Is Ableton still the default DAW for hipsters or has everyone moved on to something else?

Is Ableton still the default DAW for hipsters or has everyone moved on to something else?

I use Renoise, 100% recommend

i agree, renoise is good and solid and lightweight but I always end up making noodly loops with trackers and never make a complete song. I guess i just think musically from left to right.

It makes sense to use piano rolls cause I think that's how most of us visualize music, I like how much information Renoise displays at once. And you can make things really quickly once you get the hang of it

FL Studio is probably the one I see most used.

I always hoped Renoise would add some kind of piano roll clips that could be interchangeable with tracker clips. Because I agree, if it were not for the tracker format I would definitely be using Renoise. Especially if there was some sort of Max-like modular synth environment perfectly integrated with it.

See, in my head I could see a piano roll style editor and along the bottom you still have all the little fiddly parameter automations you get with trackers. More like an old-school CV/Gate sequencer than typical Cubase style piano roll. That way you could easily turn a tracker clip into a piano roll clip and vice versa.

acid pro is really easy. great for prototyping. your song quality will improve. just don't use it as a final product.

Literally never heard of this. I'll have to check it out. How does it compare to reason if anyone is familiar

100% different. Renoise is a modern version of trackers like OctaMED and Impulse Tracker.

Renoise is great if you want to be Venetian Snares. Ableton Live is still the default electronic music / live DJing DAW, even if OP is 16 and makes noise because commercial compositions are hard.

I get memed by everything on Sup Forums so I'll just stick to what I'm used to

Very different from Reason, Reason has gotten bloated, Renoise is more for a reptilian brain. You can get really meticulous and detailed within Renoise.

I like FL studios sequencer and Logics main track window and plugin setup.
I never got into Ableton, and it seems unintuitive to me.
Should i try Renoise?

Just checking it out, looks more like LSDJ than anything else, seems promising.

real nibbas use Max Msp

>I use Renoise, 100% recommend
It makes for an excellent drum machine.

ain't nobody got time for that. i wanna make music, not set up oscillators and logic gates for a couple hours

I like garageband for chopping samples, soundforge for effects and ableton for arranging and mxing.

i really really like Ableton, its what allowed me to find a workflow that suites me. But of course each to their own, i could never use trackers for example but my friends use them all the time.

Is Ableton inherently broken? I hear a lot of horror stories about crashes

mfw when my melodies are beautiful but i can't arrange to save my fucking life.

Do what I've done for the last ten years:

Take songs you really like, drag it into Ableton, set markers along the song at intro, first verse, bridge, chorus, breakdown (and even more detailed like "hihats come in here" or "double the kick here") and just steal arrangements. No one notices and it makes songs fit that comfortable arrangement people like.