ITT Subtlety that went right over your head

You read the subject. Subtle plot points that caused you to do a double take hours, months, or even years later.

In season 3 of Arrow, when Malcom tells Oliver about the prophecy "Whosoever survives Ra's al Ghul's blade, becomes Ra's al Ghul." He is talking about himself, not Oliver. Also, he eventually clarifies this off-screen to him at some point, to convince Ollie to get him the finger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWJOJFob0bE
youtube.com/watch?v=wUYntyT885s
youtube.com/watch?v=N_95r0SwPS8
youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
youtube.com/watch?v=2pXKqGwF5Lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>movie is called Drive
>also refers to drive as a noun
>he lost his drive at the end
Got it on my third view

I fucking hate that motherfucker, people bitch about Felicity but holy shit this guy has fucked over everybody in the show with no remorse and his excuse is always MUH THEA

If S5 actually began with Oliver finally killing him it would get me back but that won't happen.

He should just appear much more sporadically, like once or twice per season.

Every time he shows up they always listen to him and trust whatever stupid bullshit plan he comes up with, and it's literally never been the truth. He has personally betrayed every single character on the show at least once and caused Tommy, Laurel and black guys brother's death but every time they all seem to just say "nah he's cool see ya later malcom"

At the beginning of Lost Highway, after the character hears his buzzer and the words "Dick Laurent is dead", you can hear a car driving off and police sirins following it.

Turns out these outside sounds are EXACTLY the same audio from the end scene:

>End scene is character going up to his own door, ringing buzzer and saying "Dick Laurent is dead" to his empty house before he sees cops following him, gets in his car and they chase him.

It made me realize that the opening of the film is the main character dreaming whilst the ending is what actually happened.

>The character says in a scene that he likes to remember things his own way hence the movie is filled with a lot of dream sequences throughout

David Lynch is a genius

youtube.com/watch?v=cWJOJFob0bE

youtube.com/watch?v=wUYntyT885s

>Reed Richards: We've come a long way since the garage.
>The Thing: Gotta say, it's fantastic.
>Reed Richards: Say that again...
>The Thing: It's fantastic.

Until now I realize "fantastic", plus 4 members, means "Fantastic Four"

The music in Star Wars Episode 7 which is playing during a Snoke scene is the exact same music which is playing during the Episode 3 Sheev monologue about Darth Plageuis

youtube.com/watch?v=N_95r0SwPS8

youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI

It was in the banana stand.

All of sherlock holmes 2

In Halt & Catch Fire, at the end of Season 2., Donna tells Gordon that these are her terms and tells him he is going to buy an old server for almost as much money as he made on the Giant for Mutiny. He reacts " What is this, extortion!?"

While I was watching it, I thought that was a little over the top. Why would he immediately jump the gun and think his wife was extorting him? But then I realized that we, the audience, have been following Donna the entire season and are privileged to how badly Mutiny needs this, and sympathize with her trying to fix the marriage by working together and moving California. We already know she sees it an investment in both business and marriage, because we've gotten to know her so well. BUT Gordon is out of the loop, so of course he's only reacting naturally to the notion of being told to blow his fortune.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

I wish they made a prequels/OT/newquels version

I feel sorry for anyone who watched that movie without reading the novel story it was based on first or seeing the Jeremy Brett episode (The Final Problem)

youtube.com/watch?v=2pXKqGwF5Lg

THIS is the best adaption of the story. Also Jeremy Brett is the best Holmes! I love the opening episode chase scene

Prepare to be blown away

In Penny Dreadful when the sharpshooter guy refuses to give blood for a transfusion and says "trust me,:" I thought he was talking about having STD's. He's talking about possibly having tuberculosis like his girlfriend.

Also, later on, when he tells the black butler guy, that he has a theory that Sir Malcolm saved his life and now he owes him, the black guy responds "Or maybe I saved his and now he's my responsibility." I went to sleep that night and only while laying in bed did I get the joke.

In the BvS Knightmare scene, Batman has a Joker card on his gun.

I had no idea that they were already planning a BvS when they made Man of Steel.

>I had no idea that they were already planning a BvS when they made Man of Steel.
There was a Wayne satellite in MoS, however they used the Nolan logo and not the Batfleck logo.

yeah that was so easy to miss if not paying attention

Also I am not kidding. I read an article 3 years ago where it said that Man of Steel would not be connected to BvS at all and would be set in another alternate storyline... weird I know

Why would it be surprising to have a lexcorp logo on somewhere? They are a huge company

In The Walking Dead, when Erin gives Daryll the brand new bike, Daryll is still deliberating on the plan to take Alexandria by force that was the cliffhanger for the previous episode (Rick announcing it).

We were supposed to remember that, because it's weighing on Daryll's conscience to take something from somebody, who let them into the city that they are now planning to usurp.

So in the next episode when Rick says "You feel differently about it?" and he snaps "Yeah, actually I do." It's all going back to the bike scene.