Post /fantasykino/

post /fantasykino/

Why was it always a cheap genre? And why it hasn't been good since Conan?

Excalibur
Dragonslayer

actual kino

>there hasn't been a good fantasy movie since Conan

krull (1983). if you havent seen this masterpeice yet, i urge you to do so.

LotR sucks desu

Not bait, I think they're boring movies. The action would be good but there are no stakes since our heroes are invincible infallible death machines. Hobbits are gay as fuck and Elijah Wood can only make stupid faces for 12 hours. CGI didn't age well and the end of return is like an absurd dream sequence out of nowhere. They lack cohesion and meaning, and are just as shallow as capeshit

Beastmaster was great.

Ladyhawk was great.

Red Sonja was fine.

Hawk the Slayer was campy as fuck all with Jack Palance and the guy who played Jack's dad from LOST.

>our heroes are invincible infallible death machines.
Two of the main characters die in the first movie user.

but boromir was selfish and not infallible and gandalf didn't really die, what he did was essential for the rest of the deus ex plot

>stopped in to post this
MUH NIGGA

whoa Michael berryman's in that?

>Ladyhawk

Rutger should've made more fantasy.
This magnificent bastard.

>inspiration for Guts

the ost is especially good in this movie

Everything besides Conan the Barbarian, Willow and Excalibur is shit, Dragonslayer and Krull are shit, the only thing these lesser fantasy movies had going for them was their potential and that their target audience had the imagination for it, this is why LOTR was such a HUGE success, because we the fantasty audience were starving for something good

suddenly, an autistic child appears

just turn away from the mirror edgelord

WarCraft killed fantasy. The best we can hope for now is some dark fantasy about a gritty doggy dog world with little to no magic but lots of incest and rape, in the vein of Martin. But even that would probably not happen, because Hack&Hack have run GoT to the ground, and the hype for it is dying. Jump ship to sci-fi, fuccbois.

Best 80's fantasy:
Conan the Barbarian
Legend - Director's Cut
Krull
Excalibur
Beastmaster
The Sword and the Sorcerer

Almost everything else is garbage

missed the best one

Not fantasy, it's historical fiction

Man, Dark Crystal made me want to fuck a puppet. Not even joking.

Fire and Ice

watched it as a child. when they started screaming i died laughing