ITT: frontman is not the genius

Ill start.

I'm waiting for you to start, OP....

obvious

R.E.M.

Not a band characterized by genius but I think most of the credit there goes to Stephen Street honestly

Radiohead

Kendrick Lamar

The stooges. Iggy might have the personality and the swag that a front man needs. However, the true genius behind the stooges was ron asheton.

kek.

The Smiths

Beach Boys

Grimes

if it's not albarn, is it coxon?

please go on
I'm just actually curious on what you think. Im a really big fan of Iggy Pop

RHCP are actively ruined by their frontman

as much as i hate to admit it...

kind of obvious that jerry was the mastermind

that drummer's chin is fucking huge. he looks like robbie rotten or something

this guy knows

>frontman is not a genius thread
>posts bands where there are no fucking frontman

why do you do this

Miles Davis in a way. He was a genius, but some of the musicians he recruited and mentored were even better like Chick Corea.

True, buy Fripp may as well be the frontman, considering how many different lead vocalists KC has had over the years. The band is pretty much Robert Fripp and whoever he's playing with at the time. He's the only original member left. Although with that all said, Fripp doesn't even consider himself the leader of the band

John and Paul were alternate frontmen.

the drummer was the genius one. or at least he was when New Order came about. he took the band in the electronic route and worked tirelessly on Blue Monday

He's a normal bloke. Not born in a testube like today's talentless, watery fucks.

lol

Band went truly to shit when Bonehead and Guigsy left desu

Burzum

he is the frontman without a doubt. Even though he doesnt consider himself to be the frontman. Nice trips btw

Are you sure? Because the gallaghers were pretty much the only members anybody cared for

The Who

I agree, Alex and Graham are cool. The drummer is not noteworthy however

i'm stressed right now it's blur but it's Talking Heads.jpg

You know it's true

Fleetwood Mac is the textbook example of this

All Fleetwood and Mac did was getting carried by songwriters

they didn't really have a "frontman" until the 80s, and by that point you could argue that belew was just as important to the band as fripp