This album is a perfect representation of our generation in both a good and bad way

This album is a perfect representation of our generation in both a good and bad way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C2bhqOIZkLk
youtube.com/watch?v=zENrM-C1Ztg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

explain.

I like it too but explain yourself

The extreme focus on reviving a past sound ties in perfectly with how fashionable nostalgia for the 90s/80s is

The lyrics all have this theme of depression, doubt, self destruction, which are all pretty common in modern times, and also adds layers of sarcasm to it which reflect the "lol im so depressed xd" meme culture thats sprung up both as a means of masking the issue and making it "trendy"

sure, i'll give you that

What the fuck does Hayley have to be depressed about?

nothing and she isn't. OP thinks pandering = representation. in some meta way he's right though

Dude are you serious
Being super successful doesn't mean you're immune to feeling bad about stuff especially considering all of the shit she went through in her personal life for most of this decade

see: robin williams

Imagine what it's been like for Hayley:
>parents get divorced and have to move to a new state where kids make fun of you at school especially for your southern "hick" accent
>want to be in a band but no one is serious about music at school
>have to deal with some annoying label trying to turn you into Britney Spears or something
>allowed to start band with some good friends at school
>start doing gigs but don't like how dad is mean to the boys in the band but you just have to sit there feeling bad
>at least the band's getting bigger
>work on next album, fall in love with your guitarist who you start dating, and release your biggest hit, "Misery Business"
>go through rough break up with guitarist who you write with
>start working on next album though tensions become worse than ever after heated argument with ex-boyfriend who finds your new lyrics to be anti-Christian and is jealous of all the attention you get
>release new album with lyrics anyways
>ex-boyfriend/guitarist quits, puts you on blast on the Internet, and drags along drummer
>release some new songs but your sound is becoming dated now and you're becoming more irrelevant by the day
>decide to make most accessible music yet along with some of your most experimental
>release new album with your biggest hit yet, "Ain't It Fun"
>but next year, bassist and childhood friend, Jeremy, quits the band and files a major lawsuit against you
>you find out that your fiance has been cheating on you with groupies
>get married to your unfaithful husband regardless
>begin serious talks with Taylor, the last other band member left, about maybe just ending Paramore

At least she's feeling better now.

How come she gets a free pass and coddled for this stuff but people who are nobodies with similar issues don't?

because this board is filled with poptimists.

Probably. What was just described seems like typical attractive/talented/successful people problems.

wait... her husband was cheating on HER?
the guy from new found glory?
she's so far out of his league that i'd expect her to be cucking him
but I guess his name is Chad.

Because she's popular and you're not.

What do you mean by free pass and how am I giving her one and not giving it to others?

It's a music forum, we're going to talk about music. If you don't like it you are more than welcome to fuck off.

stalking =/= talking

Not being my gf.

No one's getting stalked.

She's in her thirties, user

Shit son, I'm 27.

>No one's getting stalked.

You're giving her one by explaining her story in detail as if what she went through and who she is really justifies her having something to be really depressed about.

She's not, she seems to be really paranoid. I understand it from knowing about the shit she went through in her previous bands. I'm not that person though. It's just jokes and always has been, no harm has ever been intended towards her. Can we not de-rail the thread with this retarded shit?

I wasn't the one who typed out her story
the whole concept of justifying being depressed is very strange to me
shit things happen in everyone's life and its normal for them to make you feel down regardless of your standing or affluence or whatever

I also don't get how being understanding of this case with her means I'm not understanding of this case with other people

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY THREAD ITS ALREADY DIVERGING FROM MY ORIGINAL INTENT BUT I DON'T WANT YOU MAKING IT EVEN WORSE
GET OUT
GET
OUT
GET
OUT
GET OUT

>she seems to be really paranoid

I didn't do shit.

it's not that she needs to be justified. it's that people will call ian curtis or nick cave whiney for their lyrics or whatever and hayley gets a pass

Hayley Williams is a cunt prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=C2bhqOIZkLk

>get sexually assaulted
>you're the cunt

It's more the way she humiliated and embarrassed him in front of everyone, when she could have just had a word in his ear.

I hate it when musicians drag single members of the crowd out on stage, always uncomfortable to watch because the crowd is always going to be on their side, and they're like a baying mob at times.

She has bitch tits.

I would be depressed for life if I were her.

He deserved being humiliated for doing that.

Little disappointing that her areolas are brown desu.

I've always had a crush on her but I won't argue that

youtube.com/watch?v=zENrM-C1Ztg

It was just a peck on the cheek, she went way overboard. Not defending the guys actions either.

He had it coming
I don't think I really fault him though, if I was right next to my waifu I'd feel an urge to do the same.

You have terrible self-control then.

>ywn be bullied by hayley at a paramore concert

Why live?

I didn't say I would do it

what the fuck is wrong with her?

t. incel

>>you find out that your fiance has been cheating on you with groupies
damn, i'll never understand why people cheat

she's pretty awful at keeping her friends around

from those vids, can you really even ask that?

So am I. But even I know that's not a real problem worth being depressed about.

your feelings aren't universal

I lost my friends here in Newport News due to drugs and just growing apart. I have friends in other citys, states and it kills me not to see them. So I can understand how that feels, like right now. Memorial day weekend, everyone's partying, bbqing, having a good time. I'm here alone. I understand how she feels if she's being honest about it, it's a very shitty feeling.

not a bad post tbqh

getting dissed by tyler in yonkers

She ought to collab with pic

You look out into the crowd and see someone in the front row. The girl you see has protruding ears and an odd haircut, but she looks so happy and giddy that you smile and ask her to come on stage. She rushes up the stage, ecstatic to finally meet you. She pulls out her camera and asks for a picture. You say "Sure" and lean in towards her for the photo. After the photo is taken, she suddenly gives you a kiss on the cheek, smiles, and says "My name ith Claire by the way... Claire Bouther".

Would you not feel violated?

Honestly it would depend on my mood. If this were to happen I'd just laugh it off. I'm a guy though, I don't know how a woman would feel having this done to her.

What an absolutely horrifying scenario that'd be, I would have grabbed her by her putrid face and shove her off the stage if this ugly little gremlin attempted such an act.

the stuff of nightmares

It's because Women are objects that perceive themselves to "belong" to their man or have to be "earned".

If a stranger kisses them, it's like stealing "property" from another man or taking something you haven't "earned"

It just doesn't work that way with guys. If a girl kisses you, she's offering to be your object or suggesting you "earned her". Of course a guy wouldn't be offended.

half of the posts you quoted were definitive negative responses

i didn't say otherwise

It's normal for people to shit on others who feel depressed or speak out their feelings, but it's specially the case when it comes to men.

your post seems to be working off for assumption that a guy would not be bothered in that situation

How do you still not understand that's not how depression works?