Which one is the better Sup Forumsvie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UpXHCRYXP7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whiplash
neither of them are very good though

Super tough choice. As much as I loved La La Land, I think I'd give the win to Whiplash. It was far more interesting and intense, and I could empathize with the main character.

Even though I'm not a huge fan, Whiplash is superior. La La Land was just Hollywood masturbation with a Disney story

Both are shit, second post is absolutely pleb

whiplash is extraordinarily overrated but it's definitely better. why did you make this thread?

La La Land is so not my type of movie, but it's better made, infinitely more style than Whiplash. I still don't totally get the massive hype for either, but it seems more justified for La La Land imo, Whiplash was shockingly lauded considering how bland and generic it really was.

Whiplash

Super tough choice. As much as I loved La La Land, I think I'd give the win to Whiplash. It was far more interesting and intense, and I could empathize with the main character.

Even though I'm not a huge fan, Whiplash is superior. La La Land was just Hollywood masturbation with a Disney story

whiplash is extraordinarily overrated but it's definitely better. why did you make this thread?

La La Land is so not my type of movie, but it's better made, infinitely more style than Whiplash. I still don't totally get the massive hype for either, but it seems more justified for La La Land imo, Whiplash was shockingly lauded considering how bland and generic it really was.

OP, do you even know what a kino is?

>Super tough choice. As much as I loved La La Land, I think I'd give the win to Whiplash. It was far more interesting and intense, and I could empathize with the main character.

Gosling is an actual musician and took piano lessons 6 days a week to learn how to play his parts in La La Land. I like La La Land more as a movie but the soundtrack, while enjoyable, is a bit bland.

Can you imagine how shit La La Land would've been if Emma Watson had gotten the role which was planned from the beginning instead of Emma Stone

Hollywood masturbation

what the fuck is going on

Super tough choice.

As much as I loved La La Land, I think I'd give the win to Whiplash.

It was far more interesting and intense, and I could empathize with the main character.

Even though I'm not a huge fan, whiplash is superior.

La la land was just Hollywood masturbation with a Disney story

Gosling is an actual musician and took piano lessons 6 days a week to learn how to play his parts in La La Land. I like La La Land more as a movie but the soundtrack, while enjoyable, is a bit bland.

Can you imagine how shit La La Land would've been if Emma Watson had gotten the role which was planned from the beginning instead of Emma Stone

What the fuck is going on with this thread?

What the fuck is going on with this thread?

wtf

Super

Either the shill bots are broken or Sup Forums is just being Sup Forums again

Neither one is quite my tempo

>catched

Super tough choice. Even though I'm not a huge fan, Whiplash is superior. But it's better made, infinitely more style than Whiplash. Gosling is an actual musician and took piano lessons 6 days a week to learn how to empathize with the main character. neither of them are very good though

High Fidelity

The musical scenes are literally the worst part of La La Land.

Whiplash. It was a good movie.
I didn't like La La Land very much, but then again, I'm not a big fan of musicals.

One of my friends cried while watching La La Land and I constantly make fun of him for it.

Whiplash was a better movie with a better soundtrack.

La La Land was bland af for how grandiose it was. People only like it because of how pretty it was.

It's better

I'd rather be forced to watch the fucking Muppet Movie 30 times in a row than deal with car-crash-surviving "hardcore jazz" storytelling or post Gene Kelly Diznee vomit.

But that's not really fair since the Muppet movie was surprisingly good

I'd rather be forced to watch the fucking Muppet Movie 30 times in a row than deal with car-crash-surviving "hardcore jazz" storytelling or post Gene Kelly Diznee vomit.

Exactly

Exactly

I am a gigantic faggot please rape my face

K

Exactly

(You)

Exactly

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY

(OP)
(You)
I AM A GIGANTIC FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE

nice way to ruin a good shitpost faggot

EAT A ROOM OF DICKS

>whitewashed jazz movies
they're both trash

(OP) (You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)
(You)

Whiplash
OP, do you even know what a kino is?

whiplash is just a cheap sports film
also jazz sucks and so does its drumming

You tell me, OP ;3

I didn't know that I was starving til I tasted (You)

What kind of fucking thread is this?

loved them both but whiplash is better

posting a Sup Forumscore movie that isn't about music

youtube.com/watch?v=UpXHCRYXP7s

I thought this was a great doc until I learned how close marc was with the homeless featured in the film. It's basically just a documentary about his friends.

La La Land is legitimately bad Oscar bait.

agreed
the 'crash' of this decade

they're extremely different movies, what do you want me to compare them on?

they're both about music and directed by the same person

I'm aware, that doesn't contradict anything I said or answer my question

It isn't fair to compare two films by the same director?

I'm asking you, given how different they are, what you want them to be compared on, not whether the comparison qualifies as "fair"

If you need to do mental gymnastics to figure out a way to compare two films regardless of how different they are from each other maybe you should avoid discussing films, you're just going to frustrate anyone you talk with.

You are absolutely starting to creep me the fuck out.

>If you need to do mental gymnastics to figure out a way to compare two films regardless of how different they are from each other maybe you should avoid discussing films
I can compare them just fine, but given how different they are, I would struggle to compare them with a view to deciding that one is superior to the other

but go ahead and tell me which one is "better" and, more importantly, why mr. film critic

You sound like my ex-girlfriend.

I haven't even seen either film.

Sorry to hear that you're struggling though.