Anyone else enjoying building block towers

Anyone else enjoying building block towers

I'm 25, but I enjoy building them to unwind

Pic related, made it yesterday over an hour or so

I'm 28 an I spent about $2000 and a year building a massive LEGO sailing ship.
Building stuff is fun.

That sounds awesome man. I like blocks because knocking the towers down at the end is fun, Legos are so sturdy. They make awesome decorative pieces though.

Recently started building these. Very detailed. Come in flat sheets, you have to tear the parts out and bend/ shape them to form and put them together by bending tabs together.

I know its not related to blocks but hobbyish..

You guys all have an impressive amount of autism. Most sperglords these days stick to Minecraft but you guys really out do yourself.

well now I know what I'm going to be doing today...

That's pretty cool, OP. I used to build stuff like that when I was little; Used to destroy them afterwards, thinking of stupid shit like I was King Kong or something.

What are your interests/hobbies?

I used to build models as a kid but haven't in years. Feeling kinda nostalgic right now. I should do something like this again.

Looks comfy as fuck.

Those look dank tbqhwy. 27 here and still a fan of planes but I don't really collect anything besides fishing lures that get snagged underwater and lost.

I prefer to see people with a hobby like OP and the Lego guy instead of fags who sit at their gaming PC all day. It's nice to see something tangible.

you have the weirdest mix of stuff in the background, I build a lot of stuff though I'm usually working on some project or another to keep myself busy. Book shelves or whatever, family or friends will buy supplies or whatever and I make whatever for them since I have a little shop and what not. But mostly growing equipment or whatever for orchids that I sell

i build furniture

Thats cool, do you have lots? Fresh/ salt or both?

and i'm a homebrewfag

my man

That's sick. I was at an WW2 air museum yesterday and got to see a b-17 up close. They are massive!

that cost me about one fiddy to build. sold it for $400 on craigslist

some serious shit right there user
how old are you?

>I was at an WW2 air museum yesterday
the one in new orleans? that one is pretty cool

Christmas wreath still on the door.

>i build furniture
lol wut?
>5' tall mirror
>coathangers too close to footrest to actually keep jackets from getting dirty
>No umbrella stand
>Slide out drawer instead of flipopen/sliding doors.
>Minwax'd wood, which looks like pine...?
At least you only made one mistake on that 2x4 table. Oh wait, its a stepper, not a table - in which case you've made a serious error by not putting the middle crossbeams at the bottom as a weight-distribution footer.

nah, California

here's a dresser i built for my nephew

Nice

aye an orleans fag?

Fucking new york yankee workshop over here....

Couldnt help but be a smart ass

you don't know what you're looking at

I do stuff like that too, Craigslist is awesome for it, a lot of what I do now is for making stuff for peoples hobbies. Like building shadowboxes for peoples collections of whatever or desks made for specific purposes.

naw. houstonfag. i got to NO every few months for work

thats awesome, i wish i had some talent. when did you start to do this? just a hobby, or professional?

feelsbad man i've never met a fellow orleanian on the chan

yeah, they all got murdered.

started by working in my father in law's cabinet shop. this stuff is really pretty easy. just a box with trim and a top. finishing is tough...i'm not good at it. but i didn't do too bad of a job on this one considering i used a $15 harbor freight gravity gun for the finish.

all the niggers from NO came to houston after katrina. fuck mayor bill white for allowing that trash to come here and fuck up our beloved city

I have a couple lel

Mostly freshwater. Which is fucked up because I basically live on the Intercoastal in FL and 5min from a big fishing pier on the ocean but I grew up fishing freshwater in the Midwest so don't really like saltwater.

If I could fish saltwater like I do with fresh (casting lures from shore and getting bites every couple of casts), I would def be on the ocean more. But it seems like the best way to fish salt is to soak bait and watch the line for 3hrs and that bores me.

go easy on her. she was beaten as a child

I remember you from the drinking thread a couple nights ago nice shit man, I home brew too. Also I'm a beekeeper so I build all my own stuff for that too.

after my grandfather passed, we were cleaning out one of his sheds...found a butt load of old lures. my dumb uncle took them, though. :/

cool. post pic of apiary

I don't like building block towers, but I do enjoy collecting coins.

Houston was already trash, throwing some cajun seasoning in there could only have helped

Mfw you did not even take the time to hide the holes

I've got a few sites, here's some packages from filling starting up dead hives though. Went through 96 3 pound packages, was a busy few weeks plus moving hives into orchards. That's how I make money is through pollination contracts

Can you post a pic? That sounds really cool user.

those are walnut dowels you illiterate cockwomble

This is old fashioned autism, and also don't hate. I used to build model cars

I have like no pics under 2mb on phone I can post from pc though.

nice.

take 15lbs of honey, 6 gallons of water, champagne yeast and let it ferment for 2 weeks or so....you'll have a nice mead.

I almost always have a batch going , I like mixing with fruit though making cyser and such

Ehh, old fishing tackle isn't really worth much unless you had sentimental value. EVERYBODY has their father's or grandfather's old tackle box so when they try and sell them, people aren't willing to pay shit for it. Sometimes you can use lots of the stuff though because there are a lot of lures that haven't changed much over the years like Original Rapalas or Mepps. I have a couple old lures from my Dad's box in my tackle bag right now. When I moved, I left all of his old rods and reels in another state and I regret that. I would never use them but it would be cool just to have the 30-40 year old St. Croix rods and Abu reels.

>fucking Sup Forums image size limit making me resize errything

good for you, having a hobby you like. Now get out normie

It's a pain, but I phonepost and when I need to downsize a pic I use this app. It's called "Pic Stitch" and it's for making collages of pics but you can just do a single pic and it ends up putting this white border around it and cuts the pic from like 4mb to 500kb.

Holy shit i live in florida. Tampa

Let's see m8. You are a legit numismatic?

>legit numismatic
Idk nigga, I just like coins and collecting them. I'm not formally trained in the art of the coin collecting.

When were you diagnosed with autism?

Collecting coins is not your hobby
Its your soul
Dirty kike

I consider myself a numismatic as well...under what circumstances do you?

Nice I'll have to get that, I had one ass hole hive before I had my veil on that got me good, this was after filling up like 20 hives already, got about 10 on the one side all right around my eye I pulled 3 stingers out of just my eyelid maybe 5 or so on the other. I could barely even see the next day ha this was like 20 minutes after.

Sorry

Let's see some of your collection

You guys are amazing to me
One sting and i have to go to the hospital
I will look like the kid from up

Threads like this hurt man, seeing people with passions and goals make me feel like shit, 23 and I have literally no hobbies besides gaming and I have no passions at all, even gaming is just a pass time

Just remember this next time you eat an apple lol no joke I got stung like a dozen more times after the original when I was like a mile from the bee yard, they smell the sting and immediately go after it. This was a bad reaction I have no clue why it was like this but it was hilarious. I woke up the next day like this.

This is the only set I want.

Parents used to live in Aleif. Was a decent neighborhood. All changed in 2005, when, you guessed it, niggers fleeing from Katrina came in. Brought the value of the house down tremendously. It's still a cool city, though.

I was like that for awhile, try starting to grow plants or something. That pulled me out of a long funk that had been going for years and it's sad to say but that's what kept me getting up everyday for awhile was just keeping them alive.... orchids mostly but yeah

>complaining about housing values being caused by homeless hurricane victims...

This I think Dade and Broward (and maybe Monroe & the Keys) might be the only places worth living in Florida if you aren't a retiree or white trash.

Start fishin. I got real lazy and did nothing but drugs in my late teens and early 20s. I was working at a pizza place at that time and they were doing a newspaper article on something about the restaurant and the writer was asking the employees what they do for fun when not working. I had no good answer and it was depressing. But then I got back into fishing, playin the drums n music, and would ride BMX more if it didn't mean breaking bones. Either way it's nice when you meet somebody and they ask about your hobbies and you can say something besides "hanging out with friends and vidya". Chicks dig it too when you have actual hobbies.

Do you buy plans for these or make up your own designs?

>day 872
>wake up in the morning
>look to the left
>sigh
>my depression is getting worse
>start with morning routine
>watering my plants
>hey peter the cactus would you like a sip?
> oh lily the tulip you want some?
>what has my life become
>fall asleep as i think about what kind of plant i will get tomorrow

I kekked thanks but yeah I didn't talk to them but hey watching them grow gave me a tiny sense of accomplishment vs my usual accomplishments of collecting missed calls from my family and shit

This sums up my life

I just decided together with my parents that I'm quitting my study and moving out, gonna try to find a way of life that suits me, maybe I could get a plant.

Used to fish, I got ADD and can't focus on it, also like I said, I have no motivation for anything

>Naming a tulip lily

>naming a cactus peter

>naming a plant

>naming my dick mr. squiggles