Thoughts on this album? Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast and the suite didn't seem approachable at first...

Thoughts on this album? Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast and the suite didn't seem approachable at first, but after I listened to them I think they're almost as good as Summer '68. Didn't really like Fat Old Sun or If.

It's a very good album, although i'll admit i'm not really a fan of Summer 68. Rick was a great composer, but not really a great songwriter.

Atom Heart Mother>Fat Old Sun>If>Summer '68>Alan's Psychadelic Breakfast

At the moment, this is my favorite Floyd album. It doesn't get too weird or become navel glazing about their rock star lifestyle.

The title track has so many god-tier sections from outrageous classical vocals/instruments, funky basslines and sombre violin

I remember when I bought the CD back in the 90's and it came with a recepie for feast on a little laminated insert, I don't have it anymore though

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is goat

First time listening to that with headphones hearing the sounds of the cooking and cereal popping etc 10/10

Atom Heart Mother > Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast > Summer '68 >>> Fat Old Sun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If

Honestly, it's all exceptional besides the title track.

shit

The most unfairly demonized album in their whole discography. I honestly have listened to the title track more than either of their other epic length tracks. (Well, ok, definitely heard SOYCD more but only the first half). Also Summer '68 is without the most charming thing they ever put together.

.....If you say so.

Are you autistic?

Atom Heart Mother Suite is probably great for people who love jazz. While I like some of the bluesier parts of classic rock, it just sounds like a twenty-minute jazz jam session to me, which isn't really worth listening to.

But...it's not jazz at all? If you had said Shine On, I could at least get behind that. Dark Side is jazzier than AHM, though I guess you might just mean in style rather than actual sound.

I must be the only one that likes if...

>and if IIIII go insane, please dont put your wires, in my brain

"a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were scraping the barrel a bit at that period"
"a good idea but it was dreadful... Atom Heart Mother sounds like we didn't have any idea between us, but we became much more prolific after it."

- David Gilmour

Nah mate this song is beautiful

> Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

To be honest you pretty much have to be high as a kite or piss drunk to fully appreciate it

Read the thread. You're clearly not alone
It's proto-ASMR, man

Atom Heart Mother > Summer '68 > If >>> Fat Old Sun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

from most of the interviews i've seen or read, the members of floyd were really critical of their work that wasnt a commercial success which i never really understood. i personally like all of their albums.

Wright said something akin to them hitting their peak (as far as writing goes) in between 1973-1975. dark side obviously in 1973 and apparently his personal wish you were here.

Suite and Summer 68 are personally, probably my two favorite Floyd songs. The rest doesn't really stand out that much to me though.
I agree with this completely