Question for Sup Forumstants born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z)

Question for Sup Forumstants born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

Do you associate your childhood more closely with the Millennial experience of having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?

Or the Gen Z experience of having crushes on Justin bieber, Harry styles, and "qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual, and liking girls makes you a chauvinist pig?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/2006/jan/30/local/me-drugs30
youtube.com/watch?v=RNvDOQoYMOk
youtube.com/watch?v=mtg0Pf39B1k
digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1608&context=theses
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138231/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neither. When I was young I've been into 50 Cent and Eminem, so bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks for 10 yr old me bruh.

i nrbrt gave a shit about pop culture sex icons....

96 here, Shakira was/is a babe but that's it

Avril Lavigne ain't bad looking but her music is a huge turn-off, and i hated music as a kid cuz i thought music was all shitty pop crap

i was born in 97 btw

shit taste fag

I was born in 1991 and i exclusively fapped to wwe divas, and pop music is garbage

thanks man i'll keep that in mind

Are people this insecure that they have to ask strangers on the internet to confirm their stereotypes about people younger than them?

I am born in 1989 and stopped listening to new music in 2004. Am I missing out on anything?

this. born half a decade later and did the same

You're 26 and you're still categorizing a whole genre as "garbage"? Time to grow up pal

it is garbage, just a product meant to steal wealth from idiots with money, its not art, its entertainment

97, I've never had a crush on a musician.

97 here, tho grill, srry
iirc nobody gave half a shit about avril or britney but on god if i wasnt gay for xj9
also I don't think anyone born before 2000 liked bieber or 1D, but they probably liked the Jonas Brothers when they were relevant
from what I've observed anyone born between 1995-97 doesn't give a shit about Gen Z idols, though most think it's hip to be gay, trans, etc
>tfw out of the 4 male friends I had in HS, 3 are girls now

Did you grow up next to a plastics factory or something?

Jesus those choices. You were born in 2002 weren't you?

1994 had a crush on Amy Lee until I kissed a girl for the first time then I thought she was ugly

does california count

Fake. Gen Z is the most conservative generation alive since the greatest generation.

What general area?

actual fav

How's it feel to not have experience 9/11 in real time then get home and be pissed pokemon was interrupted for live coverage young faggots?

LA, so
not as cucked as SF but still

Probably Gen Z. I think the real thing that seperates 1995 - 97 is we weren't really apart of the 90s growing up experience, so we don't really get the millennial end of things. We were definitely apart of the 2000s. Hell, by the time it was 2004 I was already incredibly involved with the internet, and didn't do a lot of the outdoors things most youth did outside of this generation. To be honest, I feel like 95 is probably where Gen Z begins.

Still had plenty of crushes on girls, but I was absolutely a Justin Bieber stan since day 1. I loved Sean Kingston, etc. I identify heavily with 2010s music, especially Odd Future, and now I currently really listen to soundcloud rap often and love it.

California is litttrly ground zero for emasculated liberal beta nu males.
As a texan i bet i could walk into there and bang every single woman because they forgot what a hetero masculine man is like

there are no women here worth fucking, only thots

I was born in '90 but went back to college, so now I'm in classes with people born in '96-'98 LOL

People are people, but I feel there are subtle distinctions in terms what is considered cool or mainstream.

>articles.latimes.com/2006/jan/30/local/me-drugs30
I believe this your area

well
fuck...

Is that your area? Also can I ask you a few other questions about your friend group that might be related? Just personally curious of other possibly related things.

born in 95

pic related

but I identify more with the new millennium cause I barely remember the '90s

kill youreself

no I didn't love those normie bitches

this

I wasn't born in US so I'm fine, faggot.

'97 born. I agree with this.

it was broadcast all day outside of america too. at least in ireland it was

can people stop saying stan, its cringy as fuck, you sound like a nigger, and fan is shorter.
God i hate young people

Go to bed, grandpa

im 25.

Stan is longer, and doenst roll off the tongue well.

Also i hate rap

yeah, also sorry, was away, if you're still lurking what's up?

>of your friend group, including yourself, do any of you have diagnosed autism or do you suspect any of them have autism?
>i'm assuming you consider yourself a lesbian, do you believe your mother ever took oral birth control before your conception?
>do you believe any of you male friends who are now mtf's mother's took oral birth control before their conception?
>is the fourth person who isn't a mtf straight? have any of the mother's had breast cancer or thyroid issues?
>how old were the mother's approximately when they had their kids?
>did any of the mother's have trouble conceiving or have children with birth defects?
answering of these questions would be appreciated. thanks.

I know one has been diagnosed with high functioning autism, unsure about the others. (there's about 13 of us.)
I guess I identify as bi and I'm unsure if my mother took birth control but leaning towards no.
For the third question, I'm completely unsure.
Fourth person is not straight, and none of their mothers have had either of those I'm sure.
I don't know if their mothers had trouble with conception, but I know none have had children with birth defects.

thanks for the response. just wanna know this last one if you are ok with it.
>how old were the mother's approximately when they had their kids?

o shit sorry, missed that one
most were in their thirties and twenties. unsure if mtf friends mothers were of any especially remarkable age, although one friend who identifies as non-binary was born when their mother was well into her 50's, and has siblings that are in their 30's

thanks. just really curious to the connection between estrogen, autism, and sexuality/gender stuff.

i rejected all forms of pop music until i was 15 and that was also around the time i discovered i was gay and had a furry fetish so none of that really applied to me

i distinctly remember having a crush on kiko louriero when i discovered power metal though

>high functioning autism
flashbacks to cwc

I know you asked for anons between 1995 and 1997, but my 1998 self will answer still. :^)

My first celebrity crush was actually Ariana Grande, but it was before she was the huge pop star she is now. She used to be top qt especially with that red hair. As for now, I'll admit that I currently have a crush on Hayley Williams. To have a celebrity crush at 18 years old already feels juvenile in a way though. But, oh well, whatever.

I know this gets brought up especially on Sup Forums as a result of one study, but I'm starting to question whether it's just a meme at this point and this is coming from an 18 year old that leans more to the right than to the left. I suppose I may be a little too old for Gen Z though.

Crush on Avril Lavigne? absolutely YES YES YES

why has there been an multiboard shill asking this question and alluding to dark magician girl?

Also, my first crush was Kagome from Inuyasha, fuck yall.

First one.

By the time Bieber and co. hit the scene I had already discovered Sup Forums and the associated Sup Forums essentials.

Bieber is equally as hot in fairness

All music is and has always been just entertainment, you fucking moron.

>All music is and has always been just entertainment

>he thinks it isn't hip and cool to be homosexual
op is a massive fucking faggot

Neither I'm not a fucking normie

This

why would you make this thread?

who the fuck says stan?

Is this what normal life in California is?

Born in '96 and mostly agree.
Spongebob, Ed Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, PPG, KnD and Mouse in the House were my childhood.Especially Spongebob, I was only vaguely aware of My Life as a Teenage Robot but I guess did have a crush on Jenny.
Musically, I just listened to whatever was on radio and didn't really care till my classmates introduced me to classic rock. And my dad and mom weren't shy about showcasing what music they liked, so I guess that's why my tastes now lean more towards what's generally considered "dadrock" and am only vaguely aware of any current band that are not in the mainstream right now. However I am trying to correct that
As for idols, I though Avril Lavigne was fine but would much rather fuck Britney Spears desu
However I can never find any boy who genuinely likes Justin Bieber

The only thing from texas is steers and queers.

Stan has a negative connotation of being an obsessive fan who'd dickride the artist in question, it's not meant to be a replacement for fan.

Can confirm had a friend once, he moved to Texas , and was gay the next time I met him

i was born in 1991 and i had a crush on avril when i was a kid.

For real, her first album is the first album i've ever bought, not even ashamed

>NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual, and liking girls makes you a chauvinist pig?
you know when you say these things you sound like the conservative equivalent of the kind of liberals who say things like "ALL CONSERVATIVES ARE STUPID HICKS AND RACISTS WHO ONLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BIG BUSINESS AND WANT TO FUCK THE ENVIRONMENT AND DISMANTLE ALL EXISTING GUN CONTROL AND DEPORT ANYONE WHO ISNT BORN IN AMERICA"

Don't mean to offend you but I don't think Sup Forums is the best place for a survey, since personal experience has a very low evidence.

Are there any reliable stats on this topic?

Born in 1991 and Let Go was also the first album I ever bought pham.

Born in 96 but closer to the millennial side of the house i guess. Even in libtarded California i still missed the sjws are cool boat by a couple years. Definitely more of a brenda song type of guy imho

I was never into pop music as a kid, but I definitely associate my childhood more with the Avril Levigne era whereas my sister who is two years younger would probably associate childhood with the latter era.

Im going to download Let Go right now, im ready for a nostalgia trip.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNvDOQoYMOk

youtube.com/watch?v=mtg0Pf39B1k

95, anisongs then, anisongs now.

If they already think that you're honestly not going to be able to convince them to change with reasoning and logical arguments m8

You've been brainwashed by the spectacle my friend.
But it's okay, you can still redeem yourself. Listen to Beethoven's 7th symphony.

Millennial. I remember more from the early-mid 2000s and there were a lot of re-runs on the television here. By the 2010s I didn't pay any attention to pop culture or watch much tv.

born in '97 btw
We didn't get the internet until 2009 either

No

this

I went through a pop-punk phase then got straight into hiphop

Neither. My first crush was Winona Ryder.

Not actually using this for statistics. Just trying to see if an update individual case matched up with recent findings. Her situation made a good example because there was confirmation that there were large amounts of estrogen and estrogen like chemicals from birth control pills, plastics, etc.
>digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1608&context=theses
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138231/

Same desu

yessss

this is the dude who i wanted to fuck growing up

1995-1997 is the end of Gen Y, retard

Lmao op is a faggot for making this bait thread

1994 patrishun here but just for the record mariah was the top tier poop star followed by shakira and jlo. As for cartoons i guess frankie from fosters, the green bitch from kim possible and amy from futurama.

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y)
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Sorry, but you're a millennial

yep in my experience the tween sex icons for years born are something like this

born
92 - averil
93 - pete wentz
94 - alex gaskarth
95 - nevershoutnever
96 - haley williams
97 - justin bieber
98 - grimes
99 - one direction

does anyone have that one copypasta about Avril Lavigne

you know the one

born in 92 and fapped to this and anna kournikova

later found jordan capri and lightspeed university

then fapped to zone's animations for a while

now i'll watch anything

I think 2004 is when the new generation began. Thats when runescape and world of warcraft came out and when i also remember playing the computer a lot more. And i started browsing newgrounds around the same time, and Sup Forums. I was born in 1993 though, so when that stuff came out i was 11, still young but not that young.

the music video to my hips don't lie stirred up all sorts things in babby me

This. Add chingy, the doors, dmx, tupac, and a bunch of other stuff not meant for kids It was me since I was unsupervised the majority of the time

Reggaeton is a genre and it is garbage

1995 here.

My childhood was between the two, I guess. However, your loaded question is dog shit.

>"qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual, and liking girls makes you a chauvinist pig?

literally what the fuck are you talking about
if anyone forced the trap meme it was Sup Forums