Tablature question

I can't find any guitar legend defining what the vertical lines between the notes are. Could any anons tell me what they are called or what technique this illustrates?

Are you retarded?

>13 electric guitars

This some fucking power metal solo? lol

i've never seen that before, but i'm assuming it's two guitar parts and the vertical line is separating what each guitar plays.

that's a really fucking stupid way to write it though

yeah its from dethklok

>13 electric guitars

sweet baby jesus

Don't think that's real musical notation

Thank you that makes a lot of sense. Does that symbol have a formal name?

You fucking witless moron, kill yourself.

probably not, ive seriously never seen stacked guitar parts written like that, they usually separate the guitar parts and write them on different tabs

lol yet you can't even explain it

thank you I appreciate it. You guys are helping me learn today.

Are you referring to these? They're called bar lines and they separate measures. It looks like the song is in 4/4 so that means that there are 4 quarter notes per measure. It's just a way of grouping notes together in an intuitive fashion.

this

op sorry but you've got some sort of retardation

Thank you for responding. Not the measures, but the actual notes. I have played a lot of solo songs, anons are saying they stack the separate guitars together.

I was confused because they looked like slide notations at first. I've never seen notes partitioned with vertical lines

I can see that my question seems vague: "lines between notes." I should have circled them to be more clear. Do you know that they call that formally?

Yeah I got nothing sorry, I don't read tab haha

Do the four note heads on the stem give any hints? I'm just trying to learn terminology, because I couldn't find what the lines are called.

>four note heads on the stem give any hints
Those are literally just chords dude. That's how chords are written in notation. I don't know where you got these tabs from but I've never seen that little line separating notes you're talking about I'm pretty sure it's just some bullshit that whoever wrote it made up.

cool I appreciate it. I got this music book from Alfred music publishing company. It just confused the hell out of me when no tab legends had that symbol.

I've never seen that used in any sort of tablature or notation. Maybe it's like other people have suggested and it's just the different guitar parts stacked on top of each other but that's possibly the most pants-on-head retarded way I can think of representing it.

Actually after just now taking a second look at it that's exactly what it is, hence why there are 4 notes in each chord, except each guitar is only playing two of them. Again just a really stupid way of writing out the separated parts that is simultaneously lazy and convoluted.

Yeah it sucks being a beginner, seeing that was so confusing. I have very limited resources at that. Your input has really helped me out a great deal

That makes a lot of sense. I was so confused when I got to this part. Stacking makes it clear now.

What the fuck. That literally makes no sense. I would recommend trying to get tabs from a different source because that is definitely not a good way to learn if you're just starting out.

Right? I thought I was doing right by buying a "song book." Little did I know the shit I was in for. I'll probably just go back to reading others tabs and using this as "reference."