All these faggots living in America making fun of MLS

>all these faggots living in America making fun of MLS

>all these yuroslurps calling MLS shit

Keep talking shit faggots. MLS is growing stronger every season and will eventually become a top league before you realize it and then you'll be forced to eat shit.

Fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexico/2014/05/28/4846345/liga-mx-is-television-ratings-king-in-united-states
liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-everton-football-club-9223414
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MLS sucks because the sport itself is shit.

Except it's not. Nonexistent TV revenue, unprofitable, expanding at the expense of talent dilution to create the illusion of popularity (new teams have high attendance in their first year), and the players are mediocre or worse.

t. Deyshawn LaMarcus Griffin III

>you will live to see Boreball and Niggercrash die

Feels good. I for one cant wait to invest in soccer so that we can cuck the rest of the world in the only sport they care about

So who does MLS end up kicking the shit out of?
FIFA?

You are still more likely to watch a good soccer game with two mediocre MLS clubs over two mediocre Serie A squads.

Those middling Euro leagues are so top heavy that unless you are following a top table club the talent is pretty weak.

If you add up the revenue of every MLS team, it's less than the revenue of the New York Yankees or Dallas Cowboys. If you add up the payrolls of every MLS team, it's less than the payroll of Real Madrid or Barcelona. MLS is irrelevant, unprofitable, and growing slowly, both relative to other American sports leagues and relative to the top foreign soccer leagues.

It's so irrelevant that attendance, tv viewings are going up and many investors and cities are looking to buy into mls franchises

>You are still more likely to watch a good soccer game with two mediocre MLS clubs over two mediocre Serie A squads.

Lol, no you aren't. If you took the two teams right in the middle of the Serie A table (Inter and Genoa) and stuck one in the Eastern Conference of MLS and one in the Western Conference, they would meet each other in the finals every season.

Mediocre Serie A players would be the best players in MLS by far. Just look at Giovinco.

>Those middling Euro leagues are so top heavy that unless you are following a top table club the talent is pretty weak.

It really isn't. The best MLS team would be lucky to avoid relegation in the PL, La Liga, the Bundesliga, or Serie A. And Serie A isn't a middling Euro league, it's the 4th-best out of like 30 leagues.

>If you add up the payrolls of every MLS team, it's less than the payroll of Real Madrid or Barcelona.

The value of an average MLS franchise is about equal to the value of Everton FC. (185 Million)

The Liga MX final in 2014 got 4 million viewers in the US. El Clasico got 2 million viewers. Man United vs Chelsea got 1 million viewers. The MLS Cup Final in the same season got just 500,000.

MLS is the 4th-most popular soccer league in a country where soccer is the 5th-most popular sport. It's not exactly in great shape.

goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexico/2014/05/28/4846345/liga-mx-is-television-ratings-king-in-united-states

>And Serie A isn't a middling Euro league, it's the 4th-best out of like 30 leagues.

The top table of Serie A is awesome but I don't know those games that aren't with top flight teams seem pretty lackluster.

The Italian league is pretty loafy if you aren't looking at the top table.

Talent level is probably better but the quality of games seems less.

Now a middle of the pack league like the Dutch or Portuguese league is probably more comparable to MLS in terms of pace of play and talent levels.

>The best MLS team would be lucky to avoid relegation in the PL, La Liga, the Bundesliga, or Serie A.

I would agree with this in all but Serie A.

Everton had a revenue of 165 million euros in 2015. With the new TV deal that just kicked in, that amount is set to double. All of MLS has a revenue of 500 million.

The main problem with the MLS is that because there are so many pro leagues they play during the summertime.

While that would be fine in a mild European climate it makes it horrible to watch as a fan and the play suffers during the summer months.

Watching Sporting KC in July is next to unbearable. Tickets that were $40-50 at the beginning of the season are just given away.

>Now a middle of the pack league like the Dutch or Portuguese league is probably more comparable to MLS in terms of pace of play and talent levels.

The Portuguese league is still much better than MLS. You might be right about the Dutch league though, it's really gone downhill lately.

The most expensive MLS team, Toronto, has a combined payroll of 20 million dollars. That's roughly equivalent to the payroll of Verona, the 16th-richest Serie A team. Now of course, the salary cap constrains teams like Toronto and LA, and teams like NYCFC could easily afford an insanely good team otherwise, but looking at the squads they have right now I think it's fair to say that Toronto would struggle to avoid relegation. Their two highest-paid players were mediocre in Serie A (one a benchwarmer for Juventus, the other a benchwarmer for Roma).

>Everton had a revenue of 165 million euros in 2015. With the new TV deal that just kicked in, that amount is set to double. All of MLS has a revenue of 500 million.

Maybe they got much more profitable then. This article has them at a value of about 200 mil using an old exchange rate.

liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-everton-football-club-9223414

Your MLS numbers are too low though. You aren't taking into account stadium revenue outside of the games.

The MLS was essentially a real estate scheme where the teams own the stadium and make money off of the stadium and just happen to play soccer there.

When you have 20-30 dates a year of big name concerts that you get to keep the income from Parking and concession that adds up for the teams.

Plus they have little or no obligation in keeping the stadiums in good repair- they just take.

>The Portuguese league is still much better than MLS. You might be right about the Dutch league though, it's really gone downhill lately.

But if you aren't Benefica or FC Porto how good is there talent top to bottom?

Who is Madara?

the NFL

>Houston games during the day in the middle of July

It's like MLS is actively trying to murder the fans. Thank god Chicago is terrible, can you imagine a playoff game in late November there?

Revenue and value are two completely different things. Real Madrid is worth $4 billion, but that doesn't mean Florentino Perez is rolling in $4 billion worth of cash every year.

>Your MLS numbers are too low though. You aren't taking into account stadium revenue outside of the games.

Every club in England owns it own stadium (except maybe West Ham). They collect the money from other events and concessions just like MLS teams do.

Considering that Sporting (which is on the same level as Benfica and Porto btw) produced more than half the players who just won the European Championship, I'd say pretty good. Even smaller Portuguese clubs are continually producing talent, it's just that those talented young players are immediately shipped off to one of the big three.

And those three teams are miles ahead of any MLS team. To put it in perspective, Porto's payroll is about 70 million euros per year, which is the same as Toronto, LA, and NYCFC combined.

>Every club in England owns it own stadium (except maybe West Ham). They collect the money from other events and concessions just like MLS teams do.

If that is the case then that would make them all richer than the MLS clubs.

I think valuing the clubs is a bit of a crap shoot since the stadium is worth so much and if you don't own it then you aren't in the top on paper.

Unlike 10-15 years ago in the MLS they are actually selling the tickets for full price (about $40-60). Once the teams strong armed the local cities into building the stadiums they upped the prices big time. I used to go to MLS KC Wizards (Old Sporting KC) games at Arrowhead for $7.

>If that is the case then that would make them all richer than the MLS clubs.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They're all richer than every MLS team, it's not even close. Over the next 3 years, the PL is getting $6 billion for tv rights in the UK alone. Divide that up evenly over the course of 3 years, and you're talking about about $100 million per team, per year, just for being on tv. So one English club is getting an amount equivalent to 20% of all of MLS' revenue solely from tv money.

And that's obviously not counting tickets, merchandise, prize money, or those ridiculous commercial deals (Adidas is paying Man United $90 million per year just to make their shirts).

>Unlike 10-15 years ago in the MLS they are actually selling the tickets for full price (about $40-60)

Not a concern for English clubs, because soccer is actually popular over there. Arsenal and Chelsea charge their fans $50-300 per game and those dumb bastards fill the stadium up every week regardless.

MLS also sucks because of the people that like MLS. i will never go to another MLS game. it's 2 or 3 hours being surrounded by a bunch of retards with inferiority complexes that run so deep they need to hooligan LARPing the entire game and dream up imaginary fan fiction for their team """history"""" and their """"rivalries""""

I agree with this the MLS is weird. It is like they can't just watch soccer they have to make believe they have some rich pub and town culture with their 20 year old club.

People don't do that with other minor league teams. If I go see an AHL hockey game there aren't people pretending to be ULTRAS.

The problem is MLS is actively pandering to hipsters. They need to either try to appeal to latinos or try to appeal to normal Americans, or else it's never going to get anywhere.

Euroboo Americans are literal semen slurpers

The Yuros probably don't even go to their own clubs games and gloryhunt a top team from the other side of their country.

Who gives a fuck about them

I do :(

>Seattle Sounders "wins" a championship in a 0-0 game
>Lecister city "wins" a championship sitting on the couch watching two other teams play

Wew lads this semen slurping sport isn't for me.

I think it all boils down to competition and pay really if the MLS sides can only play MLS teams then they may slowly get better by buying up better players I think that if they made a champions cup but with the Mexican and south American leauges the better mls teams would be able to play other good therefore gaining more experience and in a few years maybe someone might give a damn

It's because MLS is awful. The quality is beyond bad.

That final was a disgrace and you know it.

this. I can handle the league being shit, but the fans are the real problem. It is a bunch of feminists and numales.

>implying MLS is as based as Gai

the market still needs to grow, the sport doesn't have enough domestic follow yet
also get rid of the salary cap or it'll be impossible to hold on your own talents, they'll just fuck off to Europe as soon as they go pro

this is objectively incorrect

i'm from seattle and this season was the first MLS game i went to

i think it's pretty cool
but my team won so maybe it's just that

>first game I went to
>a final

Bandwagon

Any American league will never be a top league because they don't play in the UEFA Champions League.