Will we ever have another Capeshit movie this good?

will we ever have another Capeshit movie this good?

is anybody even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/scanners/nite-owl-versus-the-bat-man
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is anybody even trying?

certainly not DC

?

I expect WW to be on the level of the Batman Trilogy

>Based Gal to BTFO Marvel CONFIRMED

The Nolanverse is self-contained.

The Winter Soldier came the closest.

But yeah, it seems like it's going to take a long time for someone to make something as good or better than The Dark Knight. Hopefully it's Nolan again.

>tfw the new Joker is a literal cuckold memelord

we miss you Heat

>when your trash photography doesn't even look good in black and white

JUST

Nope

was this made in jest?

Heath Ledger is dead...

gorgeous photograpy
meaningful, measured direction

all spent all on a 5/10 script, where they team up to fight a mute CGI troll

DC's movies are so fucking frustrating.

kek not while Marvel is making popcorn shlock and WB is giving Zack the hack total control

Batman 89, Batman Returns, Spider-Man 2, Captain America: Civil War are all better capeshit. The Dark Knight falls apart when it moves from Joker to Two Face.

we already got one, broobruh. I watch it every night before I go to bed.

Yes, I'm sure Marvel will do it with Avengers:McGuffin Wars pts 1-45

Bane?

Watchmen, MoS, BvS, Ant-Man, GotG, Avengers 1 and 2, Iron Man 1 and 2, SKWAD unironacally > TDK

TDK is definitely more standalone than Civil War.

"no"

I know you're trying to upset me, but I just feel kind of sorry for you

I guess I should be jealous that you're able to take so much enjoyment from supbar movies?

>tfw no more bane

>www.slantmagazine.com/house/article/trickster-heaven-twofaced-hell-the-dark-knight

TDK is pretty bloodless and lame.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Hellboy 2
4. Dredd
5. Superman 2
6. Watchmen
7. Batman Returns
8. Xmen DOFP
9. Dudepeel
10. The Winter Soldier

just facts

that's an interesting opinion you've adopted

well he didnt die on screen

it would be extremely piquant

They are all better capeflicks and in some cases capekino than TDK, which is enormously overrated. One interesting performance surrounded by garbage does not a good film make.

Snyder, Gunn, even Whedon > Nolan

she can't even speak English fuck off. plus trailer made clear it'll be a blurry, cgi and filter fest

Not everyone can be an iconoclast.

>One interesting performance surrounded by garbage does not a good film make.
I bet you talk like this irl

sums up my thoughts perfectly

>getting this defensive when confronted with an obvious truth

Watchmen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Dark Knight

>rogerebert.com/scanners/nite-owl-versus-the-bat-man

>I bet you talk like this irl
>irl

I bet you talk like that in real life

what kind of comic books do kids read these days?

pokemon go?

give it 20 years, and you'll see some dark edgy pokemon go.

see >.......
>......
>............................
>.....
>"no"

BvS script was good, more thought out than any superhero movie of recent years.

It was though, TDK wasn't that great.

no it wasn't

>Batman Returns
>better than anything

This is a actually really good. The original Ironman should be on there.

Stop having bad opinions

I think you're being contrarian just for the sake of it. Now you've convinced yourself a movie you really probably secretly like is bad.

Stop it. Stop going against the grain. Some things are just superior and everyone agrees about it. TDK is one of these.

Matter of taste I suppose. I liked the whole Sturm und Drang, man and god doing battle shit. Was pretty compelling to me.

For example Batman's monologue at the beginning is great, never seen something like it before in marvel superhero movies

You know other people can like different things, they aren't just pretending to make you mad.

Felt more like a James Bond movie

I don't believe you. I think you've just convinced yourself to hate it to be different or get some weird pleasure of pretending to look down at others when there's nothing to look down on.

Everyone who watches the movie just feels satisfied that they watched a good movie once it ends

Started with Burton and ended with Nolan

We won't have anything like this in a generation.

Note: pov of 31 year old

Are you serious? It's a matter of taste, Nolan leaves some people cold. I like some of his movies but I get it. I don't assume people who don't like him are crazy or lying.

Batman v Superman
>9/10 as cinegrid
>7/10 as motion picture

It wasn't that good, though. If you want a real good superhero movie, watch Batman and Robin. Arnold Schwarzenegger's performance in particular sent chills down my spine.

This post is riddled with statements that are actually symptomatic of autism.

I hope so. I hope I can get government money for it.

>Everyone who watches the movie just feels satisfied that they watched a good movie once it ends

Batman v Superman: Ultimate cut

There was a time it aired on TV, I couldn't even finish it because how bad it is.

yeah I mean it was cheesy as fuck but over all a pretty cool movie

TDK is a meme.

This will objectively be considered a classic piece of cinema, regardless of its genre. Asking for another superhero movie to be its equal is a tall order.

Shame that Gadot can't act.

The winter soldier was fucking awful are you kidding me?

Dark knight is a bad movie.

>The Winter Soldier came the closest.
No, Batman Begins and Rises are better than that shit. Stupid shaky cam action with that stupid gadget that makes Black Widow look like another person.
Lets not forget the CGI cluster fuck at the end required by all capeshit nowadays.

you've put more thought into this than the screenwriter did

>oh cool, its Rorschach's diary intro

>man and god doing battle shit

It was forced and cringy. It would've been fine if they had a man vs. god thing done organically, but instead what they did is have a retarded lolsorandom """Lex Luthor""" who showed zero emotional investment in Superman as a problem yet inexplicably wanted to destroy him on a whim for no real reason beyond his desire to autistically repeat his extended god metaphor as though that were the same thing as a motive.

here's your (you)

I liked Winter Soldier, Avengers, and Civil War just as much. I have high hopes for Dr Strange and Spider-Man Homecoming. I also think Black Panther will be great.

Script was good?? HUH???

> i'm the world's greatest detective
> i'm somehow bamboozled when i get some cancelled checks that say 'he killed them' from my disgruntled employee, not realizing what's going on
> HURRR DURRRRR i'm going to fucking kill superman
> {{superman arrives}} superman: batman, something important, let me explain
> batman: no
> superman: well, whatever, {{begins to pound batman in shit action sequence}}
> {{batman is ready to kill superman}} wait a minute, he said my mom's name... MOMMMYYY!!!!!!!!!
> alright superman, i know i've been trying to kill you for the last 10 years, and have a deep and visceral hated for you... but for no apparent reason, i change my mind

it reminds me of a garbage story my 5 year old nephew would make up when playing with his action figures

Plots don't have to make sense, only characters.

And when they were fighting, why did Batman just keep punching him until the kryptonite war off. I thought he was supposed to be smart.

he looked so good

it was great how you couldn't even see Heath in this movie. he fully embodied this role.

looks awful

>Hellboy 2

Heck yeah

>I choose to remember the Joker interrogation scene
>I choose not to remember wise negro convict Tiny Lister taking the detonator away from armed guards and throwing it out of the window

TDK minus Ledger equals TDKR

No, because no one is making comic book movies like movies instead of popcorn flicks

That was a great scene you retard.

thisde

It was literally the most hamfisted, predictable scene in the movie.

It was fucking stupid, and you're a pleb. The civilian ferry would've blown the prisoner boat sky high in minutes.

>inb4 MUH PRISONERS DILEMMA

Nolan fucked it up...knowing one prisoner is more dispensable then the other skews the thought experiment.

Corny ending to what could've been a great movie, but which will just be remembered as an average movie with a great performance.

You're a pleb who doesn't understand philosophy.

>The civilian ferry would've blown the prisoner boat sky high in minutes

Nah, not everyone is as retarded as you.

I understood what the scene was trying to convey. It just wasn't as deep as it thought it was and your comment has no bearing on mine in any way, shape, or form. Everyone with half a brain saw that coming a mile away.
No, the civilians would (or should, maybe I'm being too optimistic about the intelligence of my fellow man) have just grabbed life jackets and jumped off the fucking boat.

>Xmen DOFP

This was pretty good

>It just wasn't as deep as it thought it was

Based on what? That's not solid critcism. You can say that about literally anything "2001 isn't as deep as it thought it was"

"Rashomon wasn't as deep as it thought it was anyone with a brain saw that coming"

>Everyone with half a brain saw that coming a mile away

Nah, you didn't. But keep lying in order to look cool

A solo batman directed by Ben Affleck could have been good, but he's already tainted by being part of Snyder's murderverse so when the reset happens he'll be given the boot despite being the only redeeming quality of bvs.

>No, the civilians would (or should, maybe I'm being too optimistic about the intelligence of my fellow man) have just grabbed life jackets and jumped off the fucking boat.

Confirmed retard.

>Stupid shaky cam action
Can't see how Batman Begins would be any better then, because that did the same thing

You're seriously delusional (and truly the pleb here) if you thought that was some sort of ebin twist. Not everyone is as dumb or easily impressed as you. The whole movie was building up to the Joker's plan unraveling because other people aren't as nihilistic and batshit crazy as he was.

>No, the civilians would (or should, maybe I'm being too optimistic about the intelligence of my fellow man) have just grabbed life jackets and jumped off the fucking boat.

Dumbass he would have blown it the fuck up if people started jumping off

Holy shit how fucking stupid are you? He clearly said he wouls blow it up if anyone tried to escape.

During two fight scenes there's a lot of cuts, but the camera is always being held still.

Didn't remember that part 2bh, I haven't watched the movie in years because I thought it was shit. You got me there. My point about le ebin twist still stands though.

>civil war
>better than TDK
>let alone being in the same tier as Spider-Man 2 or Batman Returns

Kill yourself.

>too stupid to understand an average movie like tdk

Wew lad

Not everyone watches movies for "le ebin twist" like you, you fucking retard. It's never really clear what exactly the joker's plan is. It was at that point the Joker's plan failed because he wanted to prove the civillians weren't so innocent after all.

Confirmed mad.

It wasnt supposed to be an epic twist. It was a version of the prisonners dilema.