Would falling 8 floors definitely kill me?

Would falling 8 floors definitely kill me?

I really want to die, have done for at least 8 years (probably more), but I can't imagine anything worse than being stuck in a coma, or paralysed, or in constant pain and forced to live.

I live on the 8th floor of my building, if I jumped would that definitely do it or is there a chance I'd live?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
youtube.com/watch?v=raJkCwQB2CY
science20.com/alpha_meme/suicide_life_ends_six_meters_above_ground-78133
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is a chance you'd live. There are better, more reliable suicide methods. Jumping is just easier because it only takes 1 moment of spontaneity.

No one cares faggot

Probably, my Neighbor jumped from 4th sind dies After 30 min

Jump head first, you'll be fine. Otherwise get a strong rope and tie it around your neck. It'll decapitate you.

It would most certainly kill you and rather painless if you landed on your head, but why do you want to die so bad?

Does nobody like being alive? I feel like we got gypped in this deal. Life basically sucks

There's a good chance that you'll survive the impact and die later. Can't recommend for a quickie.

Don't be a fucking pussy. Suck it up and find something you're passionate about and do it. Stop being a faggot

If you go head first you'll certainly die.
Not head first, you'll almost certainly die.

8 floors would most likely kill the average person, but you'd find a way to fuck up and come out paralyzed from the neck down

If your 8 story building averages at 10 feet per floor, then it would take almost two and a half seconds to hit the ground and you would be traveling at nearly 35mph. If you feel comfortable that it would kill you, try to land on your head and aim for something hard.

can't you just get some heroin or helium instead? falling sounds romantic and all but it really isn't reliable unless you have access to like the top floor of one of those giganto Vegas hotels or some shit. Even then there's a chance you'll just break all your bones and survive, or worse yet get snagged on something during your descent.

No guns in my country. I've tried opiate overdose in the past, fucking vomited them up. Can't think of anything else that would work, I'm too much of a pussy to cut my wrists or neck deep enough to finish the job

atleast anhero op!

I keep this in stickynotes for your convenience.
Shallow water blackout. You hyperventilate for a minute or two, then submerge yourself under water and hold your breath as long as you can.

You will pass out and drown before you feel the urge to breathe. Hyperventilation does not increase your blood oxygen saturation, but it unnaturally decreases the amount of carbon dioxide in your blood. And your body triggers the urge to breathe based on carbon dioxide in your blood.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout

I have a lot of patients who jumped from a building and are now para or tetraplegic.However if you are in coma or in vegetative state you wont have to worry about it, you wouldnt be conscious anymore. only a vegetable until you stop breathing automatically

You're thinking of the worst possible way to do it. You probably are too incompetent to even try it. Darn it.

Wait till winter have some alko and go to sleep outside. Painless...

not sure if trolling but:
life doesn't suck Sup Forumsro, it just seems like it does for a second but if you really pay attention you will realize that you can accomplish everything you want with enough effort.
you can literally do anything if you put your mind to it Sup Forumsro just don't give up, even if the world is currently going to the shitter, there's always hope until there's none.

The fall will not kill you. It's the sudden stop at the end that kills you.

You have to pick a good spot, though, or some asshole will find you at the last second and you get your limbs amputated.

I've never wished my flat had a bathtub more, alas it only has a shower. I do live near a pool though...

Agreed

>you can accomplish everything you want with enough effort
sorry buddy, but this is complete bullshit
the world isn't some metaphysical secret laws of attraction shit
there are physical, cultural, and financial barriers that will prevent the majority of us from achieving our dreams

I had a friend who tried this, didn't work, then again he was manipulative and lied all the time so maybe he didn't really try.

pool and firmly attached heavy weights never fails

Millenial?

All I'm 'passionate' about is lying in bed and not speaking to anyone. I scratch myself, when I'm forced to interact with people, and pick the skin from my thumbs, it's the only way I can bear even tiny interactions. Everything is shit, basically.

Hold up, helium can be fatal?? If that's true I'm renting me a tank tomorrow.

Okay, just googled this and this seems like the way to go. Thanks man!

Hey OP,

You shouldnt. Life is nice, just give it a while. Trust a stranger, k? Just give it a while.

But if you really have to check out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

That doesnt work anymore, every tank contains minimal amount of oxygen that is enough to not kill you, you'll wake up a few hours later and feel like total shit

source?

thats why i said "with enough effort" i wasnt talking about small things like working a couple of hours extra to get some extra money i was talking about big changes in one's life that can happen if you are willing to put the work in. if you environment doesnt allow these changes then just move and start over, i know its not easy but it is doable, especially if you already hit rock bottom then you have nothing to lose

That's the thing though, I don't want to achieve anything. I want to be dead.

Why should you kill yourself? Just Rob a Bank and fuck bitches and Do cocaine

for every person who's worked their ass off day in and day out and achieved their dreams, there are 10 who worked just as hard and failed

>Rob a bank

Yeah no guns available in my country, pretty hard to rob a bank without one I'd think...

I've done the cocaine and fucking dudes (not a fan of bitches) thing before, it's a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

Just go in there and threaten them with a big ass knife, or any other weapon you can get. Worst case scenario, the police will come and kill you, which is what you wanted all along.

The police killing me would be best case scenario, but even the fucking police in my country don't have guns so it's unlikely, and being in prison sounds like hell.

If I remember, there's a slight chance that you don't die. You should jump from the 11th floor at least.

You should just start to sell drugs, get as much cash as possible, and then Rob a bank

then quit being a little bitch
buy some chains, dumbells, and padlocks
lock as many weights as you can to your ankles and jump in that nearby pool

Step one: Get to a niggerhood
Step two: Tell the most niggerish of them if he knows where could you find a gun, not big, a .25 will do. If he asks what for tell him You are concerned about your safety
Step three: Get the weapon
Step Four: Go back to niggerhood at 2 AM.
Step Five: Use your cellphone, while walking in a dark park
Step Six: When you are robbed, pull out the gun and shoot that faggot in the face
OutcomeA: Nigger dead
OutcomeB: You dead.
OutcomeC: Both dead.

pretty sure you can get some cynaide, i think it can be bought legally for cleaning gold iirc

quick painless death, plus it's a pretty classy way to go, downing a pill with a last glass of whiskey while listening to Pavarotti

youtube.com/watch?v=raJkCwQB2CY

... It's a public pool you think the lifeguards are gonna let me go in with dumbells chained to me? I was hoping the hyperventilating thing (see ) would work without weights...

Why do you want to die anyway?

you really are a special kind of retarded, aren't you?
do it at night

underrated post

Cynaide painless? When its mechanism of death is to prevent every cell in your body from utilizing oxygen, im pretty sure its painful

lol my country is cold as shit year round there are no outdoor pools retard, how am I going to get in the fucking building without alarms going off and police stopping me

In theory this works fine if you can reliably black out. In practice, drowning while conscious is a bad way to go, and brain damage from oxygen deprivation is no picknick either. Sounds like this has a high chance of failure.

>No guns in my country.
Are there no metal pipes, nails, and black powder in your country, too?

you only need 3 minutes
you should have plenty of time before the police get there
does your shithole country not have any buildings taller than 8 stories to jump off of?

its painless in the same way gunshot to the head is painless. You die before you can feel anything

google? or do you need someone to hold your hand?

as soon as they let you jump alone, don't pull the chute
bonus points, it can look like an accident, if that's what you're going for

hold my hand please
that's why i asked

Would that really work? I heard most chute's are automatic now, seems suspicious if I ask for a manual one right...

you're in some shitty cold third world country where you can't get guns and the buildings are only 8 stories tall
i doubt you have the best in chute deploying technology
worst case scenario, you bring a knife with you and cut all the cords after your chute deploys

same

Hang yourself, you might think it will be painful but if you do it correctly your neck will snap instantly

>if you do it correctly
That's what I'm worried about with this, I fail at most things why would this be different?

>Don't be a fucking pussy.

>Doesn't then tell him to kill himself

get anti depressants
get a therapist
get a social job
struggle
survive

Lol my country isn't 3rd world, if it was pretty sure I could find an easier way to die. We don't have guns and even my building is bigger than 8 stories, but there's no roof access. I see that on American TV, people just easily being able to get onto their building's roof, I thought it was artistic license but is shit really like that in America?

hey reddit

If I gift you a game on Steam, will you consider not doing it? We care about you, user. :)

I'm on anti-depressants, have been for 8 years (Mirtazapine for 3, it's made me rather fat), therapists haven't done shit for me (I've seen 3), my old job was working with people it made me want to claw my eyes out.

Do yourself a favor and go downtown, and jump off the roof of a skyscraper. You can usually get to the roof through service stairs. If that fails, you can always throw a chair or some other furniture to break the window of the highest floor you can get to.

Don't be scared of lying your ass off to get inside either. You're gonna be dead soon, who gives a shit.

To be 100% sure of death, when you land, angle yourself so you either flop on the ground flat on your belly or strike the ground head-first. Either one is basically guaranteed to kill you.

just as tired of hearing your shitty story as I am with my own life
no one is going to care unless you make them care
fucking shit, dude. Id kill to have your extra lifetime you are willing to throw away

take a shiton of pills and drink alot of alcohol and the n jump, Even if u live (wich is a very small chance) you will die from the pills and alcohol

it's not necessarily easy to get outside that high up, but if you really wanted to you could do it
the fact that you keep coming up with excuses means you should just continue living out your miserable existence until you die of natural causes or loneliness

Maybe? what game? video games is the only thing keeping me alive

Purchase ratchet strap, Id buy a 2000kg just to play it safe, one end around your neck 3-4 times and connect ends together and 'tie down' to solid structure on your building, dive out, your neck could break or at least you will strangle your self and no one can really interfere, Just make sure you find a good tie down point

then fucking read, expand your consciousness with ideas. if you have nothing to live for, do the things you always wanted to do.

if you are more afraid to talk and connect with someone than kill yourself, you are just taking the cowards way out

So you won't even kill yourself in a way that lets you donate your organs. Nigger.

Angle yourself? what is he a pro sky diver? or is air like water?

>take a bottle of fiber pills
>eat beans
>chug water
>chug coffee
>eat bran muffins
>take a fuckload of laxatives
>stand on ledge until you are basically about to shit yourself
>drop pants
>jump

You'll always be remembered, OP.

his organs are probably fucked up and contributing to a chemical imbalance that makes him suicidal
why would anyone want his organs?

I've tried and failed twice, I'm scared shitless of that happening again, plus I'll 100% be sectioned if I try and fail again. I want to get it fucking right this time, not be dragged out of a pool by a cop or become a quadriplegic shitting myself twice a day

Dubs wills it

Jesus Christ, these pro-life-you-can-achieve-anything-if-you-want-to-fags ... who thought Sup Forums of all places would be plagued with them?

OP. you have to have some money or savings. So travel to a pro-gun-for-everyone country like Pakistan, Canada and US, have the time of your life there (or not) and if you drained all possible positivity, off yourself with a .357 Magnum or double-barrelled shotgun. That's how I'd do it.

alright, here's what you do then
if you make another excuse, you're a lost cause
go to the nearest large natural body of water
rent a boat
chains and weights

40+ fag here.
All the faggots on Sup Forums who want to kill themselves need to understand that shit passes. Everybody has shit at sometime in their lives but it all passes in time. In a year or so, probably less you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

ngl jumping from a roof would be the worst choice then.

8 stories 8 years, you were 14 when you first wanted to kill yourself. 14/88 you have to live for the white race.

I've been considering this for a while, is it really as easy to get a gun at a gun show as I've been led to believe? And how much $ would this require?

My savings are the 2 grand I owe the bank, but if I'm gonna die anyway I can get myself into a shitton of debt to do it

Why dont you hang yourself...I mean partial hanging like robin williams or more recently that tight end in prison...where you pass out due to restricted blood flow like in a choke hold...seems a painless way to go

... Actually, yeah, I live near the sea, this'll work.

Wait, let me check if I need a license to rent a boat

Nah, no definites ... People have had parachutes not open and survived falls from insane heights.

But seriously, fuck off. If you are posting here at all you aren't committed. I'm a psychologist btw. You may top yourself fucking up parasuicidal activity, but you obviously want to talk rather than do, which makes you both treatable and an outstanding whingy faggot.

If you want guarantees and have the money and contacts, you need to go old-school 'Jarn' (I can't say my own name) Mullins and stick 3kg of C4 directly up you own ass.

Problem solved, epic cut-scene.

Yeah, if you want your family to find you with an erection.

Yo op, go get in a car and drive like you stole it, it's fucking fun

Even if you have some underpowered shitbox

your dad could suck you off as a final adieu

same

That's what I'm talking about. The plan is foolproof. But in a country like Pakistan you wouldn't pay much for it. And in the US I'd guess around $ 300-600. Take a credit if you need the extra-peanuts.

A couple of years back I talked with a Pakistani for hours about his homeland, and given his description it's like GTA in real life, with forbidden terrorist zones and all that jazz.

But don't forget to do it in a rural are far beyond civilization, or else someone finds you running the risk of getting saved and becoming a vegetable. I know an 11 year old who tried to hang himself in his home, but his father found him after a couple of minutes, and now three years later he's a vegetable - fucking heartbreaking if you ask me. The boy shouldn't "live" like that.

I think so. Especially if you land on your head.

science20.com/alpha_meme/suicide_life_ends_six_meters_above_ground-78133
If you jump from a 20 story building, the electrical impulses wont have time to reach your brain before it's turned to mush.
Your last experience will be 6 meters above the ground. Look through the windows, you might see some tits.

The aim is head first. There was a male model who (supposedly) an hero by jumping down from the ledge of first storey window of his apartment building.