Is it possible that gravity is actually just electromagnetism?

is it possible that gravity is actually just electromagnetism?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn3232-first-speed-of-gravity-measurement-revealed/
youtube.com/watch?v=nhP_tI-AyIY
youtube.com/watch?v=E43-CfukEgs
youtube.com/channel/UCvHqXK_Hz79tjqRosK4tWYA
youtube.com/watch?v=73mZMcV-OgU
youtube.com/watch?v=MKx86mTin-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=dDfnw4aycYM
youtube.com/watch?v=gK6zHysxoCo
youtube.com/watch?v=wfsXdpOXFd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

nope

Thats not how that works. Google "fundamental forces of the universe"

Is it possible you're actually just a retard?

didn't read because of pic, erth is flat

If this were possible than we could create grav plating on the I.S.S. using just electro magnets, and its not.

its much simpler than that.

the earth is flat and stationary.

there is buoyancy and density depending on the surrounding medium on the order of electromagnetic forces that make mass.

gravity is just a concept to explain heliocentric theory.

/thread

what if electromagnetism is just a category of gravity?

Not only is gravity not electromagnetism, but electromagnetism shares more in common with the other forces. Gravity is the odd one out.

If one were to set an object that was so dense it would consume all matter in the universe on the opposite side of the universe in relation to earth, would the earth start moving toward it as soon as the massive object was introduced into our universe?

no no

yes

But pic is flat.

Its a natural phenomena. Anything with mass will attract another thing with mass.

I have mass.

You have mass.

If we were in interstellar space away from the influence of other planets, you and I would be slung together by our masses. Its how things work.

Gravity concerns interactions between objects with mass whereas electromagnetism concerns charges. It is true that at very special conditions they may behave similarly so that you can draw a parallel with them but you have to keep in mind that they deal with different intrinsic characteristics of a object.

No. Gravity propagates at the speed of light.

y tho

you can definitely see that it's trying to imply that the earth is not flat

gravity is the effect of the displacement of spacetime. you have an object taking up room in space, and depending on how much spacetime is displaced, an equal and opposite force pushes back onto the object

You are an embarrassment to yourself, your family, and your nation.
You should kill yourself in your shame for asking such a question.

Why is the speed of light (or "c", whatever) so limiting in the universe? I understand that if you travel beyond that speed you can basically go back in time and that breaks the laws of physics, but doesn't that mean that the laws of physics are flawed? How can we tiny humans dictate a limiting speed for the universe?

Yeah and what IS mass? It's energy temporarily locked in such a pattern that it becomes a "unit" of mass, but that mass can be converted back into energy. All of the forces are fundamentally linked and simply variations of spacetime itself.

You really want to fuck with your brain, photons don't experience the passage of time. It stands still for them. Finger that one out

Because you're a fucking cunt.

How can gravity be real when your eyes aren't real?

We don't dictate the speed limit. It's simply that we have found no evidence of anything that moves faster than that limit. In theory, there MIGHT be ways around that speed limit, but we have yet to prove that it's possible.

It's a geodesic. Just like the smallest path in a sphere is an segment of a circle. in spacetime, it is a light path. As far as we have been using these laws, they never have broken. Eventually, if it happens that we find some error we would simply rewrite the laws of physics. Just like we did in the transition from classical to modern mechanics

At the planck scale, they're all the same

not really no. the mind fuckery comes from matter waves causing space/time to warp or spiral. you ever get your noodle wrapped around that one and there's no coming back to the mortal plane chummies.

I'm not saying that they aren't linked. Gravity doesn't equal Electromagnetism for the same reason an apple doesn't equal a banana: by definition. However, if you really want to mix mass and charge together, you would have to change the axioms that were already established.
Also saying that mass is energy in a certain way doesn't justify anything. For that matter, what would be energy then? It's just a concept that we made up to understand nature, just like mass and charge.

Magnets...who fucking knows how they work?

Maxwell

Things don't move at the speed of light, light has no mass so it moves at the speed of causality. Literally the fastest speed at which something can change in space, which is why you can't go faster than that. To go faster that that, you have to warp through space itself.

it's not matter attracting matter directly, matter displaces space/time and this causes objects that are smaller to "fall" to the larger one

this is an observed constant in the universe, there is no why, only a 'how'

eventually all matter/energy will reconverge into one singularity and another big bang will result in another universe

too hell with deep freeze theorists

there have been some particles observed going faster than light recently

The tachyon is the theoretical super luminous particle that exists mathematically. Quantum entanglement is the phenomenon of two particles arising from the same reaction will exhibit exactly opposite quantum characteristics like spin. If you measure a spin direction on one particle, the other particle will be opposite spin. Somehow the particles communicate super luminosity. Einstein called this "spooky action at a distance". Experiments confirm this. I think gravity must operate at super luminous speeds.

When you say space/time does that mean the black stuff around the planets are actually time itself?

>Citation needed
A few years ago someone made that claim at the LHC, but it turned out to be a problem with the equipment.

Your mom on my cock goes faster than the speed of light recently too or were you talking about a separate occurrence?

Don't neutrinos or whatever they recently discovered travel faster than photons?

It doesn't.

newscientist.com/article/dn3232-first-speed-of-gravity-measurement-revealed/

possibly. idk man. I just got this antigravity book, I havent been able to put it down.

ill let you know.

If that were the case you would have seen that posted on every news channel. Haven't seen any tweets from atlas or CMS experiments about it.

Never mind, a quick Google search let me know it was an experimental error. Never followed up on that after hearing about it, so that's my fault.

lol no.

the black stuff, being empty space isn't really empty per se

it still represent distance, and space can be warped by great mass or other high mass phenomenon like dark energy

when space is warped, the effect of distance is altered and thus so is time

now this doesn't mean space is some soup apart from mass, all things in the universe are considered space, and as well time is a component of everything

people say space/time in regards to gravity because of the dynamic of space and time are directly effected by gravity - they are essentially one thing and you should try to think about that until it makes sense if it doesn't already

rekt.

why is it that all the people i know with children don't give a fuck about the earth's future, let alone give a shit enough to not lead selfish dickwad lifestyles?

No. Neutrinos were thought to be massless, but their mass was measured years ago. Nothing travels faster than light in the same inertial reference frame.

Gravity doesnt exist. The reason things rise and fall on this world is because of buoyancy. Dense things take the "bottom space" and less-dense objects tend to go higher. It is the bottle-filled-with-sand-rocks-water-and-oil experiement all over again, but in a world-sized scale.

How does science "prove" that gravity is what keeps entire oceans from "falling" away from earth? They dont. They dont ever prove it. Gravity is allegedly so pwoerful it can keep oceans in place, but I can get a fucking balloon, fill it with helium, and see that thing fly away into the clouds. Is gravity some "racist" force that discriminates cerain objects and only acts on some? Seems like bullshit to me. Gravity either affects EVERYTHING or NOTHING at all. There is no in-between.

PS: we live in an electrical world. We are electrical beings living lives filled with electricity, and our world leaders are brainwashing us to think we came from a big bang and will die and become nothing at all.

What? No it doesn't. Gravity's specific pull would relate to the mass of the object. If gravity moved at light speed, your pencil would be on the floor before you saw it fall.

Gravity does affect a balloon but it also affect the air inside of the balloon and the air outside. Depending on their respective densities, the balloon may rise, fall or remain stationary.

Sounds like you want to fuck him in the ass

Bullshit. Prove to me that "gravity" affects a balloon with helium. In fact, dont prove it to me; prove it to YOURSELF.

Do you agree that if you fill up a balloon with helium it will rise up?

I know, I was referring to more recently when they were observed traveling faster than light. However it appears to have been experimental error that was later corrected, but I never heard about the error part. Hence

No

the explain why helium doesn't float away from the moon

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=nhP_tI-AyIY

You're confused between weight and density. You need to go back to class. When you're finished with sixth grade, you can come back and discuss things.

If you're an adult, you need to stop projecting your inability to comprehend basic principles of fluid dynamics on others as a superiority complex about fabricated falsehoods.

Well that's one experiment. And even in that link they mention brane world theories, which suggest that gravity "takes a shortcut through extra rolled up dimensions". I suppose if the lhc continues to reinforce super summitry and string theory dies then the brane theory thing dies with it.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you've just said until you realize how dumb it is.

no, it is feminism.

because it doesnt get to the moon because it gets ripped apart in space, dumass.

Proven

2 parts. Balloon and air. Remove the air, the balloon falls to the earth because of its gravity. There's too much density because the balloon is small. It's weight is concentrated across a smaller area, therefore it's more dense. When filled with helium, it becomes much more voluminous, but the balloon itself weighs the same. The helium weighs less than the surrounding air by a fair margin. It's only the weight of the balloon that keeps it from reaching the heliosphere.

Yes, I do because Ive done it myself, mother fucker. Now come at me with your brilliant comeback that is supposed to rekt me.

Lol

Never reproduce.

rekt

A balloon that floats in air will sink in a vacuum chamber, I.e. the gravity drags the balloon down when there is no air for it to float on

I dont know of anybody who has ever done an experiment regarding both moon and helium, nor have I done such expreiment.

well you're just full of shit, helium is all over the surface of the moon, helium comes from the sun and the moon's extremely low gravity allows it to land and become trapped there in it's micro atmosphere and in the soil

source: nasa and the apollo landings

Inb4 moon landing deniers

Why are things heavy? Why are things not-heavy? Because of its density. And why do objects go up or down? Because of its density. And to send someone back to sixth grade is the same as sending them into Brainwash Central. The education system is what has people programmed into believing in shit like gravity, aliens, Earth nucleus, the atom model, the big bang, black holes, etc.

lol no there isnt anything at the moon except a flag.its in space you massive fucking faggot. helium is the shit they put it balloons, its not at the moon..

Who else thinks it's fucking hilarious that a giant douche nozzle like bill Nye was leading some March for science thing today. I weep for the future of stem studies.

You are wrong. The balloon with helium goes down in a vaccum chamber because the helium is heavier than the space around it. It tends to go down. And the reason is electromagnetism, and the source for electromagentism is beneath our very feet.

It all comes in waves.

Moon landing footage is fake as fuck. Never happend.

Gravity is just a electromagnetic dipole attraction force between atoms, See Electric Universe and "Thunderbolts Project" on Youtube, Gravity is the driving force of solar systems, yes, But the electromagnetic force in our universe is the most dominant.

Befor you solve the secrets of the universe maybe you should read a book the earth is flat not round.

The higgs bozon gives particles mass.

Then why can't I attract a heavy log with an electromagnet?

youtube.com/channel/UCvHqXK_Hz79tjqRosK4tWYA

nah, it did happen. it happened in one of those movie hangar stages in los angeles.

or maybe because the helium is inside the balloon and gravity pulls the balloon down.

youtube.com/watch?v=73mZMcV-OgU

Discussion on the speed of gravity.

Gravity has to be faster than light, if it wasn't, then our earth for example would be gravitationally attracted to the sun, but the sun as it was positioned 8 minutes ago, so our planet will be flung out of our solar system.

They said it puts constraints on the brane world theories. It's also a fairly old article and experiment. Since then, gravity waves have been directly measured moving at the speed of light.

Calm down

By your assumption, thing would move only by a density difference and you are also assuming that vacuum does have a density. I need you to answer the following:

- Is vacuum more or less dense than the balloon?
- As the balloon is on outer space, where would it go?

I haven't really read much about it but now I will.

so you bastards know about the electric universe theory?

in simple words it says that the understanding of everything and how we study the universe is based on mass. planets, galaxies, time, etc-

but instead we should be thinking of electromagnetism/plasma... to see the whole universe as a huge electric network. and if you start from there, a lot of well overthinked and yet with no solutions modern physic/universe problems are easily explained. its just a modern theory that starts from electricity instead of mass.

think about it, we started to understand basic electricity just recently. its understandable that we built all our theories from mass as we understood that before...

and there ara a ton of documentaries and books about it.. its working the same problems from other basis.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKx86mTin-Q

youtube.com/watch?v=dDfnw4aycYM

youtube.com/watch?v=gK6zHysxoCo

youtube.com/watch?v=wfsXdpOXFd8

one of those docus sucked, but i saw them way back.. so dont remember wich one it was. also my english sucks. but oh well.

> I can get a fucking balloon, fill it with helium, and see that thing fly away into the clouds
why's that a surprise? the balloon contents are less dense than the atmosphere in which it floats including the mass of the balloon
the atmospheric pressure is at its greatest at sea level, as altitude increases atmospheric pressure decreases, so eventually the balloon will stop going up because the density of the balloon relative to the supporting environment under the influence of gravity will reach equilibrium.

>why do objects go up or down? Because of its density
because of relative density
density is mass over volume
gravity's effect is on mass
gravity is 9.81m/s², we can make predictions with this

Quantum entanglement doesn't transfer data, it doesn't actually break the speed of light.

The tachyon is just theoretical and never been observed.

Gravity moves at the speed of light.

Hey, answer me

If the balloon is at outer space, away from everything, where would it go?

It's not IF "you travel beyond [the speed of light]". The laws of physics dictate that you CANNOT exceed the speed of light. You cannot even achieve the speed of light. The notion of travelling back in time is nonsense.

The effect of gravity propagates at the speed of light. Gravity itself moves matter based on mass. Go back to school.

no dude its saturday night, school isnt open.

Haven't laughed on Sup Forums in months.

>have a cookie