CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN PC. Prove me wrong, faggots

CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN PC. Prove me wrong, faggots.
>Inb4 "The graphics are better and it runs at 60 FPS. Do I look like I want to spend 800 dollars on something I have to upgrade every 3 months?

> upgrade every 3 months
Kek the fuck kinda pc did you buy?

Tfw you haven't upgraded your comp in 3 years

Stop buying chinese shit if you have to upgrade every 3 months.

I have a gameboy

Nice b8 m8

Literally every day I hear my faggot friend complaining about how his PC is "obsolete". He buys shit for it every 3 months.

>inb4 things that prove I'm wrong
You forgot to mention Steam sales, backward comparability and higher res textures.

A good pc can be built for the same price. Keep in mind most of you console fan boys have dished out more in a year buying the new Xbox one and then buying the scorpio.

>Steam sales, res textures
How much money did you spend off of daddy's credit card, sweetie?

You can easily get away with running a gtx 670 which is a mid range graphics card from 2012. It is still more powerful than the ps4 and bone

Yes but why buy more stuff for a thing you've already spent the money on? Why not just buy the thing you want to play the games on, and the games? Why do graphics and textures matter that much?

i have had sli 660s since 2012, feels bad man

>I'm poor and can't understand that others aren't
And you wonder why we call you peasants.

Dubs.

China has been screwing us on trade deals for years. its got to stop.

>Why do graphics and textures matter that much?

For some people, they dont. Thats why Consoles exist.

>Calls people "Peasants" virtually because they can't do it in real life.
Not poor, I'm just not fucking retarted enough to drop that much money.

>I'm just not fucking retarted enough to drop that much money.

Except youll get nickel and dimed for online access, and then pay 5x the price for all of your games.
You dont really save any money, and in the end you play it on a shittier platform.

Worst part is, an entry gaming PC is only a couple hundred dollars more than a console is.

Dude, you're so wrong. I just now have a laptop that needs to finally upgrade the OS after nine years only because certain games I like to play stopped compatibility with my current one.

Whereas a console, they push you to upgrade systems annually, sometimes semi-annually, because that's their business.

Upgrading consoles isn't mandatory, there's plenty of old games from a multitude of consoles that still hold high replay value, but either company will push you to upgrade so they can make revenue.

>that much money
>not poor
Righo man. Seriously though it's not that muh more than a console and it's not a sinlge purpose thing.

Steam sales are available in every country
On consoles u gotta buy gift cards and shit fuck that

>why buy more stuff for a thing you've already spent the money on

Why buy new tires for your car, why buy a new roof for your house, why buy spices for your food, why buy literally anything for your console?

go to Sup Forums fgt

5 times the price?
>Pay 60 dollars for game for PS4
>Go on steam to buy Rome:Total War
>Before buying game, check home page
>60 dollars for exact same game I got at the store an hour ago.

>console vs PC

I have a console, I have never played on PC properly.
PC is better though.

lmao console

>Why buy tires for a car
Because the tires are fucking broken. I've played console for ages and never once have I bought anything for it and it's played perfect. Literally only had to buy a controller once. So why do you "have" to buy a new graphics card and shit for your PC?

>wut is performance upgrade?

U

>So why do you "have" to buy a new graphics card and shit for your PC?

So you dont have to stoop low and play your games with the poor performance of a console.
You dont have to upgrade your PC if you dont want to. You just have to deal with all of the performance and graphics settings you would on a console. Why would you subject yourself to that?

Not even worthy of a (You)

>not responding to poor bait when you are bored

Hmm why would I play a game with the same performance settings as a console? Beats me man, I guess I'll go spend my money on a GTX Titan for $1,099. Seems like a fair deal.

If it was be a picture of Cap before he got steroids that would be correct

back in 2005 this was debatable, but ps4 and xbone are so cucked these days it's hilarious

Kekd

I agree I like having friends to.

>witcher 3 out for 1 month
>Pay 25€
>pc master race

Steam aint the only platform we get the games on you pleb
Check instant gaming and you come back with cheaper games i fucking dare you

I should have been more clear. That only applies to low end gaming PCs and very outdated ones.

Regardless the graphics card equivalent of the PS4 was an HD7700
Literally had a $140 graphics card that came out in 2012.

I like playing console with friends on most games, most of the PC community is toxic and are assholes.

Rolling for how much of a nigger OP is.

>most of the PC community is toxic and are assholes.
>literally the xbox community

I see why people would want to play PC if they want to spend that much money on it, that's fine. But I don't, I just want to buy a console, buy games, and not worry about anything. So why exactly am I a "peasant" for spending money on different things than a non pre-built PC?

Maybe for the 12 year olds on Xbox. Try playing one game of Overwatch on PC.

I havn't played in awhile, maybe I'll fire it up right now.... maybe.

The point is "faggot".

only person who's talking down to you about owning a console is you right now bruh

I primarily game on my PS4, I've got a mid-range PC for the games I can't play on the quad - games which the control method isn't a gamepad and games that just aren't available on console

my last $800 pc lasted me for 4 years. i added another hdd for $100 about 2 years in.

Obvious bait but I'll reply anyway
>customizeability
>consumer friendly
>cheap games
>mods. Not low tier bethesda.net 2gb locked mods I mean real mods.
>won't ever have to upgrade so long as you don't give a shit about graphics and know how to optimize

What else do I have to say?

Sorry I just forget that not everyone who owns a PC is a neckbeard who thinks they're better than everyone. I guess I got a little niggered from sleep deprivation and dumbass StatTrak Fedora Users.

3GB update. DAMN YOU user.

>upgrade every three months
I literally have a bargain bin computer based on a socket 775 motherboard from ages ago with a 2010 gpu (HD 6850+C2D E8400) and the PC still plays games nicely

Oh shit it's a good update though man they added a player vs environment mode called Uprising and some damn good skins. I've been binging it for the past weeks.

Eh this post was more bait than it was reality. I'll still be a console guy for a while though.

Your friend is either an idiot who doesn't know his PC's units or has an addiction to upgrades. I have the ladder

Limits not units. I hate auto correct

Playing video games is all about the experience.
You can get an objectively better experience on the PC for a little more money. Money you eventually make back in the end. Then you can upgrade down the line instead of waiting 6-8 years for new hardware like a console.

Is there a point of diminishing returns?
Of course there is, the vast majority of people arent spending $1k on a graphics card.

There is nothing wrong with you being OK with a lesser experience.
Which is kind of weird thinking about it, because obviously gaming means enough to you that you would make this thread and whine about your other gamer friends choice to enjoy a better experience.

This. I have a 3570k and a 680. That's like 5 years on mid tier stuff and I run games damn well.

He's just an idiot most likely. This whole thread was more intended for bait than it was me actually trying to prove something.

Yeah I get it. Like I've said, this thread was more or less bait.

hell I'm a damn neckbeard (clean shaven tho) but it's all about knowing the right tool for the job. I've put about 500 dollars in the PC I got as a hand-me-down over about 8 years, most of that was a graphics upgrade I did 7 months ago when the new Nvidia cards came out. You only need to spend money on the pieces that give you what you want, which in your case is not a lot of money

If I were you right now, I'd take a look through Steam's website for games that you can't buy on console. If you start to amass a list, maybe think about putting away some cash for a PC

Fucking predicted it. I'm this guy

I played the Tomb Raider reboot on a Core2Quad with a GT220 on medium settings.
It was a good 6 years old at that point, and I paid 20$ new for the graphics card.

It was playing Alpha minecraft at good FPSs, back when Minecraft was extremely optimized and trashed low end rigs.

Ive started selling my old hardware off instead of letting it sit around, so I dont have any other ran great on old hardware stories.
Was still impressed with it

I've had the same pc for years,
can play any game except 1 on steam. Guess I need to upgrade now.

Ah yeah I might start putting some money away for a PC soon. Those Nvidia graphics cards work wonders is what I've heard anyway. It's nice actually talking to some guys that aren't complete assholes though. I've looked at steam for a while. I only usually play games off of steam like Rome Total War or other games like that.

NSA root kits are in EVERYONE'S hands now and it's a lot harder to brick a console than it is to brick a Windows computer. It does happen, but outside of an XBox 360, something would have to go critically wrong.

>Inb4 install Gentoo and get behind 7 proxies and c:/ echo off deltree system32 and testiculate the decalcifier to the boot drive
Nigga, I ain't trying to do all this complicated nerd shit that requires building, programming and/or hacking, I'm trying to play some fucking games.

mostly with me it's RTS-esque games that require a mouse. cool thing about those games is that they're more dependent on the processor rather than the graphics card, so it requires less cash to have 'em run smooth and pretty

>wanting to be an end-user in our modern world

Sad

OP here, check out this sweet ad I found

i think this is a bad argument and that you should be more specific about what game you are talking about. i like 1 game on both of them and both those games would be unplayable on the other device.

I haven't upgraded my computer in 4 years, and I can still run everything at high settings.

I have two PCs right now with fucking TBs of data, 509 gigs of games plus anime movies and everything else.
I own the xb1, the ps1, the first xbox, the 360, ps4.
My i7 kaby lake build running my 980ti right now blows the ps4 out of the fucking water.
I've played quite a few games that are recent on both the ps4 and the PC and the PC wins out every time. Dishonored 2 should only be played on the PC

>not having consoles and a mid tier pc

>CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN PC

that's true for one simple reason:

- dudes producing games for consoles know exactly the specs of the console

- thus they adjust (i.e. lower) the graphics quality up to get the usual fps, then ship the game and stay sure it will perform the same for years

- PC wasn't born as a gaming platform (PCs have been around since very early 1980's and never got the gaming shlicks like ''sprites'' and stuff)

- thus porting a game to PCs, or writing one for PCs, requires quite the high hardware specs to have the minimum viable fps rate.

CONSOLE: turn on, waste time playing, turn off.

PC: turn on, work, play, work, watch movies, work, listen to music, work, leave it on because IoT and database, work, gaming, work, play, work, don't shut off because services running, work, netfix and kill, work...

They are almost the same.
Graphics can suck my ass!
I just like the controls (Mouse and Keyboard) much better.

I play OW on the PC and the ps4. the PC community really is garbage and deserve to be yelled at when they suck dick and cost me 300 SR after I win all but two of my placement matches.
People can't figure out how to click fucking buttons and it's sad, maybe YOU need to get better

A decent PC can be had for the same price as a console.
Its multipurpose.
It has cheaper content.
It has more sales. Games can be had for less than $20 if you wait.
It has better graphics.
Mods.
Better controls.

Tell me about it man. I have both on PS4 and PC. One of the only games I play on PC. the community is so bad.

Nice XD whatcha maining then, if you carry so hard?

Oh shit, you too?

I don't understand how it's possible for the ps4 community to actually be more skilled at my rating than the PC. YOU HAVE A FUCKING MOUSE

...Aimassistant

yes the aim assist is there on the ps4, yes people are cheating and using a mouse and keyboard on the ps4. but are they really that garbage on the PC that they need it, because you don't need it if you know how to use a fucking mouse and have played a FPS before. I ruin people as zen on both systems, it is more fair on the PC I'll give it that

Nah I know people who play PS4 McCree with aim assist all the way off and they wreck house.

Ofc there are some elites on every platform but that shouldn't be the average. Personally I'm high platin on the Ps4 WITH aimassist... else I would be silver. But on the PC where I can freely aim, with my mouse, I'm diamond.

Just curious... how can you cheat on the Ps4. I though it was safe.
I tried using mouse and keyboard on the Ps4 but it didn't work out that well.