Far over, the misty mountains cold

Far over, the misty mountains cold....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T90Holdcrps
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what went so horribly wrong?

Seriously. The trailer gave me chills. But the movie sucked

Too much CGI, three movies instead of just one or two. Really I was so fucking hyped when the first trailer came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=T90Holdcrps

A lack of extensive preproduction with the actual director who did the original preproduction, studio interference, and a general lack of passion for the work on Jackson's part.

test

God damn it, I remember being so excited by that trailer.

Only thing I didn't like is that the dwarfs didn't look dwarf enough, and that they instantly gave up when the door wouldn't open lol

but otherwise awesome movies, what's you fucking faggots problem anyway

I think one problem was also that there were just too many dwarfs.
Most of them don't get a real characterisation so you don't really care about them. Also Thorin was kind of unlikeable in the first two movies. I haven't seen the third, but I found it hard to root for him or the other dwarfs.

Even tho i liked 'em everything you said is true

1. too many dwarfs
2. dwarfs were unrelatable and hard to sympathize with
3. terrible cgi battles
4. bloom
5. split across 3 movies
6. too close to the original (yes. the original is fucking horrible)

Damn it. These films could have been so good.

It was always going to be tonally different from LOTR but to fuck it up as badly as this? Jesus Christ Jackson.

How can anyone - including Peter Jackson - lack passion for The Hobbit while at the same time being passionate about Lord of the Rings? Granted they are stylistically very different - Hobbit is styled as a European fairytale while LOTR book is a novel mixed with a prose epic - but story wise, they are absolutely integral to one another.

Why did they turn Thorin into Aragorn 2.0?

Wish there had been an 80s Hobbit movie with Jim Henson creatures and makeup, and Ridley Scott direction.

They didn't. Aragorn was a dude. Thorin was a cunt

Jackson was brought on as a kind of rescue director who helped the movies not get stuck in devhell.

>'My dear Frodo. You asked me once if I had told you everything there was to know about my adventures. Well I can honestly say I have told you the truth. It was actually a CGI shitfest where I have memories of events I wasn't even present for and a weird fixation on a love triangle between two elves and a dwarf who made dick jokes. He was a good friend.'

Just one of many cringe-begetting scenes.

I liked them, maybe a fan recut can save them.

>1. too many dwarfs
>2. dwarfs were unrelatable and hard to sympathize with

As it was in the books. Didn't help that Tolkien chose to name them a bit poorly.

>6. too close to the original (yes. the original is fucking horrible)
What are you speaking about here?

The Hobbit (the book) is awful.

if someone offered you go back in time to appear beside and kill peter jackson before the hobbit got made, would you do it?

the catch is that you have to go back so far before he made lord of the rings and kill him.

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Doomed from the start.