Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?

What is your excuse?

Cuz I'm not an old man.

Fuck. Get w the times

Because I cannot afford it, but even if I could I would choose Omega, Hamilton or Orient at anytime.

Only try hards wear Rolex.

>this
own an omega seamaster, feels waaaaay more substantial in-hand. rolex's feel cheap, you've probably never held one

post a time stamp of your watch please.

Got a Panerai and an Omega, I don't like the look of rolex + there so much fake that even if you own a genuine rolex people believe it's a fake one.

because i am not a nigger

Because Rolex is just about how much money you've got on your wrist, ever notice how most of the people wearing them are total cocks?

Because patek Phillip is better you poor troll.

Is that Ms. Frizzles watch OP?

Because any idiot that wants to appear rich can buy a Rolex.
But only a few know what a Hublot Black is.

How many rolexes have you seen on people wrist in your life? Enough to make that generalization?

Cause TAGs are better pleb

can't beat my watch.

Plenty thanks, try moving in different circles

When I need the time I just look at my phone... so a watch it pretty pointless..

i'm not incorporated in this world

This is the gayest piece of gear I've ever seen.

Is*

ecco

I don't want a watch that looks like Candy Land

>cinimax

lold like a fucking retared, you fucked up and i'll say it right to your facw

> owning a wrist fedora at all
Now you fucked up.

get the from the bottom of your frosted flakes? nigger confirmed.

Because my Bulova automatic is perfectly adequate

>Omega

Bulova don't make an automatic in that caliber.

lol cinemark actually is what it says.

I got it for working at a movie theatre for five years. I'm a jewelery salesman now so I wear it for the lulz. it has a sapphire crystal tho.

>Why don't you own a Rolex Sup Forums?
>What is your excuse?

The ROLEX brand wristwatch is the most commonly faked watch in the world. So when people see you wearing a real one, they ALWAYS assume you're wearing a fake one.

The Rolex is also the brand worn by Hipsters. They buy old Rolex watches and fit them with a fabric strap. Since Hipsters are absolute morons, they usually get duped into buying fakes (because Hipsters are cheap assholes). So this means you are choosing to wear a watch that is the preferred brand worn by Hipster Assholes.

There's the value. The only reason why Rolex watches are so expensive is because they offer a Lifetime nearly unconditional warranty... which is something nobody else ever did. These days most watches can be repaired or fixed with replaceable parts. Functionally, a Rolex is no better than most $99 watches on the market.

The most likely people to buy Rolex watches are Dentists and Doctors... but these days they buy FAKE Rolexes and fit them with REAL arms and dials stripped from second hand watches. Making them a CHEAP Frankenstein watch.

Then there's the high cost. Rolex's made from gold will contain LESS than one and a half ounces of gold. This means that in base-metal value they ought to be worth $2K. Not $22K. They even sell Stainless Steel models at over $12K.

Finally, there's the fact that EVERY other watch maker emulates the Rolex style. This makes Rolex a BORING watch to look at.

The caliber of "nice looking watch with Swiss movement"?

because i own a patek philippe, poorfag

Because they cost a the GDP of a small third world country just for a "cheap" one. And they are not all that good looking.

Honestly, why would you spend a small fortune for a function your smartphone, dumbphone, and even your microwave can do as well?

Oh but you can't carry your microwave on your wrist. Nigga, I wear a pipboy. Get on my level.

Breitling master race reporting in, figoots.

Hamilton will be my next watch

Because I am educated

Nice ioffer fake

>Breitling
>master race
Pick one

care to repeat that in english?

This. The only Breitling's worth owning are the Navitimers, specifically the Cosmonaut.

>pic related

I'm not a pretentious queer who spends thousands in hopes that someone might notice and say something.

I have one that says Allstate. Never been worn.

While I won't argue many of your points as they're hilarious and mostly true, you are wrong on a few fronts.

>The only reason why Rolex watches are so expensive is because they offer a Lifetime nearly unconditional warranty

No. Current warranty on any Rolex is 5 years. They've recently extended that from 3 years. They were never lifetime. As they produce mechanical watches which require periodic service, they would be stupid to offer a lifetime warranty and lose money on those service costs.

There are many reason a Rolex is expensive, but they essentially boil down to build quality, performance, and largely the brand name itself. You're paying for a luxury good, and a luxury brand name.

>Rolex's made from gold will contain LESS than one and a half ounces of gold.

Only two-tone stainless and gold models. Solid gold models vary based on which specific model is in question, the bracelet design, and age of the watch (they've changed construction and design of cases and bracelets over the years- older models are not as solidly built as current models). Anyway, any given solid gold model will weigh between 100-200 grams depending on sizing (perhaps a bit less if put on a leather strap). As that's 18kt gold, you can ballpark 75-150 grams of pure gold, which is about 2.5-5 ounces of gold.

You're not just paying for the gold with a gold model, there's extra prestige that has a price. Again, you're paying for luxury here.

jewelry is for women

Tag Heuer has hired Leo to design their watches. They fit them with a Seiko movement. Two good reasons not to buy.

That only because you're a poor pretentious queer.

Cinemark? Literally what is this? Legit curious

because TAGs watches are better

google.com

you're welcome.

because my vostok is better

here you go my transitional Rolex 168000

Love my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Day-Date. Feels solid and with character.

>having a watch
Why wear a watch when there's a clock in your phone, aside from being a pretentious faggot?

Man knows

Anyone know of a good watch with a 24h GMT dial?

I got it for being an employee for 5+ years at a movie theatre. I wear it for the lulz. I sell jewelery so it's kind of like a slap in the face to the people buying real jewelery. people will complement it then feel embarrassed when I explain what it is lol.

I'm not dumb enough to fork over large chunks of my hard-earned money for shiny rocks. In the digital age, such a device serves no function, it's just manjewelry. You are a materialist, and you are going to try and push your materialism on me to justify your own waste of money as some kind of social requisite.

Also that watch is hideous, it looks like twelve year old girl took some glue and colored plastic beads to a department store women's watch. I'm sure you'll defend it as "rare gems" or however you choose to describe useless shiny rocks, but I wouldn't wear that thing if it was free.

a nigger stole mine.

Love the style but 2wide4me

I own a Tissot PR100, & a Vitara chain. PICRELEVENTIOWN. Why don't you post a real pic of your doing? OP sucks major dick for flexxing that bullshit.

It's a good business accessory and shows how much money you got.

because being flashy is tacky.

Nice one!

Snot punk.

I do.
Datejust II. Got it a week ago. Feels nice on the wrist and it's very accurate.

Bought it as a present to myself. Been working a lot these past few years and decided to spend on something nice.

You guys keep spending thousands on your shiny trinkets. I'll keep investing.

Do you even have a self to kill?

>shows how much money you got
Close.
It shows how much money you *don't* got because you spent it on a watch. Which is, of course, useful if you're trying to present yourself as someone with a lot of money to throw away. Assuming that the person you're trying to impress is actually impressed by frivolous spending on functionally worthless status symbols, anyway.

The oyster case is actually pretty ugly, and their accuracy is not as good as other Swiss timepieces, such as Omega. But Breguet is where my heart lies, not that I can afford an $150,000 watch.

i work at a grocery store

Pity it's fake really, the font is wrong and unless you've been dragging it along the floor no Rolex case would mark that badly in a week.

You dun goofed son

>user walks around with a 6-cylinder strapped to his wrist
Well...it will get you attention, that's for sure.

Bravo

So OP has scored some second hand Rolex and think's is the smartest dude of them all.

You can't post a Rolex on Sup Forums and claim it as yours. It **WILL** be called fake. And if you explain to them that it's real and you know where you bought it, they will scream fake even louder in even more obnoxiously. You won't win. I know, I made that mistake.

Yes believe it or not people with Rolexes do browse Sup Forums. it does happen.

I work at a grocery store

people with FAKE rolexes, maybe

fuck off bobandy go suck haneys dick

Yes all Rolexes posted on Sup Forums are fake. Lol. We get it.

LOL. Yeah I know, but that's why we love Sup Forums.

Gay

Then what's the point? A ten dollar digital from Walmart will keep the time

Could be a twenty dollar watch

You are SO jealous

My sub

Looks like a $35 watch from Target

Checked

Don't like Tag Heuer. Their designs look kind of cheap.

But I do like this one. Too bad it's values at around $3000. Looks more like a $500 watch. At $500 I would have gotten it.

But you'd drive a POS Benz right?

Forgot pic

lol time stamp it you fucking pleb, i bet you dont even have one lol

2005 ford Minivan. Can take a nap in it at lunch. 250k invested. I'll buy nice shit later.