Can anybody rec me some noise rock that's totally uncompromising in the "noise" department...

Can anybody rec me some noise rock that's totally uncompromising in the "noise" department? I guess what I mean is "noise" in the industrial sense, and interpret that however you see fit I suppose. I'm interested in exploring noise rock in theory cause I've been into noise and industrial (and subgenres) for a long time but Sonic Youth and the like seem utterly uninteresting to me as they seem to make serious compromises in the noise department. So far I enjoy Big Black and related Albini projects (been in love with them for a few years now), Butthole Surfers, Brainbombs, Swans, Bodychoke, and Fushitsusha.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CBR2PrxX9AU
youtube.com/watch?v=CTM9dSlIepQ
youtu.be/Gc-8Q5sjayI?t=155
youtube.com/watch?v=uog1U_Kemlk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont know if this is what you're talking about, but Lightning Bolt are pretty great. They aren't really industrial but their music is based around noisy riffs that NEVER let up, so I guess in that sense they are "uncompromising."

Idk I'm also just sharing them because I fucking love them.

USA/MEXICO - Laredo streaming now on thequietus.com

I guess what I meant is that what I've listened to from Sonic Youth they seem to make significant compromises between noise and melody. I'm more interested in aggression, dissonance, and noise than I am in melody or accessibility. But I'll definitely listen to them, much appreciated.

try these
>Cherubs
>Unsane
>Dwarves
>Cows
>Oxbow
varying degrees of noise, but one's bound to suit you at least

the dead C

The Goslings maybe?

I enjoy noise but merzbow is a mystery I think its a prank

Nah goslings have some harmonious drone

Merzbow isn't particularly difficult imo, speaking strictly in terms of noise. Or "harsh noise" if you prefer. People will give you different interpretations on how it's meant to be digested or perceived but to me that's exactly what makes it fun, even if pure "noise music" is so post-modern in its philosophy that it basically becomes absolutely pointless, and non-pointless, and pointless again, ad infinitum. Which is why you can take it any way you want.

Anyway I really appreciate the recommendations and will definitely check out everything recommended thus far, thanks a lot everybody.

I didn't read the whole OP so I failed to mention this features the drummer of The Butthole Surfers

What? You must not be very into noise at all if you think Merzbow is a 'mystery'. Stuff like 1930 and Door Open at 8am are about as entry-level as noise can get. He has many great works as well as a lot of shit.

1930 is like pop in comparison to some of his other albums their full out assaults to tone theres nothing to latch onto just a haze of static

Definitely give yowie a try
If youre looking for something a bit less jarring and with vocals, daughters - hell songs is real good

youtube.com/watch?v=CBR2PrxX9AU

let me clear this up, are you asking for the "noisiest" noise rock there is? that's all that I can gather from the OP

what do you think of yowies new album?

the hospitals - hairdryer peace
ik this isnt exactly what you are looking for, but every melody in there is dirty and broken as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=CTM9dSlIepQ

Soul Discharge is a must, vocally. They just didn't give a fuck: hoots, hollering, screams, dog barks, laughs, whatever. There are maybe two other noise rock albums that are like this in the vocal department.

youtu.be/Gc-8Q5sjayI?t=155

I actually havent had a chance to listen to it yet, have you?

i think its great
sounds like a cross between king crimsons red and slints spiderland

try these

Arab on Radar - Soak the Saddle
Drunks With Guns - Alter Human Industrial Fetishisms
Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives
Sightings - Through the Panama
Won James Won - Corpus Unhearmeticum
Colossamite - Economy of Motion
The Dead C - Tusk
Ground-Zero - Consume Red
Mainliner - Mellow Out
Satanized - Technical Virginity
Ultralyd - Chromosome Gun
Harry Pussy - Harry Pussy
Juke/19 - Ninety-Seven Circles
Laddio Bolocko - Strange Warmings of Laddio Bolocko
Today Is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Billy Bao - Dialectics of Shit
The Blue Humans - Clear to Higher Time
Burmese - Men
Ex Models - Zoo Psychology
Uniform - Wake in Fright

highly rec this shit

confirmed for laddio bolocko its great
try divorce s/t

theres a good chart with this stuf in it

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=uog1U_Kemlk

gravitar
electric eels
to live and shave in la
homostupids
the homopolice

s/t ep by them fits the bill more

[2]

Royal Trux – Twin Infinitives
Chrome – Half Machine Lip Moves
The Velvet Underground – White Light / White Heat
Vampire Rodents – Lullaby Land
God – Possession
Lou Reed – Metal Machine Music
The Gerogerigegege – Instruments Disorder
H.N.A.S. – Im Schatten der Möhre

Borbetomagus
SYR series from Sonic Youth(I bet you haven't listened to those)
The Dead C
Royal Trux - Sweet Sixteen

you NEED Les Rallizes Denudes.

Listen to Confusion Is Sex if you haven't, that's probably their noisiest release

Hair Police
Skullflower
Vegas Martyrs
Khost
Dead C
Splintered
Cosmonauts Hail Satan
Air Conditioning

>Harry Pussy

THIS

I don't get noise rock

Can someone explain this to me?

Most of these are honestly not that much noise.

I tend to hate most noise rock, being that I'm fond of noise/industrial and most of it is really just people who can't play their instruments.

I don't know what crack you're smoking if Sonc Youth aren't noisy enough for you but Big Black is.

Anyway, I highly recommend every band that I've listened to in this thread and that makes up about 4/5 of what has been posted.

Also check out:
Guitar Wolf
Wolf Eyes
Black Eyes

It's mostly experimental hardcore with some elements of noise. You listen to it for the same reason you'd listen to any rock music.

>most of it is really just people who can't play their instruments.
Yes, because harsh noise and power electronics take so much talent dood.
Anyway, the majority of the bands posted ITT actually are pretty damn talented. You're thinking of garage band type shit which hasn't really been posted (even though personally I like that style too).