David Ayer finally comments on the Damaged tattoo, who killed Robin, and more

David Ayer finally comments on the Damaged tattoo, who killed Robin, and more.

>In a blink and you'll miss it moment from the beginning of Suicide Squad, the first clue to who killed Robin in the DC Extended Universe was revealed. In this article, spoilers for Suicide Squad such as that moment are fair game.

>During Harley Quinn's introductory sequence, "Accomplice to the murder of Robin" flashed across the screen. Now, the film's director has gone on record to reveal the true murderer of Robin and the subsequent moments which cost him his teeth.

>This is sort of my personal thing and maybe less about a larger connection," David Ayer prefaces. "But Joker killed Robin and Batman basically smashes his teeth out and locks him up in Arkham Asylum. It’s in the asylum where Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.' That’s where the grill comes from."

comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/10/suicide-squad-director-confirms-who-killed-robin-and-who-knocked/

HUNKA HUNKA

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/zpknbh.webm
i.imgur.com/PcBna.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jesus fuck

Shitty backstory eitherway

>You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face

really?, what a cuck faggot joker

they fucked up their fucking story
>that "joker" already has the tattoos when he met Harley
>says Harley was a complice in Jason Todd's murder

>'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.'

I fucking hate David Ayer

So the Joker is literally Angelface.

>Joker got his tattoos and grill after killing Robin
>Harley was an accomplice to Robin's murder
>Joker already had his grill and tattoos before meeting Harley

Sure thing, David.

Really? ??
Thats what hes going with? ?
Jesus fuck

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Ayer is a hack confirmed.

This universe is a mess. It's a mess, folks. We need to wipe it out so they can start over.

That is the stupidest backstory I ever heard.

Destory the DCEU already. Its a fucking mess

JUST FUCKING DESTOY MY UNIVERSE UP

>It’s in the asylum where Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying

Arkham Asylum doesn't have a great track history, but they wouldn't keep fucking tattoo guns in there or let fucking inmates do it to themselves or each other.

is like potery

how the fuck do you get such a fine tattoo in a secure asylam for the criminally insane?

even in an ordinary low security prison the tattoos do not get that narrow and are large and clunky and blotchy since they are using improvised equipment and dont have access to the automatic needles, its obviously something he got in a tattoo parlor, what a retcon hack

>implying he doesn't mean that robin was killed by joker like anakin was killed by vader

>Kills Robin

>Batman knocks out teeth

>Sends him to Arkham where he meets Harley

>Harley is accomplice to Robin's murder

Even the offscreen backstories are poorly edited in the DCEU kek.

Still happens in real max prisons anyway.

Different people probably. The Joker and Harley kill Robin would be from the DCU Bible (what they use to keep consistency between writers, you can do anything as long as it doesn't contradict the Bible) the tatoo would be from the design team, and the shitty comment was just from the hired hack director that he made up on the spot.

>tattoo guns
Triggering as fuck

>it's another David Ayer genius idea

He could have been sent more than once.

Except he had the grills from the revenge punch before he met Harley and converted her.

APOLOGIZE

Is it too late to disown SS as DCU, like say, "Oh shit, SS was a one off and in NO WAY RELATED TO DCU."

So basically they fucked up, like user said...

>cool scenes happen offscreen

Yeah I thought you'd say that. It was just a suggestion.
>APOLOGIZE
Soz pal

Its not like his comment about the tattoo is actually in the movie.

>has never heard of prison tattoos

hey kiddo

>forcing the audience to fill in the blanks with their imagination, creating images and narratives far more personal and affecting than a screenwriter or visual artist could possibly deliver

DCEU really makes you (patricians) think.

This looked sexual from the thumbnail.

everyone knew that when the first picture of the joker came out

Asylums and supermax prisons are not the same thing, come on now, don't be daft

yeah ...his acting is ridiculous and cringeworthy buy hey LOOK AT THOSE ABS!

>....How is the Joker alive?

>Like, seriously, how is the Joker alive?

>I get how the Joker is alive in the comics because Batman swears off killing, he won't kill ANY of his rogues no matter what they do

>I watched Batman in BvS shoot goons with guns, lasso an exploding car and drop it onto goons, launch people through windows, and straight up no inuendo murder people

>HOW THE FUCK IS THE JOKER ALIVE BVS BATMAN WOULD HAVE MURDERED THE FUCK OUT OF THE JOKER FOR KILLING ROBIN

DELET THIS

Maybe the police turned up. Hell maybe the police found him.

Discounting the directors bullshit comment, maybe the car scene was when Batman finally caught up to him and let him 'drown'.

Or maybe he only kills when they are actively trying to kill him, and if he incapacitates them first he just catches and maybe brands them.

>police turned up

You're saying this like the Batman in this universe hasn't exist for more than a decade and Joker probably has for nearly as long, considering how everyone knows him.

They would've clashed dozens, if not hundreds of times.

Not to mention Deadshot and Croc are also regular Batman villains, and both of them are literal serial killers as well. Neither of them are dead.

So many watches.

DC and WB just randomly letting directors creating their own shitty fan fic in their shared universe.

top kek

>its another shill thread

Can we get nudes of margot robbie?

>Harley is an accomplice in Jason's murder
>Batman punches Jokers teeth out because he killed Jason
>Joker already has the fake teeth the first time he meets Harley

Something doesn't add up

So when is david ayer making a mortal kombat movie with margot robbie as sonya blade wearing booty shorts?

Its simple.

This DCEU is fucking badly written nonsense where no fucker gives a shit about anything but catching up to marvel.

>Quinn, Harley

Isn't her name Harleen Frances Quinzel?

You've never seen Wolf of Wall Street I guess.
my.mixtape.moe/zpknbh.webm

Wait why would the sign not have her real name on instead of her Super villain name?

Nobody who watches this movie knows that

I'LL ROLL THE FUCKIN DICE

>Skips over what would have been a potential more interesting movie than BvS and Suicide Squad combined

DC doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.

Are you retarded

They could've literally just made a live action version of Assault on Arkham, and it would've been great.

They could've been fucking lazy and it would've been a better movie.

Jesus Christ.

Can we just have Flashpoint reboot this shitty DCEU already?

they turned joker into vega lmao

Gee, maybe because it's just a fucking comic book movie and the Joker is a popular villain, you fucking mongaloid

GIT ER DONE

AM I TO SOON AM I TO SOON????

this is what happens when you let goyim do capekino

Don't bother, the Joker being alive doesn't even make sense in the comics.

DC has a night-omnipotent guy who is literally the embodiment of Gods Wrath, whose entire existence is based around punishing sinners, yet he never goes after the Joker or any other high-profile villain

I did, and I wondered the same thing

Yep.

She is probably the ugliest """""white""""" woman in the world.

>Jeffrey Dean Morgan as a broken Thomas Wayne Batman
oh god im cumming

He just has no fucking idea.

Like 'he's letting us use our IMAGINATION' isn't even a joke-excuse. He literally just has no fucking clue how to explain it.
The fact that he has to explain it at all is evidence of the complete shitshow it is, since so many people have to ask 'Why?' and so many fanboys have to blubber out excuse after excuse every time more of why this movie is just below-average shows up.

Like fuck, do you not WANT DC to realise they're doing a bad job establishing a cinematic universe?

>Because plot and profit says so
Yeah, no fucking duh.

When she's not in her persona she's quite cute.

the creators have their facts and timelines more messed up than people like me who havent seen the movie

i'm sure people will love the relationship between these characters that havent been established for them - or even to the creators and actors themselves

this is a fucking mess. It's like starting the marvel universe from the 2nd act of civil war

rly makes u think

>Superman origin + vs Lex

>Batman Origin vs whatever

>Superman Vs. Zod (man of steel but not shit)

>Batman Vs Joker, Death Of Robin

>Batman Vs. Superman (but not shit)

>Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad - Intro Darkseid

>Justice League

How hard is it DC?

You would think they would treat "A Death in the Family" with a bit more respect and not just use it as a bit of trivia

I'm assuming the Harley being an accomplice to the Robin murder was added in a later cut. They probably wanted to get that name drop in there.

>It’s in the asylum where Joker would have done the ‘damaged’ tattoo as a message to Batman saying, 'You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face.' That’s where the grill comes from."

Tell me with a straight face that mindbroken Jason Todd being Joker after Batman killed the original isn't better than this. "oh fuck you killed my partner, well fuck your teeth."

Then it would just be a fake Joker and I'd expect them at some point to bring back the "real" one.

No, I'm not saying that. But they turned up in BvS as well and he fucked off. And even if he didn't they'd tell him to calm down.

Green text is Whittier, but Jason Todd being Joker again is also shit. Just deal with it.

No why would I be?

Jason as Red Hood > Jason as Joker

>"omg batman killed the joker"
>sits on clown chair
>now i am Yoda
what

Are you waiting for the "real" Lex too? I get it though, but I still like the idea of a Joker with Batman skills, that makes him even more lethal and unpredictable.

When was he the Joker before, I know he was the Red Hood but that ain't the same.

See: Batman Beyond

This

You mention Batman Beyond but don't remember when Todd was Joker?
Batman Beyond, Return of the Joker. Todd was literally brain raped to be first a Joker Junior and later a host body for the memory engrams of the original Joker.

That was Tim Drake in Batman Beyond.

No, because they didn't set up Lex as being the son of a buff bald dude, and he also had Mercy Graves and that shit and a hatred of Superman. It's not like Superman, in the past, had killed Jesse Eisenberg's Lex's dad, or something.

If you reveal that this Joker isn't the first Joker, 1) you're gonna have idiots thinking they mean Heath Ledger, and 2) you're gonna have most people thinking, oh, he's just a copycat. Lame.

Plus this Joker has Harley, which would cheapen the already cheapened relationship if she's not even obsessed with the original Joker, but Robin as the Joker.

>You’ve damaged me. I was so beautiful before and now you’ve destroyed my face

>Joker is still handsome af
Care to explain?

Shitters, so it was.
Still, same diff. A robin that gets brain raped to be a joker. Its been done. And even if that IS the plan of the DCEU with Joker, it isn't, but even if it was, they would just fuck it up like DC have so far fucked up everything else. Yes, including Batman.

Is it Flashpoint time yet?

>Plus this Joker has Harley, which would cheapen the already cheapened relationship if she's not even obsessed with the original Joker, but Robin as the Joker.

I suppose but if JasonJoker made Harley as a way to continue the whole cycle of how he was mindfucked AND making his own partner, just like "dear ol' Batdad".

But I guess it's moot now, time for DC to pull out of this dive with some good writers.

Whack don't Crack.

The Joker is the Joker but Harley Quinn is Jason Todd. Joker kidnapped, brainwashed and feminized him and that's why Batman can't kill Harley and also why Harley has such a masculine fridge shape.

The more you post this, the scarier it gets how much I am board with it

>and also why Harley has such a masculine fridge shape.

I wonder if you've defended BvS as "patrician" and above Marvel movies
Not making any assumptions. Just wondering

And this wasn't in the movie because why? Oh yeah we needed to fit Katana in for no reason.

I wish. I'd love to see a Flashpoint Batman with Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing Batdad.

i.imgur.com/PcBna.png

Hot

this is actually interesting

and creepy and touching because batman was forced to touch his mouth on that creep

It's an incredible idea for a batman villain. Crazy, creepy, can't fight him too much, is forced to call him "she" etc