You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X92SKQuaLcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>8 Car Jackin'

Go back to bed, Carlsen

Why do you think I'm Carlsen?

a-am I invited here?

Where were you during the championship?

Australia is a non-country in chess. Your best player isn't even 2550.
I was busy.

>tfw intelligent enough to live in a city where I've seen all these players play live except the Russians

Yeah, i bet, carlsen

Do you live in St. Louis?

Karjakin has never played in the Sinquefield, whereas Kramnik was going to participate this year, but had to withdraw for health reasons.

Yeah, and been to all the Sinquefield cups.
Surreal having like Aronian show up late and have to tap my friend on the shoulder so he could get to the board

Nakamura's pretty much a national disappointment at this point. Maybe he'd do better on the professional checkers circuit.

Incidentally, Aronian and Nakamura are the only two players who have played in all the Sinquefield Cups. As we all know, Aronian won in 2015, scoring 100% against the American players, while Nakamura has yet to win the tournament.

Speaking about checkers, did you know that Ivanchuk skipped the Chess Olympiad in Baku to play a checkers tournament?

Naka always seems uncomfortable. That time that Caruana went off and won everything he was so relaxed. Naka looks like a guy who knows that he will always not be good enough when he plays

Nakamura is a brilliant player, but he's not quite as consistent and reliable as other players around his level. He's taken a beating in the LCC this far, losing against So and drawing against Giri in the first two rounds. Before the tournament, he was the only player who could theoretically catch up with So in the Grand Chess Tour overall standings, but it looks like So has that one in the bag now. Nakamura has white against Anand today, which should be his best chance on paper, as Nakamura has a fine head-to-head score against the oldest player in the field.

>Carlshit

Wei Yi is coming for him

Wei Yi is certainly promising, but it is difficult to say if he's the next Carlsen or the next Radjabov. The young Chinese is already 17 and a half years old, by which age Carlsen had already established himself in the top ten, with a rating of 2775. At the moment, there are well over a dozen players who are more credible challengers to Carlsen's throne, like all the players in the London Chess Classic. Wei Yi is not even the most threatening Chinese player, as that title should beyond all doubt go to Ding Liren.

>insulting Wei Yi
>almost lost to Putin's puppet

>tfw Aronian isn't the best anymore

Karjakin won both the 2015 World Cup and the 2016 Candidates Tournament, and is possibly the most resilient defender in the world. He was a worthy challenger.
Aronian was never #1, but has been #2 on several occasions. Sadly, he never seems to play at his best in the Candidates Tournament, whereas the 2015 Sinquefield Cup was vintage Aronian. Contrary to people who would rather see the Cuban #2 being dismantled by purely tactical means, I consider So - Aronian from that tournament to be the best game of 2015.

>Vachier
>So
>Karjakin

Mocking a man for his name is poor form.

Beginner here. If chess players had football manager like stats, what would they be?

>tfw too dumb to play chess.

You have the rating system. A beginner is around 1000, an average club player is around 1500, a strong club player is around 2000, a regular Grandmaster is around 2500 and the world elite is what you can see in the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=X92SKQuaLcE

When Carlsen lost to Giri back in 2011.

According to the narrator Carlsen blundered after Giri played 19...e4, but wasn't Giri already winning by then?

I was thinking more individual stats like offense, defense, tactical, positional etc.

Calculation ability, positional understanding, opening preparation, endgame skill, tactical vision, creativity and the ability to defend worse positions, just to name a few, if that's what you're thinking about.

It would be more beneficial to instead use measurable statistics like drawing percentage (a solid player will often have a higher drawing percentage than an aggressive one), whether or not a player tends to go for complex or simplified positions, or when a player usually gets his or her decisive advantage in the games he or she wins (opening/middlegame/endgame). Using myself as an example, most of my losses are rather short games, whereas most of my wins take at least 40 moves and normally go to endgames where I convert a material or positional advantage.

People here doesn't care much about So not representing Flipland.

Well, shit. I didn't expect Nakamura to actually win.