Every FUCKING DAY, not once or twice a month lol.

>but it sounds good doesnt it?

No, it doesn't. It sounds sloppy. Not "aggressive," not "soulful," and not "energetic." Just sloppy. You really need to set your standards higher when it comes to technique.

>shave off the brand logo on all those? or are they bootleg?

FUCK NO!

That is a GENUINE
Condor "Less" Paul, faggot!

>i was noodling to myself, not to a methronome or backing track, what did you expect?
That you'd do exactly that.
Also, sell all your equipment to some poorfag who will end up posting his youtube videos on Sup Forums twice a week and get some proper equipment.

Was dating a crazy bitch and she stressed me out. In 2015 I had 6 more. No idea why. Just lucky to be here.

I mean, you have decent influences. Have you tried actually learning a few of their solos note for note? There's nothing wrong with doing that when you're learning. Try that. Learn a solo. Sit down and learn it note for note then play along with the actual recording. That will also help with your timekeeping.
yes, thats what i do most of my time with the guitar ever since i started playing. i know all kiss solos note for note, that clapton's "guitar boogie" album note for note, the bluesbreaker album, that zeppelin live album how the west was won and a handful of random songs of these classics
i listen to blues albums with guitar in hands picking up notes and have decent ear for that

>No, it doesn't. It sounds sloppy. Not "aggressive," not "soulful," and not "energetic." Just sloppy. You really need to set your standards higher when it comes to technique.

so how to improve the technique?

shit, forgot to greentext that

>crazy bitch stressed me out
Holy shit. Are you at least in the age range where a stroke is likely? Are you okay now?

Bro, cop some Hendrix quick.

instagram.com/lucascrouse/

this me
shit load of random videos up on there
check em out bros

>so how to improve the technique?
Play to a metronome or drum track. Focus all your energy on actually hitting the notes. And only the notes you're trying to hit. That meaning only the strings you need to hit at any given time.
It may sound okay at lower volumes, but once you start cranking the volume up, it's going to sound like fried assholes.

>good on him you can do it i believe in you

>you must be quite sheltered user, how else could you be mean about something that also affevted my life, UGHUU~

Look, I'm not going to spend to much time on this and I hate being that "what ever happened to old Sup Forums" guy, but what is up with all this compassion?

I mean I get it, you know
I too feel the urge to become a giant girlfaggot on occasion, it's natural, it's just your inner vagina trying to find a way out
But just stop it you silly goose, moaning about your shitty life on an user imageboard with thread lifes of

>so how to improve the technique?

Ok, I had to drink another glass of wine but I actually watched your "5 Years" video again. I can't actually see your picking hand very well, but it sounds like you're digging in way too hard most of the time when you pick. Without seeing you actually pick, I can't tell you what to change. What kind of pick do you use? It almost sounds like you might be using way too thin a pick for your attack, which in my opinion needs to lighten up. It's ok to dig in once in awhile, but you seem intent on murdering the strings 90% of the time you're playing. Have you considered trying a thicker pick?

b-but i already do that, also practice clean and with the acoustic

>You're sounds fucked up? How about you stop being a lazy cunt and do a new take instead of just filling up more cyberspace with more of this meaningless one take garbage
cause i already spent 4 hours playing and had the guitar back on the case and wouldnt get in the vibe for soloing again so soon?

also heres some of my pedals, and i'm using a vox ac15c2

couple different pedals now though that's an old picture

Then I really don't know. You can't be saved, as far as I know.

well i'm not using a thick pick, but its made of metal so its as hard as a regular thick pick. its a 0,5mm metal pick

yeah i like the sound of strong attack, like ace frehley does, except when i'm playing gently and mellow

actually i used to attack gently, with a thin pick and taking care for the string not to break until 2 weeks ago when i sanded the saddles

I don't wanna be rude but if you're gonna play that blues stuff why not invest in some tube amps, technically you're good, but the sound is harsh

disclaimer: I'm an ok amateur, I just love playing electric guitar, tho I love piano alot more (and I'm better)

you guys are at the same guitar level as me or below
guessing its the pick thickness or how strong i pick and no actual idea on how to actually improve
i'm leaving

>well i'm not using a thick pick, but its made of metal so its as hard as a regular thick pick. its a 0,5mm metal pickyeah i like the sound of strong attack, like ace frehley does, except when i'm playing gently and mellow actually i used to attack gently, with a thin pick and taking care for the string not to break until 2 weeks ago when i sanded the saddles

The metal pick alone may be why then. Don't use them. They tend to make shit way too bright and also produce way more attack noise. Why did you decide to use a metal pick instead of a plastic one? Also, strong attack is fine, but again there's way too much excessive string noise.

Stop looking for validation on the fucking internet.

Short story, musicians can be the most critical, bitchy motherfuckers out there so this thread will get you nothing but abuse.

That doesn't mean they are wrong btw. you are decidedly mediocre and your gear is shit, but you just have to accept that there are always going to be a fucking few million people out there that do it better than you and be happy in what you achieve and keep trying to get better.

I'm beyond shit but I've gone from pub player to gigs in front of around 7000 people so persistence is worth its weight in diamonds as well.

P.S. Good luck

P.P.S. You still eat ass.

Certain solid state amplifiers are really fucking good for blues and the like, actually. I guess it's easier to get a good blues tone out of a valve amplifier, though.

THEN DON'T

PUT UP

A VIDEO

The videos you presented here as evidence are more then a year apart

Are you telling me you won't feel like soloing for another whole entire year? Could you not? 4 hours man, I sometimes record some silly skits with a friend on guitar rig or some shit and we spend about 12-16 each on less then a minute of audio that we never even publish or even listen to ever again.

4 fucking hours

Fuck me

And don't put a question mark at the end of every sentence, it shows that you damn well know you did a shit job and now you're turning everything into a question to find out if your excuses are gonna fly or not

Again, have some fucking standards

FUCKING

HOURS
FUCK

Dude, it's not hard to improve. Don't do the stupid shit where you play scales to a metronome and repeat..Learn new songs, try to learn the songs by ear. If you can't do it, don't get pissed off. Just keep trying. Also, go to youtube and search up Guthrie Govan lesson. He has countless lessons with priceless tips and hints about everything guitar related. Just do it.

He mad

also naw, i'm better than you sir. just keep trying

you play cliche blues licks nonstop

wew lad so gud. play me another riff

kek

> Don't learn scales or timing...

Way to musician there, friend.

dude I haven't read the whole thread but you're probably not from the US and let me tell you every city has a Guitar Center and ever Guitar Center has a guitarist wanking away on guitars they can't afford who sound terribly similar to you, don't hate on us for telling you that you're good but not amazing

I could suck my own dick while playing and still be better than you.

Most of the time, people get lost in just pumping out scales non stop, over and over, to the point where you just sound like a fucking robot. The point I was trying to make was that you should develop your own unique style before you go off joining the robot army

THE RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT HAVE BEEN SET.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwudVCEDPsI

youtube.com/watch?v=e2t6OIa4d-c&t=427s

have a listen to what he has to say. you will understand what i'm trying to convey more.

Where do we do this, myfreecams?

i got a tube amp, its that alien amp back there
but it broke yesterday lol
so i went back to using that cheap zoom
you can hear the alien's tube sound on the 3yrs video on the OP

the theory must apply much more on the piano doesnt it?

i love attack noise, thats why i stick with it ever since i bought it
also like a brighter sound
but it causes noise on the wound strings.. so i'm thinking of going back to plastic picks, and get that Dunlop Ultex that is the brightest and thickest one

ive spent all this guitar time learning songs and watching lessons and interviews all day

>And don't put a question mark at the end of every sentence, it shows that you damn well know you did a shit job and now you're turning everything into a question to find out if your excuses are gonna fly or not
ayy true

so you and your friend are some perfectionist betas putting that much effort on such a thing
i put effort when i'm actually recording a song. that is just a noodling vid.

yeah theres no guitar center around here. is that so-called Guitar Center tier?

kkk yes i mad

nah dude

omegle, set an interest as guitarB or just guitar

Wes Montgomery and Joe Pass are just two of many legendary guitarists who didn't practice scales constantly and have a "prescribed" practice regimen. They knew the scales and how/when to use them and that is pretty much all you need when.

dude we need pics stat

keep bumping this thread till this nigger delivers

Bumping, so i can post my recording after uploads.

The best way is to teach yourself, from the ground up, and ignore as much as anyone tells you ever, ignore everything you think or what people have done in the past and if you want to do something just do it, it doesn't matter, even if you sit there playing the same string and the same note for a day or a week if it's still fun do it.

>omegle
Top fucking kek

Captcha is getting fucking ridiculous

Man. I'd break my fucking back.

That's the midpoint though, isn't it? You get an army of grade 4/5 musos and above who still sound creaky as fuck and can't function without their dots in front of them.

I came through self taught and have reached a reasonable standard, but know I'll never unlearn a lot of my mistakes and would have saved myself years with a better grounding in theory.

vocaroo.com/i/s1GFyM8w3Iz5

I was the tube amp guy, yeah I only heard the 4 year one, you're pretty good m8 but here in the US there's just alot of pretty good players, there are even old guys in their 40s and 50s (in other words, DADS) who play like this and it's not even their dayjob

But actual good going, you're a pretty good player and it must've taken alot of practice to get to this point

>even if you sit there playing the same string and the same note for a day or a week if it's still fun do it.
so your advice is shit

>i love attack noise, thats why i stick with it ever since i bought italso like a brighter soundbut it causes noise on the wound strings.. so i'm thinking of going back to plastic picks, and get that Dunlop Ultex that is the brightest and thickest one

Ok, but the last thing you need is a brighter sound. You need to mellow it out a lot. You should probably roll the treble back on your amp too, as your highs sound way too piercing. If you like "attack sound" then whatever. I'm just saying it's excessive and very distracting.