Dose anyone remember this show or is it too old?

Dose anyone remember this show or is it too old?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w1nrgMudF8s
youtu.be/__8f-HDai64?t=62
youtube.com/channel/UCzTie67To2orBE1Se9_G6lA/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's fucking siiiiiiick

Pretty sure almost all britbongs (unless their seriously underage) remember this show.

What was the best ship?

I would have to say T2 for its pod system.

Honest question, did this show gain traction in America? I know it's American made, but it seems to have achieved a level of cultural resonance in Britain that I don't see across the pond.

sadly old enough to remember it all nearly episode for episode and what happens.

I always loved how in the first episode with Fireflash, the aircraft etc, after they save the pilot and passengers and the guy is at tracy island, he's there saying how he wishes he could meet those young men that saved him and that he may never know who they are.

then it cuts to the thunderbird pilots all sat in casual clothing, above each of them is their picture on the wall which had them all in their thunderbirds kits, nice little goof there.

T2 was ace, as a kid always loved seeing what pod would get picked for what mission, though I did love T3 even though it never really had much of a focus.

For the pod system, T2 was pretty useful, but as a standalone vehicle I'd say T1 was most useful. T3 and T4 wwre fun when they got used, and T5 was literally just an excuse to get the creepy weird brother out of the house.

What did John do that was so bad they sent him to space to live in exile?

Superior puppetkino coming through

>Beloved franchise
>Stupid amount of toys
>Spawned offshoot tv series
>Does anyone remember this?
Ayy ofc I'm a Britcuck

Best show ever.

That was how they dealt with autism. It was a different time

Didn't they rotate every month?

City of fire is my fave episode, although the mighty atom is good too.

He Lena Durham'd his brothers

>it's the 1960s (a different time etc.)
>guy is wearing a pink sash

Read between the lines

I kind of wish T3 had a little more going on as it was really just the space ship.

Also I just remembered the best Thunderbird.

Now there's a VHS I watched repeatedly

Get on my level, faggots.

youtu.be/w1nrgMudF8s

How bad was this?

>The Orange County Register

The Mysterons were such assholes.
You could've just given Black a slap on the wrists, you lost literally nothing in the exchange you O O assholes.

Parker was the best character.

>love this show as a kid
>parents buy me the ship for my birthday
>its fully metal

That shit was so good.

Why are Nick Hoult and Daniel Day-Lewis' (still in character from 'Lincoln') piloting a spaceship?
Why do they have a ginger kid with Down's?
Why is the nigger so worried?

AN AIRSHIP???

fuck yes OP. had the videos AND tracey island with thunderbirds 1, 2, 3 even 4

the episode where thunderbird 3 has to rescue those dudes heading straight into the sun always stressed me out as a kid. those puppets were sweating so much and it looked so uncomfortable

I would fuck the shit out of Penelope

That was one thing really good about the show, it looked really realistic at times and absorbed viewers so well into the plot of each episode.

I know there is a cartoon show now but I don't know what thats like.

>tfw captcha asks for palm trees

I don't believe so, or if it did, it certainly didn't last.

jesus christ thank you for this nostalgia trip OP

Aye especially when you had moments where a character was doing something fiddly, or something, and it'd cut to a real life guys hands and arms doing the task or checking his watch.

I never noticed that stuff as a kid.

I think it did, mainly because I have the 50 years anniversary DVD set and on the bonus disc its mentioned it did quite well in America. Something about how it was written or filmed translating positively.
np fellow Thunderbird fan.

Also, I forget alot about this guy. What was he doing again? I remember mind control and light up eyes.

holy shit same here, looking back the effect of doing that is just so so charming, and the explosions and stuff like dust coming off wheels look more realistic than modern day versions.

Mate, they were peaceful and captain black attacked them. The mysterons literally did nothing wrong.

I had never heard of it until the 2000s.
I don't remember any reruns or anything, it just seemed like something from a long time ago that had little impact in the US.

It was a British program, though, not American
>Thunderbirds is a British science-fiction television series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson

Production of Thunderbirds ended in August 1966 with the completion of the sixth episode of Series Two.[14][65] In February that year, it had been reported that Grade had been unable to sell the series in the United States due to disagreements over timeslots.[66][67] In July, he cancelled Thunderbirds after failing in his second attempt to secure an American buyer.[59][65] The three major US networks of the time – NBC, CBS and ABC – had all bid for the series, with Grade repeatedly increasing the price. When NBC withdrew its offer, the other two immediately followed.[65][68]

It probably only aired in the US under syndication, on cable, and on weird timeslots.

Damn. Would of loved to of seen what else was planed for the show. Maybe T6 could of been a thing.

Would HAVE.

Sorry.

More like would IS

I like that people are totally avoiding mentioning that they remade it as a CGI cartoon like last year

I mentioned it, is it good?

It was gross, but it had scenes with little practical sets that looked really cool

Well, no one has mentioned the anime, either.

Nah. They made Brain into an Indian guy for no reason and all the characters look wrong. doesn't feel as grand because it's CGI so they only had the money to make a limited amount of sets.

Had some live action practical backgrounds though, that sometimes got blown up and looked nice

what?

oh....

I asked earlier but...was the movie good?

there's no movie user, leave it alone.

The movie was very VERY early 2000s
Like Busted made their soundtrack and it was about the characters teenage kids fighting to become thunderbirds like their parents or something.
It wasn't good iirc

Lets not forget that awesome thunderbirds intro.

Nothing got me more hyped after school than knowing thunderbirds was on after dinner.

Fucking loved the intro
youtu.be/__8f-HDai64?t=62

ah, ok.

10/10 intro, that countdown sends shivers down my spine every time. And those trumpets and drums, love it.

best for what? T2 sucks going underwater. T4 sucks going into space. T3 sucks going underground.

>that rocket blast of thunderbird 1
>GOAT music starts after disaster montage intro

god i wish i could watch this again as a kid

fucking chills man.

it was fucking awful. most of the characters spent most of the film stuck in space while the youngest ran around t 2x speed like they were in some Benny Hill sketch. it couldn't decide if it was a zany comedy or a serious drama, ended up being neither.

> want to rob a bank
> steal a world-famous giant aircraft do it

what was your favorite?

It gets played here daily at around 3:30 AM

It was fine, it captured the spirit of the original show way better than that shitty fuck-up of a movie.
And I loved the way they used tilt-shift on some scenes to make them look like the original puppets. On one episode they even had a close up of a human hand turning a knob, a great call back to how they staged the original.

>Didn't they rotate every month?
John and Alan rotated every month, but in the original series John was stuck there by himself cause Anderson didn't like the way the puppet had come out so he didn't want to use him. At least they changed that up in the new series

Well,well,well.

I think I found episodes 1-16 on YouTube.

youtube.com/channel/UCzTie67To2orBE1Se9_G6lA/videos

Don't know if any other site has more.

And with this, I slink away.

I feel for my first time as an OP on Sup Forums went quite well, talk of the show and nostalgia happened and thats all that counts. thanks for joining me on this flight guys.