Hey Sup Forums so I think I may have a receding gum line. I haven't been able to see a professional yet...

Hey Sup Forums so I think I may have a receding gum line. I haven't been able to see a professional yet, so I don't know what to think. I want to know if its serious and if I can heal it or repair it at home.

You see that white along your two frontal bottom teeth? That is plaque and is most likely so on that you will not be able to get it all off without taking bits of tooth, you definitely look like you have inflamed gums and the start of a receding gum line but home repair is something I would NOT suggest, DIY dentistry can fuck you up way harder then the bill for a dentist, do the smart thing and just brush your teeth as much as you can daily and go see a doctor as quick as you can, your teeth seem in very bad shape physically

How much do you think it could cost to fix this?

Depends where you are living, are you in Canada? the US? Where exactly are you? Also if you're under 18 you can get whatever it is done for free as long as it's Canada (possibly other places not too sure though) but it doesn't seem that you are just judging off of the look of your mouth (not trying to be offensive I've just seen my fair share as a dentist and can tell)

I'm in the U.S and I'm 18. So I haven't had to self manage outside of brushing my teeth and what is traditionally done at home. I am going off of looks, yes, but also to prevent anything worse health wise of aestheticly. As I am not very educated on dentistry.

And you're not being offensive. I appreciate the help. I just want to be educated on it enough to ask my guardians to take me to a dentist soon.

You could go down to your dentists and have a talk then atleast, you may still be covered at age 18 depending on your circumstances

Simple cleaning should get rid of it. It's just plaque. Low hanging gums might be early periodontitis. Buy a decent mouthwash, it will keep plaque away. I brush 3x a day and still end up getting plaque on my bottom two teeth if I don't use mouthwash often. It's bullshit because these things are hereditary and can fuck even the people who take the best care of their teeth over.

Thank you. I'll try to do something soon then.

I thought something along the lines of that too outside of my teeth being crooked and the light yellowing. Since my mother has very white and clean teeth, but her gums are also low. When I talk to a dentist about it in person I'll see if that's possible too.

Earlier when I said doing stuff at home to repair it I was considering also aloe Vera, green tea, and other things like that. Would that help at all in the mean time?

It's not so much his front two lowers as it is that third tooth to the left and right that shows the signs of what I was talking about
Specifically to OP look at this graph and look special attention at your cuspids and lateral incisors and you may see what I am talking about, as far as things like that go of course healthy drinking and eating habits will improve teeth health!

I actually just went to the dentist for the same thing...and being the shekel loving cocksucker referred me to a periodontist.

US if you can't tell, and NY so fucking copay is $150.

Anyway perio wants to do an exploratory flap surgery.

He never checked or measured my pocket levels or even suggested a deep pocket cleaning.

That all aside, yea mate you've got receding gum but nothing you can stop. Gotta def go to the dentist for cleanings. A brush really can't get all the plaque and tartar off so you need to get those done. Otherwise you need mouthwash for between the teeth and be sure to floss or water pick.

I see what you're showing me in the image and how those teeth are being affected. I'll look into it.

Also, should I go to an orthodontist to fix the crookedness of my teeth? Thanks for the help so far btw.

That's more of a personal preference to be honest your teeth aren't crowded enough that they would really effect your teeth health in anyway but if you aren't happy with your teeth gaps then by all means you should seek out treatment, it's becoming more and more of a trend though and I see many people who are confident in their teeth gaps so it's really up to the person

My main concern is the health of my teeth first, so I'll make that decision later if I must. Thank you though. Also at the cuspids (I think that's right) I can see that they're bulging out a little below the gum line. Is that anything I need to look at or is that just related to my teeth being crooked?

In my original post where I talk about inflamed gums I am mostly referring to them as most of your teeth don't show significant signs of it but it does show development of inflammation, as far as shape goes of your teeth you shouldn't be too worried as many people have many different shaped teeth and if you've never had them shaped by a professional you can't expect them to look "perfect"

I had to look up what inflamed gums were since I'm not too familiar with it. Is it swelling at the gum line though, right
The picture I took was pretty bad, so it didn't show up very well. So yeah I agree there may be some signs of that. I talked to one of my parents, so I'll most likely see a dentist soon.

Yes that's what I am talking about, glad you've been able to most likely get help!

Thank you again for your help too.

theres soecific gum health rinses. get that, use soft brush, brush more, rinse with diluted tea tree oil, see a dentist, and stop being an unremitting faggot.