This is the shot that changed superhero movies forever

This is the shot that changed superhero movies forever.

It could have been the Justice League. WB had the rights of ALL characters since the 80s.

Instead, they kept pushing the same two characters: Bats and Supes.

While this film was released, we still had to wait MONTHS for Nolan to churn out his pile of shit that was TDKR.

Marvel had a 5 years headstart given Nolan's contract to make his own trilogy.

But DC had a 20 YEARS headstart on Marvel.

They could've done this back with Keaton's Batman.

Hell even before with Reeve's Superman.

Instead they waited. They milked their two cash cows to death.

They made crap upon crap of the same shit over and over again, allowing Marvel to rise and from formulaic superhero movies they made their own extended universe, and, with time, buy back the rights of most of the characters they sold off in the previous decades to other production companies, with FOX being the only one standing in its way.

DC and Warner Brothers have proven time and again that having all the tools for the job does not make you immune to complete and utter stupidity.

And look what they're doing now, trying to catch up with a rival that they allowed to grow because they underestimated it. They could have been the kings of the box office, they could have been the ones to make the largest and most profitable film franchise in history.

But they didn't.

And now, movie after movie they're falling apart.

I have only one word: P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

Never thought of it this way. WB and DC are so incompetent.

Avengers is a shitty movie though

True, WB shit the bed hard.

Also true.

Sure they didn't try, but who's to say it would work anyway. Many comic book movies over the decades were unsuccessful before the MCU.

There is reason of why Joss Whedon Avengers was sucessful. You DCucks don't understand why Whedon magnum opus is better received than Dawn of Plebstice.

The whole movie is a thrilling representation of the Also Sprach Zarathustra, hidden between the CGI and corny jokes. It's a call to humanity, trying to tell us why we need to leave religions, to unleash our hidden nature.

Just take your time to analyze the characters:
>Steve Rogers; A man out of time, attached fervently to his religion, trying to ignore the fact that he is the Ubermensch incarnated and that he has seen things beyond his belief.

>Tony Stark; An iron man with so much wealth and power capable of create the most powerful armors. He didn't need someone beyond him to do that, he accomplished all of this with his own bare hands and effort. He realized that humanity doesn't need to be guided by someone with more strenght.

>Bruce Banner; The representation of the power that we hide so the rest wouldn't judge us based on their dogmas.

>Nick Fury; A man physically (but not mentally) blinded, that will not follow our brainwashed leaders.

>Thor and Loki; Powerful gods, surprised when they realize that our race is not willing to believe in them anymore.

>Natasha and Clint; the symbol of humanity, surrounded by the Ubermensch.

The story, the soundtrack, the cinematography and symbolism is exquisite. You will never find something like that in DC Capeshit because they aim at the manchildren fanbase. This, on the other hand, doesn't aim at an specific group, it aims at everyone, not caring about the race, age or colour. Is a desperate call to humanity, so we can get up and unite, to not serve another being, but to be the masters, the avengers.

I appreciate Feige's work on the MCU, but at the of the day the MCU will be tought in business schools, not in film schools

Nobody ever claimed these movies were high art.

Competent blockbusters are just hard to come by these days.

how do people like this cartoonish look?

It will still be taught in film school as the most successful franchise in history. Like, Abatap is garbage but broke all record.

ye

James Cameron on suicide watch.

>watch a blockbuster from 90s or earlier
>still fun

>watch Marvel Blockbuster
>Tedious noise

Why did China have to ruin our fun?

I'm not a DCuck you mong, I liked some of the MCU movies and disliked others.

wow so deep!

school grade level of character development.

bravo whedon

>brags about jewish success like it's his own

Most blockbusters don't have any depth at all, so yes, it's welcome.

Because you grew up to be cynical.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Not really . Any pre-Chink blockbuster is superior.
watch an old blockbuster that you've never seen before...its just a better made film

Who the fuck are those two at the back left and that guy beside hulk

true kino, BvS is harry potter in comparison

I'm talking about in the context of the Marvel movies release dates, they are much better than everything else most of the time.

Put the 90s aside for a second.

The problem, and even Marvel has this to a certain degree, is that WB don't have their Nolan, Burton or Donner who are actually passionate about both film and these characters.

Amazing, how can DC even compete?

Wow I never thought about it that way before, I used to be a #DCuck but I am now a #MarvelMissile

shallow and forced Christian imagery

pure dzielo

>tfw Avengers dealt with the "people shouldn't treat superheroes like gods" theme way more efficiently with a simple joke instead of endless teenager philosophy wankery

This is why Marvel is successful, it doesn't treat the audience as inferior minds looking in awe at philosophical bullshit

Lotr - 6 movies? Wut?

The Hobbit.

The best thing about them is that they also know how ridiculous and absurd some of the stories they're adapting are. They don't take themselves seriously because that would only make the movie worse. Being self-aware is their best trait.

Except Age of Ultron, that's the only time they went overboard. But Weadon is fired anyway and the Russo's found a perfect balence in WS and CW.

Goddamn that Avengers group shot would still be perfect if it weren't for Captain America's awful costume. How did Whedon/Feig/Disney okay that?

Nope, that's like 6 or 7 further down.

Dumbass.

Or 11....

There's a vision behind the DCEU. It's just not very compelling.

Yeah. Everyone else have some sort of realistic costumes, but Cap's would be laughed at.

Winter Soldier's costume, on the other hand, was perfect.

Um ok. Why?

WB kept pushing those two because other ones constantly flopped. Don't you remember the Halle Berry Catwoman debacle? The freakin' Swamp Thing? Marvel had some failures too, sure (the 1989 CapAm for example), but they still had strong figures like Thor, the Hulk and of course Spidey who proved they can carry an entire film.

>MCU is in the list
>Iron Man is in the list

The extended edition I guess.

>90s

Try every single decade before Hollywood just started to make Chinese movies
Marvel films hardly even qualify as a movie

>capeshit
Well, you tried

Avengers looks horrible though, Joss Whedon is a rank amateur.

Single frames from Batman v Superman are more appealing than entire sequences of The Avengers. Just wait until Justice League

not like the edge lord capeshit movies right?

I said in the context of their release, but whatever just keep covering your ears and moving the goalpost.

>caring about which company makes the movies

Reminder that unless you're a shareholder in either corporation, there's literally no reason to push company wars over just wishing for good movies.

I don't care what it says on the tin as long as the product is good.

can u explain what this Marvel Chinese meme
i don't get it, i thought they only liked transformers

Well that's pointless bullshit then.

avengers was fucking dogshit though

of all the marvel capeshits, Winter Soldier was clearly the least shitty one

But do you watch films or screenshots?

omg i really just want good DC and Marvel movies i really dont care about all this capeshit fight but it's so fun seeing this DCucks cry over and over

y-y-y-ou just wait....j-j-justice league is g-g-onna b-be the best superhero movie.....STFU

lmao, mcucks are adorable

It's worse than that too, because they've gambled their entire cinematic universe on the premise that they can differentiate themselves from marvel with a dark and gritty alternative that people will still love... but they don't. It'll probably be until 2020 that they can even begin to salvage this.

Is film a visual medium?

The China meme is grossly exaggerated. Civil War has been the most successful in China so far and it grossed something like 15% of its total there. If you want a real straight-to-China film that would be Warcraft.

I'm guessing you're either in your late teens or early twenties and still believe that darker and more brooding content somehow makes it more intelligent and adult. It doesn't, stop kidding yourself and just enjoy Marvel's superior action movies.

Visual storytelling, not visual appreciation

Unless it's the objective of the film, which is clearly not when it comes to any blockbuster

People here are acting like DC films are flopping. BvS is like the 5th biggest film of 2016 and SS is beating X-Men and is doing good. They're still making money and will continue to.

DC fanboys are so easy to spot.

fuck off with your company wars.

Hulk's Avengers CGI vs BvS Doomsday is like comparing a PS4 to a PS2

wtf i love marvel now

This is why they could do it. The fucking action and special effects aren't fun or believable.

They just told Superman to stand still and w

Yeah, Hulk looks 1000 times better.

Holy Fedora wearing faggots are you gay. Your faggotry ha so engulfed you that you can't even see the epic Christian allegory of Man of Steel and Batman VS Superman, Marvel is nothing more than the comic book adapted to film. The Superman movies, however are an actual work of art.

BvS was a success, which is why they changed producers, enforced changes on SS, rewrote Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman with Geoff Johns in charge, forced Snyder to change stuff in JL and rewrites to Terrio's script, and took Snyder out of JL 2

Right?

You have no idea broobruh. I had been waiting MY WHOLE LIFE to see red hair lady and not Green Arrow in a major movie picture film. I came. I. Fucking. Came.

This movie marked the beginning of the end for Marlel

DC has yet to blow their load quite like this

>Every Marvel movie after Avengers made a lot more money than the ones before Avengers
>Beginning of the end

you sound like zack Snyder... The whole appeal of Captain America is that he is supposed to look cheesy and cliché cause he is a boy scout. His costume is supposed to be cute and funny. If he was decked out in some modern tech armor he would look retarded in that scene. Especially since there would be no explanation for who made his suit.

>Christian allegory
>he thinks this is original and epic

You deserve your shitty flicks.

Sure, Whedon

>Especially since there would be no explanation for who made his suit.
Okay, then who made the suit he's wearing? Doesn't look like standard issue military apparel. Did they buy it at Party City?

Wasn't this suit made by SHIELD? I'm sure they could have made something far better
His old one from WW2 was far superior

Of course they sold a ton, but they stopped setting up a quality universe after the first Avengers

I just don't care anymore. GotG was a good revival, but it's not enough.

IMO they should just scrap it and make more GotGs.

This flick marked the end of the age of the blockbuster. Now all we get is plastic garbage. Thanks Stan. Fucking thanks.

K I N O
I
N
O

Why is cap's mask made out of fruit rollups?

X-Men isn't part of the MCU.

The old one was far superior because it's inspired from real American fatigue and it fitted the film theme
The new one is more bright and there is a reason , now Cap'n is a symbol ,of freedom and loyalty in the true ideal of 'murica,

Just because it's more bright doesn't mean it should look like shit

But you're probably baiting so whatever

was he aiming on her boobs?

I wasn't baiting but whatever, I'll agree with you on the point that Cap. Look terrible but maybe he will change suit for the 3rd Avenger/Infinity wars

Disney's CGI is on another level.

I love TDKR, but every other point I agree with.