Does Sup Forums listen to primarily male or female bands/singers/musicians/groups?

Does Sup Forums listen to primarily male or female bands/singers/musicians/groups?

i just realized the last 5 artists i listened to were St. Vincent, Lykke Li, Grimes, The Do, and Daft Punk. Definitely a female bias in my music selection.

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.fm/[last.fm_user_name]/gender
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you listen to female musicians like grimes you are just a virgin straight up

>what did he mean by this

i listen to 0 [ZERO] female musicians on a regular basis

wonder why that is

i'm having a riot grrrl phase

i like to jam out to power chords whilst I imagine I'm trapped on a submarine with a bunch of ansty young adult women that will beat me up at the slightest provocation.

in retrospective it's not really a male or female thing because all the males I listen to complain about the exact same stuff. it's like we're really all tuned into the same energy or some dumb spiritual shit like that. fuck spirituality. girls are disgusting.

You hate women and the music industry is sexist. There is actually no other explanation for your behavior.

re grimes specifically, yes it has elements that are very stereotypically girly and it appeals to a lot of people (i.e. girls) because of this, but,

there is also themes of terrifying bad trips (see: cover of visions), and death, it incorporates a lot of sci fi elements so it's not that feminine stereotypically.

grimes does drag stuff and is hyper aware of gender sex crises, and a lot of males on this tapestry blog also come across as feminine so I would not dismiss grimes punk credibility right away especially with risque lyrics about ketamine and taking a shit. part of being cool is representing yourself and trusting people to look past appearances.

she's not donita sparks but like the virgin thing is mostly about social isolation being an outsider and being weird, rather than being a girl. are her sci fi references enough to be worth something in the male status hierarchy arena? that's up to you to decide

Female vocals are a must for shoegaze and dreampop

>daft punk

what did he mean by this

discovery is kino

Grouper is the only female musician I listen to.

He just listed the last 5 he listened to and noticed that 4/5 are female fronted. Not that daft punk is a composed of female musicians.

There are more superior male musicians than female. Regardless, there are incredible female musicians like bjork, beth gibbons, julia holter, liz harris, karen dalton, joni mitchell and etc.

>There are more superior male musicians than female

No

>I don't listen to women artists regularly
>you must hate women
are you autistic?

In pop, men can't do anything right other than rap or make EDM.

>Daft Punk

you must be 18 years or older to use this site.

I listen to more female artists t b h. Probably at a 75-25 split now.

lists.fm/[last.fm_user_name]/gender

My Top 50 have been mostly dudes by far, but maybe someday it'll be even

You must be 18 or older to use this website.

>Daft Punk
Interestingly, aside from samples fragments, they've never featured a female singer on any of their songs.

Blow me. I don't pretend I listen to good music, I was just posting a link.

See this:

18+

lmaoing @ you for thinking that

I like female vocals more, but men are usually better at the music

My music taste heavily leans towards groups/artists with male singers. It's not something I'm super happy with and I've thought about trying to get into more female fronted bands to try and counter act it, but that seems like a lot of effort. I feel like gorging myself on female bands just to counteract the amount of male bands I listen to is kinda dumb.

I will listen to female artists that don't rely on singing in their undies or songs written by commitee.

Get in losers.
We're going to effay.

tits/moobs or gtfo

>pop
He asked for bands. Can you read?

are you female? if not, transitioning is the new fad

i love grimes too and listen to her music every day

I just gotta chime in here as well... PERSONALLY I cannot wrap my head around how fantastic she is, as a person, an imagine of beauty, and for her outstanding ear and vision.

I hate women. I never want to see or hear another woman again.

Unfortunately, as a result of being a person who just enjoys listening to and finding music I've never heard before on a regular basis, it's impossible for the bias to be towards women since there's so much less of them in music (at least in varied music)...that said, I've probably listened to more female artists than 80% of the board and there's always gems in pretty much every genre that are female

It's just a shame that so many modern women in music are just part of the Madonna sphere of influence and don't understand they can make real music and not just be a product

they make up most of my listening desu, like maybe 90% of all the music i listen to these days

Hell no. Appreciating feminine aesthetics is gay.