What do kids listen to nowadays?

know a lot of us are young enough to remember when every 12-14 year old listen to My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Linkin Park, Fallout Boy and Dragonforce and general buttrock but are these artists still listened to by that demographic?

I know when I was 13, these guys, Wu Tang, Micheal Jaskson, Nirvana, Kanye, 50 Cent, Eminem, Yellowcard, Blink 182, Alice in Chains, Justice, Soundgarden, Daft Punk and Lady Gaga were my shit.

Old threads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCx4NFNuYgI
youtube.com/watch?v=DZH-BeRSISk
youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
youtube.com/watch?v=T6hldgLMNag
billboard.com/charts/hot-100
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The non-stacies Females in my high school like 21 pilots, Fall out boy and Panic at the disco.

Pop punk is still surprisingly popular

>high school
GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

Something like Oliver Heldens, Avici, Armin van Buuren.
Or stuff like Nothing but Thieves

For real?

Trance, trap and of course top 40

>are these artists still listened to by that demographic?
In my experience, yes. I used to work with teenagers, and all of them were listening to the same stuff that was popular when I was in high school (My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, most of the other stuff you listed, among others), and I was baffled by it. I used to give them shit about it all the time, too, because teenagers intentionally listening to shitty music from my childhood and asking me about what it was like being around when "good" music was popular is hilarious.

Mostly rap and radio garbage, avenged sevenfold is popular with the edgy kids

How long ago was this?

I've seen this exact thread like 3 times this week. What the fuck do you gain from this OP?

Rap and pretty much anything on the radio. And Lil Yachty for some reason. However most people wear a Nirvana shirt but all they can name you is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and that's about it. Frank Ocean and Chance The Rapper arent liked though, most people who like rap will be autistic and say "They're singers".

TL;DR this generation has shit taste and we're fucked if it stays that way.

Two years ago.

Pretty sure people like Lil Yatchy for the memes. Same with Lil B five years ago.

im actually shocked that fall out boy and panic at the disco are still popular among high schoolers

what fucking nigga listens to trance post 2004?

I hope you're right.

People from Leeds.

kids who can't rap and use autotune through the whole album
youtube.com/watch?v=rCx4NFNuYgI

Kids in my school listen to Famous Dex, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Kodak Black, Fabolous, XXXTENTACION, Drake (freshman I was friends with last year told me Views was better than Kanye's new music) , Migos, Lil Uzi, Frank Ocean, and Lil Yachty. Playboi Carti. Kendrick Lamar, everybody loves Kendrick. And they listen to older shit like Nas and Biggie.

Honestly, niggas seem to just get the Soundcloud app on their phone and listen to what's popular in the hip-hop category.
Every kid in my school sung video related for an entire year, I found the song accidentally.

youtube.com/watch?v=DZH-BeRSISk
t. High School Senior

Ed Sheeran and TayTay, any other answer is only half true.

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

>wowzer
I hate suburban white women so much, goddamn.

>XXXTENTACION
I can't believe people are actually giving him the time of day. Same with Kodak. Meme rap was a mistake.

Shitty rap and pop for normies

Soundcloud EDM for vidya losers

The cool Asian kids only listen to shitty nondescript indie rock/pop (think of the worst p4k -core from 2005 then x10)

The jazz band kids only like jazz and think everything else is worthless

My friends give me shit about my taste all the time but they just listen to generic pop and edm wtf

>wtf
This and the way you type makes you seem like you're 15 at best.

Also checked.

Nope, senior and I'm 18. Phoneposting so I'm typing as little as possible

>Phoneposting
There we have it, folks.

yes but it's a new iteration of "pop punk," if you want to know what it's like listen to 21 Pilots

"EDM," rap, or 21 Pilots/Melanie Martinez/Halsey/etc, depending on what subculture they fit into

>However most people wear a Nirvana shirt but all they can name you is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and that's about it.
That's a shame, its definitely one of the weakest songs on that album
not even their best album

Didn't Kurt hate that song?

I think so, I know they only played it a few times live
theres also this
youtube.com/watch?v=T6hldgLMNag

>My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Linkin Park, Fallout Boy and Dragonforce
>buttrock

buttrock refers to more than just the quality of the music

MCR is still a staple with the new Hot Topic crowd. Panic! came back to entice the kiddies, I'm not really sure if Fall out Boys new shit is really so what the semi snowflakes are looking for these days.

Source: Sister is a angsty tween.

They always seemed like cool dudes.
What's the EDM subculture in terms of 12-17 year olds?

Fallout boy had a resurgence I think. They weren't popular when I was in high school a few years back

Memerap and backpack rap. The arguments between them are fucking hilarious. Let me transcribe an argument that happened a few days ago:

>Backpacker: Kendrick, Logic, and J. Cole are the only rappers that make sense today.

>Memerap fan: And Drake.

>Backpacker: Drake sucks.

>Memerap fan: At least Drake makes sense unlike Kendrick. How can you have loyalty in your DNA?

>Backpacker: It's a fucking metaphor. Drake does that shit all the time.

>Memerap fan: No he doesn't.

>Backpacker: Yeah he does. Like what the fuck are "woes"?

>Memerap fan: Like, struggles or something. He's still the best.

>Backpacker: He doesn't even write his own lyrics.

>Memerap fan: Doesn't matter. Eazy-E didn't write his own lyrics.

>Backpacker: Yes he fucking did!

>Memerap fan: Ice Cube wrote Boyz-n-the-Hood.

>Backpacker: No he didn't. Your music sucks. You should really listen to J. Cole.

>Memerap fan: J. Cole sucks. He doesn't even have any albums out.

>Backpacker: He just released an album like a month ago! He went double platinum with no features!

The shit just went back and forth for like 20 minutes. It was the funniest shit I've ever seen.

I'm not really sure, actually. I just know (through younger brother/his friends) a lot of high schoolers say they like EDM

>ctrl + f metal

0 results, damn

There's always a le wrong generationer who listen to Death Magnetic - Metallica in middle school. That and Bohemian Rhapsody.
Isn't Drake pop rap as opposed to memerap?

Sorry that I'm not at a computer atm, I wanted to be outside for a little while

Also Iron Maiden. Don't forget Iron Maiden.

My little brother is 13 and he and his friends listen to David Bowie.

That's awesome

billboard.com/charts/hot-100
There you go. No need to create more threads.

Drake, XXXtentacion, The Weeknd, post Malone, Kendrick, Mac Demarco, Frank Ocean (in australia at least)