Was Jesus Christ a real person?

Was Jesus Christ a real person?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it was in a book man, anything in a book is factual.

get with the program. all the other books too.

Yeah and he was a sand nigger, so who cares

Of course not

LOL!

No.

Jesus most likely was a real person. As in Jesus of Nazareth, a traveling preacher people considered to be a prophet, and by the most fanatical, the messiah. There were many such people in those regions at that period of time. His following just blew up following his death and led to the spread of Christianity.

The bible: a story of one woman's infidelity

Mary lied to Joseph coz she had been fucking someone else

Joseph hadn't even fucked his wife yet

Every stupid motherfucker back then believed her

Mary was a whore

No evidence outside of the written word of religious scholars and historians. And the accuracy of their word is dubious, obviously.

Dunno but he loves to watch people masterbate

youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho

Even the Romans believed Jesus was only "a superstition taken to extravagant lengths".

If so, contemporary Roman sources are oddly quiet on the subject, and the Dead Sea Scrolls make no mention of him despite being found in the vicinity of Bethlehem.

Yes.
Was he the son of god? Fuck no.

>the Dead Sea Scrolls make no mention of him despite being found in the vicinity of Bethlehem.
Could they not be carried?

R u fukin kiddin me m8!? We had this discussion lastnight. Spam is heavy with this one m8s. Theres better threads than this one

I don't believe he was, but if he was we should all agree that the guy was obviously a liar and a con artist.

>Theres better threads than this one

Then why u postin, retard?

Well, there's good news: Joseph and Mary didn't exist either. They were all bout as real as Paul Bunyan.

Wha? A swallow, carry a pot of scrolls?

>knows about the dead sea scrolls and Monty Python
I appreciate you as a human bean.

Question everything, m8

Who created Christianity? Was it the Romans?

Paul of Tarsus, mostly.

I think Jesus was a political rebel against Rome in the prelude of the jewish wars and was crucified for that.

It was a cult that existed in Rome between 33 and 325 ad and Christians were shunned and persecuted by society until Constantine the Great decreed tolerance for the religion since his mother was involved with it.

muhammed took stuff and made his own branch if it

the scrolls don't mention Jesus so

they probably both did something similar

I'm the sense that it's all bullshit and they used other people's work to make it seem like they are demi-gods in direct cahoots with the man upstairs

Yes, a real shitskin kike.

It should be noted that the title "The Great" was given to him by Christian historians long after his death. Just another example of phony agenda-driven historians manipulating history.

The first Christians were nutjobs.

African or European?

was mohammad?

Nope.

/thread

Jesus was a magic mushroom.
Prove me wrong faggots

It's all a huge misunderstanding. Jesus was a collective of anti-Roman rebels who were trained and financed by Chinese merchants to destabilize the Empire's hold on the Middle East.

It's not like there were surveillance cameras everywhere. Men of roughly the same ethnicity and body type with long hair and beards all look pretty much alike at a glance. The brightest students at synagogues and other learning institutions were recruited.

They were all roughly the same age, with similar facial features, eye color, and hair color/type. Their families, if wealthy, were told about a special school that would cost less than what they were paying but provide a better education. If the family was poor, the recruiter offered to buy the child as a servant. The children were taken to what is now Pakistan for several years of intensive training.

They learned life skills like how to fish, how to bake bread, and how to make wine. The keys to these skills were considered trade secrets and were normally only passed from master to apprentice. They were also trained in Eastern medicine and herbalism so they'd be able to heal the sick (and take care of each other if there were injuries). They learned stage magic and sleight of hand. Basically, these guys ended up being fucking MacGyver.

Then they set about teaching social outcasts (prostitutes, criminals, etc.) the skills they'd learned. They each recruited twelve followers who were taught the "Jesus" cover story (virgin birth, messiah, and so on) and told to spread "The Gospel". That's why the Gospels of the Holy Bible conflict with each other. They're describing different people.

So, yes, there were real people running around claiming to be The Messiah. The reason that Jews deny the divinity of Jesus is that the rabbis were in on the con. Synagogues were the primary source of recruits and Jews are terrible at keeping secrets from one another.

I'd write more but this is TL;DR already...

Of course he was

Do a full 360 rotation and walk away

/thread

>/thread on your own post
Here's your (You), faggotron.
Enjoy your fap.

Jesus was invented in the middle ages to star in a musical

when you realize that it doesn't matter if he was real, you have begun to understand

It doesn't matter if he was real, but questioning his existence definitely bothers a lot of people.

Huge List of Darknet (TOR/Deep Web)
>>Hidden Websites 2017

Most early legends are based to some degree in fact. The real question is: Does the story hold up?
Or more importantly, if greater powers are above our control, why even bother to worry about them at all? Life becomes simpler when you accept that there may or may not be a greater power.

Source: your ass

I just had a thought. People say if God is real he is cruel, but what if God doesn't even know we exist, because he isn't omnipotent.

historical jesus was lost in history, we cant research who was the real man behind it anymore we can only assume but the bible is a built up messias to make him look 'perfect'

Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetie.

>omnipotent
You mean omnipresent?

Disregard , I suck cocks.
Omniscient.

I'll put it to you this way. If Jesus was all that important and influential, there would be documents, letters, or written accounts verifying his existence. There are tons of documents from this time period, including many from world leaders and other influential figures. It's strange that none survive that involve or mention Jesus, the supposed son of God that we base our calendar model around.

Hell maybe. But all that magic bullshit most certainly didn't happen.

That's because the operation I sketched out in was a failure (at least in its original intent) once one of them managed to get himself arrested and killed.

> the scrolls

Wat? The Qur'an mentions Jesus 187 times.

not true

It's a shame more historians don't have the balls to call out the whole Jesus bunk, or other supposedly real religious figures. People are still too afraid of backlash or threat of violence.

Does it matter? Would it change who you are, what you do?

Answer that and think hard about it.

The Qur'an is almost an exact rip-off of the bible, which is itself a remake of the torah, or whatever its name is.

Historians actually agree that Jesus probably was a real person. Obviously not a good though. He was also probably black.

>Palestinians
>black

Holy historical revisionism

Historians don't base this on any actual evidence though, and most of them do it out of fear of backlash. It's anti-intellectual to assume something existed without evidence to back it up.

>fear of backlash
Yes. Because historians fear backlash.

It would definitely cause a lot of people to lose their minds. The sort who believe in that sort of thing are only a hairtrigger away from madness anyway.

>Because historians fear backlash.

Of course. Over the past 2000 years, in many Christian countries, blasphemous statements or beliefs would result in death. Historians are no different.

The worlds changed a lot over 2000 years. Western historians don't have much to fear but a bunch of autists on the internet.

There is still a fear of going against the grain out of fear of reprisal. I doubt most honest historians actually believe Jesus existed, but it's a a way of satiating people to say "well, he probably did." Based on what? Well, a lot of people believe it's true, and they've believed it for a really, really long time, so it probably is.

>historians don't have much to fear but a bunch of autists
...until they want to work in Jerusalem or somewhere religious wackos are known to congregate...or the Dean of the school they want a job at is a fucking Christian...

The quaran cracks me up, it reminds me of the typical Asian kids at school, if you had something they claimed they had something stupidly better.

A prime example is Christian angels having 2 wings, but the quaran have one with like a million wings....

It reminds me of the south park episode with the guy who makes animals with multiple butts..

WE GET 72 VIRGINS

HOW MANY VIRGINS U GOT?

YEA THOUGHT SO FAGGOTS

Sure, because the majority of Jews at that time and place didn't give too much of a fuck about yet another upstart sect.

The only reason that the Romans bothered to crucify the guy, for sedition no less, was because they'd had enough of Jewish upstarts. Between the Zealots and wacky sects like Jesus' the Romans were about to lose it.

In 70, they finally did.

/thread

And it was the First Ecumenical Council at Nicea that codified the beliefs that became what people recognize today.

The only reason that those beliefs got picked, including the designed-by-committee-completely-crazy conept of the Trinity, was because there were many opposing "Christian" groups. A lot of those were just Jewish groups that thought Jesus was a decent rabbi and maybe the messiah (which is *not* a fucking mystical term).

The Paulins sect were a bunch of Greeks that knew jack shit about Judaism, so they couldn't see the idiocy of trying to bolt a bunch of familiar pagan beliefs onto Judaism.

Given the fact that Constantine pretty much incarcerated them and said "Hey assholes, none of you are going home until you're all saying and believing the same shit" and that the Paulines were better used to the weather and there were enough of them that once they hotboxed the place everyone else said "fuck it" and gave the Paulines everything they wanted.

This is why Christianity makes the least sense of any of the Abrahamic faiths.

omniverous

Dude.

Show me one single "New Testament" verse that describes angels as having two wings.

nigga you gonna write an absolutely ridiculous post and not post any source whatsoever? It could possibly make sense but bro come on, you don't even point out any circumstantial evidence besides the gospels being contradictory. It's an interesting theory though for sure.

I'd have to say, Jesus likely existed in some way. But who knows? Who cares? He wasn't a messiah, just a guy who talked about religion, who cares.

The fact that there are three "synoptic" Gospels *is* evidence that all four don't agree.

Or is that you think 75% ain't bad for the "infallible Word of God"?

no