Female Ghostbusters set to lose Sony $70 million

What kind of reboot do you want, fampai?

hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/has-sony-given-up-on-a-ghostbusters-sequel-or-has-entertainment-media/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just fuck my whole franchise up.

Apologize.

We did boys
we finally won

TRUMP2016

>first Brexit
>Hulkamania destroys Gawker
>now flopbusters

So far thus is a pretty good year.

Meme magic year

>"This [$170m] loss calculation is way off," says the Sony rep. "With multiple revenue streams, including consumer products, gaming, location-based entertainment, continued international rollout, and huge third-party promotional partnerships that mitigated costs, the bottom line, even before co-financing, is not remotely close to that number."

>"We're very proud of the bold movie Paul Feig made, which critics and audiences loved," a studio rep tells THR. "It has enlivened a 30-year-old brand and put it into the modern zeitgeist. As a result, we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe."

Manchildren BTFO, sequel confirmed.

That's what we call "damage control." They are trying to save face but they know that this movie seriously damaged the brand.

Meanwhile
>James uncucks self
>produces best AVGN vid in months if not years
>James and Mike doing better with each episode

Cinemassacre is one of my favorite channels again. I think the pressure if the movie was really getting to him, and now that he's fine with that he's gotten back in touch with what his channel was originally, and now it's arguably getting even better.

Wrong. Deal with it.

oh cooperate media, why must you emulate government sempai with this to this hilariously disingenuous shit?

None.

Or do a screen adaptation of the cartoon reboot, particularly the episode where the writers story comes alive.

>Rebooting a franchise to prove a political point
>Making the whole marketing around "if you don't come to see it you hate women"
>Get mad when despise creating such strife the movie under-performs

Whoever greelight this marketing plan should be fired, that's all i am saying, no wait... fair whoever thought making the movie was a good idea.

James should sue for libel.

>its way off
Okay 10 mil lost in profit or whatever. Still lost money. There is no way all that stuff together would even be broken even

This should be the end of Amy Pascal's career at Sony, that's for sure.

Warner Bros still claim that they lost money on all the Harry Potter movies, yet this piece of shit is ONLY gonna lose 70 mil?

I'm calling bullshit.

He'd have a case to make

The Mary Sue is a giant salt mine over this

themarysue.com/has-sony-given-up-on-a-ghostbusters-sequel-or-has-entertainment-media/

>T-they didn't say they won't do another
>I can't believe a woman wrote the HR article
>S-s-stop blaming Pascal
>Original Ghostbusters was sexist
>They should do another one despite losses because muh feminism
>Sexist companies only care about money

>we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe

They're not even trying to hide it now.

Worst:
>Bowie,Lemmy,Rickman died
>Romanetty main evented Mania 32

>please do our $5 sub

>$70m alone from production
>no mention of the $100m+ advertising

hope they sell a bunch of ps4s to make up for this

To think, they expected this movie to kickstart a multi-decade franchise. Feels good, just hope it doesn't effect my ps4 exclusives

Better get ready to buy Uncharted 5 with ghostbusters dlc

Nah dude, pretty sure the ad expenses were included. It's surpassed production, as is what's keeping it in the red

>As=ad

Lemmy technically died in 2015 so replace him with Prince.

And I think the roster split so far makes up for the 2nd point. Things are looking bretty good.

...and yet, it somehow won't be. That illiterate daft cunt must have a folder of compromising pictures of the head of Sony Japan or something.

they'd need $300m just to cover production alone with without rebates, box office stub is 50% for the first two weeks, less overseas because overseas local distributor that sony outsources releases to need a cut of the stub as well

Doesn't matter. Sony electronics is an entirely different company than Sony Entertainment. It's an incredibly diverse company.

None of these are negatives. Except Lemmy. Rest his rockin ass soul.

She has pictures of that Metal Gear gook blowing four year olds.

So that 250 million number Feig threw out was still a number in the red? If so, that dude knew he made a mess

>that perspective on the cup
>that burn/dodge "shading"
>that wrist
>somebody was so proud of this that they signed it

>gaming
they make games and people pay for them?

Can someone tell me if Pringles, Papa Johns, etc sponsorships are worked into this number?

Which gook is she fucking?

>bold movie

So making a run of the mill meh reboot is bold now cause you put some vajayjays in it?

he said $500m, which would have been the minimum

$300m to cover the production, $200m to cover the advertising that was basically to kick start the universe (disney spent $500m alone advertising tfa and rebooting starwars)

They were with the rebates, the production was originally in the $170mish range before they cut the budget to $155m, which the rebates and tie ins pushed production down to $144m

I'm still not satisfied. I'm still boycotting Sony, Feig, McCartney and the she ape until they die.

I still like my PlayStation but Sony should probably get out of movies if something big didn't change. They should focus on TVs and video games. Sony were the gods of gadgets just 10 years ago, and now the PlayStation is their only gadget that's making a profit.

There was a tie in game and the company responsible for making it literally went bankrupt within days of release.

which AVGN?

Wow $70 million to a billion dollar company that's nothing

He's probably talking about Paper Boy. It was a really good episode.

>BMJ vs AJ feud
>Seth pins Roman clean, Dean immediately cashes in
>Roman pisses hot, off TV for a month
>John working with Enzo and Cass
>Dean pins Seth, then Roman
>Bayley gets a temp call up
>Zayn finally goes over Owens
>Face Randy and "no enhancement needed"
>Brand split's been pretty good so far, Smackdown's dire-ass midcard, women's and tag division being the biggest issue.

Summerslam's card looks unbelievably stacked right now. We're finally out from under the shadow of the shitty fucking Mania earlier this year and things look pretty good.

It matters to investors when planning their next project.

keep buying all those ps4 Sonyggers you'll fund more movies like these lmao

Why was Patton Oswalt being such a piece of shit about James's opinion? Is he connected to the movie some how?

Thank God James never responded and just let the movie speak for itself

Oswalt is an asshole who jumped on the fake geek bandwagon. It burns him up that a youtube E-celeb not only has better taste than him, but is also the bigger man by not responding to all the bullying and threats that Oswalt and his friends were spewing.

Also, James still has a wife and Oswalt doesn't. Good luck finding another one you miserable fat piece of muckspreading ass fuck.

it's like they tried to draw hank hill and failed. his palm seriously looks like an ass.

>not liking Bowie

WHO LET THE PLEBS OUT
WHO
WHO
WHO
WHO

Why is Rolfe "your guy"? All he said was that he didn't want to see a crappy reboot, he's not on board with Sup Forums.

Apology when?

>Gaming

ahahahahahahahahahha.

>16 players at peak
>Company literally bankrupt

>Consumer products
>Toys on clearance before film even hit theaters

>Location based entertainment
>"I'm just making shit up now"

>Huge third-party promotional partnerships

Fucking Sony.

Hopefully this will teach third parties to avoid them in the future.

(no, it won't.)

>"It has enlivened a 30-year-old brand and put it into the modern zeitgeist. As a result, we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe."

That sounds like a threat.

>Critics and audiences loved
>audiences
>audiences
>audiences

kek. The cinemascore and box office would say otherwise.

that's if they reach 225 million. They're at 180 now. I don't think they'll even get to 200 million. So we're looking at 100+ million loss.

>rolfe
thats clearly hank hill in that drawing

>Manchildren BTFO, sequel confirmed.

The sequel is a 2019 animated film, and a 2018 animated tv series.

Fembusters is DEAD.

Who said anything about Sup Forums? I like Rolfe's shows, and I don't want to see him bullied out of his opinion. What he said was perfectly harmless and in today's overly politically correct world, the crazed social justice warriors saw it as an attack on their ideology and they went absolutely rabid on him. There is no justification at all for the things that were said against James Rolfe in response to his video, by people who call themselves "industry professionals."

Why bring up Sup Forums you fucking freak?

>Sup Forums strawmanning

You're on the wrong website faggot.

Amy Pascal left Sony ages ago. She took the fall for the email leaks.

Actually it's already up to almost $300 million world wide and we're only halfway through the week.

As said before, it will in all likeliness be profitable after its second weekend, and if a movie pulls a profit after 2 weeks it's a success. Ghostbusters is about a month in and it's still not profitable, which is a failure.

she resigned like a year ago already dimwit

I thought that they just demoted her and gave her a different job? Why do people keep saying she's involved with the new Spider-Man?

She got demoted. She's still there. She's overseeing women's flicks, like Ghostbusters.

They replaced her in her former position with Tom "Deadpool Is A Terrible Idea For A Movie" Rothman.

Sony is definitely committed to losing as much money as humanly possible.

>Patton Oswalts' dead wife.

Oh man that's fucking brutal.

But hilarious.

She should have made a cameo along with Harold Ramis in the movie.

Then it would have been kino.

This. I didn't care about them gender swapping the leads, but the film doesn't stand on its own story-wise and the best jokes are from the men in the cast. GJ, dipshits.

>gaming
that failed abortion of a game probably lost money itself

Gonna be hilarious when it's leaked that Hemsworth made double what 2 of the 4 Ghosbusters made to film that piece of crap. I'll let you guess which ones.

the nignog and the dyke.

Why the did Sony resort to accusations of sexism against the detractors who were not interested in watching this film? I am honestly surprised feminists and beta males went on the bandwagon for this picture, despite knowing full well of the consequences. They just set their own movement back decades by demonstrating to the world that an all-female casts are not able to produce a quality film. When people think of them now, they see these feminists and beta males as liars, shills, or complete hacks with no taste in films. Congratulations, you put your principles over your impartial ability to judge a film by its own merits. Now, audiences will think less of you for refusing to accept the truth: that this movie was mediocre, not at all close to the original.

>ghostbusters spent 400 million dollars on the new movie franchise
>game launches, bankrupts company after three days
>after a series of flops, this one does it for Sony pictures, they can't hide the fact that they backed the wrong horse so many times
>Sony pictures is bankrupt
>investors are spooked
>Sony shares plummet
>Sony electronics and gaming are brought down since they are underperforming as well
>Sony dies, causing the billions of sub-prime debt the company is in to hit the market
>this is enough to spurr enough market pessimism that Deutsche Bank collapses, collapsing under the saddle of debt that only kept afloat because the market was not paying attention to it.
>euro bank Ponzi scheme collapses, taking American finance with it
>New Great Depression
>Ukraine collapses entirely since bad loans from DB are the only thing allowing them to exist, allowing for the Russians to invade
>President Clinton, who only got elected because shit had not yet hit the fan economically in November, is now in full panic mode, and to spur jobs launches WW3
>Red states say fuck that shit and start new civil war
>Widespread warfare in Europe over American and EU power vacuum,
>nuclear exchange.

Ghostbusters 2016 directly lead to the full scale collapse of human civilization

Sony are a bunch of incompetent crooks that felt if they could make their shitty movie a social movement no one would notice how bad it was

now turn that into a movie

This. The movie was shitty, but Sony had to put their shitty politics into it. I can't even talk about the film in college or the workplace, because there are people who bought into the garbage that Ghost Busters (2016) is female empowerment, instead of just a shitty cash grab. It's fucking Gone Home all over again.

Death was the only escape.

Hemsworth probably got paid the same as the female leads combined.

I could forgive it being just another shitty remake, but Sony decided to play with fire and politicize it as a marketing stunt. That shit is where they crossed the line.

she is in the movie

>Needlessly bullies an e-celeb for not seeing a shitty movie.
>Gets his dead wife made fun of.

And that's why bullying is bad kids.

if rosie was actually a ghost in the movie or something with personality the movie would have been better sad as that sounds compared to the wooden delivery of the entire cast in this.

Didn't one of the feminists asskissers bash James' marriage just because he said he wouldn't see the movie?

This.

Also Sony just posted a 100 million quarterly loss didn't they?

And this was supposed to be their only big summer blockbuster?

I'll be laughing when their shitty cgi adult comedy makes more money and it also stars Kristen Wiig.

Oh god I forgot Snape died.

Holy shit I had no idea it got this bad

The only thing I paid attention to were the dislikes on James's video, which there weren't a lot of

I still don't understand why there were so many people, especially some being famous, mad at James for refusing to watch the "new" Ghostbusers. He isn't even a professional film critic, he doesn't have to watch it if he doesn't want to, because he's under no contract.

I wager most of them didn't even know James is mostly seen as a video game critic, not a film reviewer. It's even stranger still that RLM, and other film critics, were far more harsh, yet James was the one that was targeted despite being the most civilized about his opinions.

That's how you know it was specifically because he wasn't going to spend money on a ticket, and his actions would inspire people to do the same

>exploit the universe

JUST

>we have many ideas in the works to further exploit the Ghostbusters universe
has sony even made any movies that aren't shit?

I loved his Monster Madness videos.

It was already posted further up.

He was the first to say "the emperor has no clothes" and they bit his head off for it. By the time RLM reviewed it everyone could see for themselves that the movie was shit. The word of mouth for it was terrible and the only people that I knew in person who actually liked it were massive SJWs. Now it's a matter of damage control-- they know the movie is a flop but they are saying things like "but muh Tomatometer" and "but muh Blu-Ray and toy sales!"

None of that shit is going to save this movie from itself. It lost Sony money and now they're going to have to write it off. The Robocop remake was actually better than I expected but development on a sequel has languished, and it made more money than Queefbusters on a $100 million budget as opposed to the latter's $144 ("after tax breaks"). Amazing Spider-Man 2 actually grossed quite a bit of money but Sony ended up rebooting because they blew so much on marketing and audiences hated it.

Harry Potter was a giant commercial and critical success franchise. WB didn't bother to look at how much Deathly Hallows Part 2 made?