ITT: essential nu-male core

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_and_religious_beliefs_of_Stanley_Kubrick
youtu.be/UoDKg8nHI1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ITT: essential nu-male core

star trek beyond

Without a doubt

Why are there so many Harmony Korine flicks on there? He's actually good (Spring Breakers).

Also, holy shit that's a lot of kikes looking over it

Her

What makes a movie numalecore?

What are some other nu-male films that Sup Forums nu-fags might nu-t have heard of?

Any of this Marvel shit

Scott Pilgrim

Anything mainstream critics are bought to like these days.

Certainly not OP's film though.

I am very pleased to simultaneously be far above the films so far posted in this thread but also not be a mindless contrarian alt-right faggot.

Will provide proof of patrician-ness upon request.

Basically, nu-male shit is also just Redditainment

Does it require being an alt-right faggot to observe an increasing trend of films where the men act like neutered faggots without a shred of testosterone?

I'd say I'm also fairly patrician, by the way.

>Certainly not OP's film though.
Beta detected
>Will provide proof of patrician-ness upon request.
If you watch symbolist bullshit like Barney or formalist crap like Brakhage you're not patrician.

>liking Charlie Kaufman's self masturbation
You've probably never even heard of Michael Tolkin

Can confirm. Used to love this movie when I was a nu-male.

Why would they have the title in English and only have a little blurb at the bottom in Japanese

I don't like it, that's why I listed it, you dingus. And I don't know the name, but I have seen The Player, which I thought was pretty good if a bit obvious.

japs think american text is cool, it's good visual design

Any capeshit movie

>nu-male

Go to bed Donald

Man, I can smell the leftist butthurt a mile away.

Here's the last ten movies I watched

Beauty and the Beast - Jean Cocteau
3 Women -Robert Altman
The Long Goodbye - Robert Altman
The Bridge On The River Kwai - David Lean
Muriel or the Time of Return - Alain Resnais
Ashes and Diamonds - Andrej Wajda
An Autumn Afternoon - Yasujiro Ozu
Love Streams - John Cassavetes
Autumn Sonata - Ingmar Bergman
Cries and Whispers - Ingmar Bergman

Don't have to be Trump nor be an alt-rightist to find weak males with thick rimmed glasses, patchy beards and lumberjack shirt pathetic.

The player is a strictly better execution of the ideas in Adaptation.

It's a much better movie.

I don't have to be a nu-male just because I have a beard and glasses, m8

Sure, I'll grant that. It also doesn't have an insufferable beta protagonist who's simultaneously a complete bitch around women but portrayed as being on a higher intellectual plane than everyone he interacts with.

>implying Kubrick wasn't a leftist

It's the last film the nu male sees before he becomes a male

I never said you were, but since I obviously hit a weak spot, maybe you are?

He wasn't, at least not dogmatically so. A dogmatic leftist could never have made Full Metal Jacket.

God, I really just don't get why people like Kaufman.

I hate breaking down abstract groups of people into very rough stereotypes but the people that like Kaufman movies always seem to want to appear intellectual and usually are just too dumb to realize how trite and intellectually impoverished his works are.

It's not. In fact I get the feeling numales would hate it and complain there's a mopey white guy as the lead.

What do you think the point of Full Metal Jacket is, user?

your a dorable

He wasn't. He became more conservative the older he got and grew up.

he was a self-hating jew that loved Hitler

Look, plaid shirt, thick glasses and having a beard are just part of modern fashion.

You can't assume I'm a nu-male just because I keep up with modern fashion.

Is all mumblecore nu-male core as well? Duplass brother stuff etc.

modern fashion if youre a fucking faggot

Kubrick at his core was anti-establishment and distrusted authority above all else. Doesn't matter if that authority was left or right, he didn't like them. And he disliked fascists, whether left or right leaning. It's disingenuous to say he prescribed to one political ideology or another

It's an honest portrayal of war and what it does to a soldier's psyche. It simply is a neutral observation, neither pro-war nor anti-war.

I remember reading an interview with Gene Siskel where Kubrick made a point of quoting the boot camp sergeant's speech about how it is the hard heart, and not the weapon that kills, and he himself said that was absolutely right. Not exactly the leftist position on the gun issue.

Where do these myths come from? You don't have to have the same political opinions as the directors you like, and you sure as hell don't need to retroactively create a false impression of what a director's beliefs are.

Every one of his movies that were political were also predominantly liberal in message.

Read about it yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_and_religious_beliefs_of_Stanley_Kubrick

He clearly became what most would consider an anti-authoritarian "right-winger" as he got older and was exposed to the elites. He was the Alex Jones of his day.

What exactly is liberal about 'A Clockwork Orange'? It skewers the right and the left in equal parts.

That movie promotes moving your ass and stop being so damn passive though.

How did that flew over your head? I thought you were patrician

It's not really numale core.
It's that the chick in the film is a tumblr tier psycho.
The male protagonist isn't so bad.

Read it yourself. He was more liberal during his youth, like the Dr. Strangelove days. By the time Full Metal Jacket came around, he was a pro-military, anti-elitist gun nut.

he wrote one of the best episodes of moral orel

500 days of summer

Her

The policies of the drill sergeant and the corps lead to the emotional and psychological destruction of Leonard. He literally ends the first half with that murder to put in perspective just what happens in military training.

Then he has another scene in which there is a US soldier shooting out of a helicopter at unarmed civilians.

Then there's a scene where he references the duality of man

And he finally ends the movie with the pacifist killing a prepubescent girl that had been the sniper killing everyone in his unit.

The movies is clearly anti war and it at the very least condems the US military's combat tourism in Vietnam.

I really don't like him either. He seems to think his gimmicks are oh-so deep. He doesn't know how to write stuff that is actually deep yet unpretentious like the Coen brthers.

>tfw i really like this movie and its soundtrack
Only romantic movie i genuinely enjoy desu
What exactly is nu-male anyway? Is it just an SJW/cuck/someone who's not pro-trump?

Kubrick didn't shy away from atrocities and he didn't shy away from heroics. I don't think it was a movie that advocated for the Vietnam war itself, and Kubrick from what I've read seemed to have no love for proxy wars in the East, but he wasn't portraying the U.S. as worse than anyone else, or saying that war was too horrible a thing to happen ever.

Animal Mother is one of the most badass characters in all of cinema, too. Full stop.

His movies are all about self loathing and the incapacity of changing, very personal works that usually come off as depressive wanks of his ego. His brand of humor is very appealing to some, similar to solondz's

I respect him immensely for just doing whatever he likes and his honesty about being a piece of shit. could you please elaborate on why you hate him so much? From a film making perspective of course. The people that don't like him usually act indifferent, but you seem pissed.

Also are you the user who spergs out at every synecdoche new York thread and recommends to watch Cassavetes and Bergman instead?

Her and Ex Machina.

Alex Jones is a clown with not a tenth of Stanley Kubrick's intelligence.

He's anti-authoritarian but that doesn't mean he's anti federalist or even anti government. That also doesn't make him a rightist. This redefining of political lines recently by the alt right to imply that liberals are pro-archy and conservatives are anti-archy is preposterous.

He's fascinated by realpolitik and Napoleon. He believes in a Hobbesian state of nature. He also however believes in man's ability to overcome his baser instincts but A clockwork orange is his argument that free will is more important than security. It is better for Alex as an agent of chaos to exist in the world than for our government to remove the possibility of an Alex ever existing because in doing that we destroy free will. does that answer your question too?

He's anti-rousseauist which means he's anti-jeffersonian. He's not operating on a left right spectrum most of the time but on most social and military issues he would come down on the side of the modern left.

>I respect him immensely for just doing whatever he likes and his honesty about being a piece of shit.
Why do you respect a man for being self-loathing and self-flagellating? I find it to be a perverse, repulsive characteristic in other people.

Yeah, except Kubrick never suggest that Alex being free is a good thing. Alex is portrayed as a despicable monster from the first frame to the last, and never feels a shred of sympathy for anyone who isn't him.

American Beauty and Little Miss Sunshine don't belong on here. They are legitimately good.

Yeah. Because seriously his movies are just literal garbage.

He's every time I try to give them a chance, all I see are missed opportunities and hand waving.

He's just not that skilled a writer. He's trying to comment on things that have already been commented on by people much smarter and better spoken than he is.

There is a point in A Clockwork Orange you must be forgetting where the preist literally gets up and tells the audience what I just stated about free will.

It literally couldn't be more plain.

It is when you don't do something about it and sit on you ass all day in fear of the new, the guy uses his "struggle" as inspiration and makes art out of it.
Also, for a submissive guy, he takes a lot of risks involving his carreer, like moving to directing, which honestly I think he shouldn't have.

It makes a point out of it, showcases the pros and cons, but it's never so definitive as free will > security.

You mean the same priest who gives a cartoonishly stupid fire and brimstone prison sermon? I mean, yes, at the end of the day Kubrick is a classical liberal who clearly distrusts the state, but Alex doesn't respond to harsh punishment or rehabilitation in the slightest.

He starts and ends the movie a selfish, sadistic psychopath.

Alex Jones is very intelligent egardless of whether you agree with his politics or not. Believe it or not, he's actually close to his daughter (and protege). Check out what he says at 8:20:
youtu.be/UoDKg8nHI1U

You've probably don't even know what he believes or heard him speak at length before.

>He's anti-authoritarian but that doesn't mean he's anti federalist or even anti government. That also doesn't make him a rightist. This redefining of political lines recently by the alt right to imply that liberals are pro-archy and conservatives are anti-archy is preposterous.

Liberals are pro-establishment slaves because liberalism is the paradigm ideology. Kubrick opposed the liberal order once he learned the truth from rubbing elbows with the elites.

>He's fascinated by realpolitik and Napoleon. He believes in a Hobbesian state of nature. He also however believes in man's ability to overcome his baser instincts but A clockwork orange is his argument that free will is more important than security. It is better for Alex as an agent of chaos to exist in the world than for our government to remove the possibility of an Alex ever existing because in doing that we destroy free will. # does that answer your question too?

A Clockwork Orange makes no such claim. That is you projecting your own bias onto it. If anything, it says we'd be better off as a society if we just assumed free will didn't exist and criminals can't help themselves. The Hobbesian view you're talking about, which is classic conservatism by the way, would also come down on this side of things.

>He's anti-rousseauist which means he's anti-jeffersonian. He's not operating on a left right spectrum most of the time but on most social and military issues he would come down on the side of the modern left

>anti-Rousseau
>he's a leftist, I swear!
Go back to school, m8. Rousseau is quentiessential leftism, highly influential on Karl Marx, etc.

That just sounds vague, can you be more specific? Give an example of a wasted opportunity in his work

t. nu male

You can safely ignore this person.

I've done the research and trust me. This is all just Sup Forums nonsense.

You wear the Nu-male uniform and get triggered by Donald Trump. You're a nu-male kid, get used to it.

>Look, plaid shirt, thick glasses and having a beard are just part of modern fashion.
Maybe back in 2013 but not anymore

Everything I said is true. The fact that you'd rather ignore my points than address them speaks volumes.

Kubrick on a Clockwork Orange
> It is quite true that my film's view of man is less flattering than the one Rousseau entertained in a similarly allegorical narrative—but, in order to avoid fascism, does one have to view man as a noble savage rather than an ignoble one? Being a pessimist is not yet enough to qualify one to be regarded as a tyrant (I hope)... The age of the alibi, in which we find ourselves, began with the opening sentence of Rousseau's Emile: 'Nature made me happy and good, and if I am otherwise, it is society's fault.' It is based on two misconceptions: that man in his natural state was happy and good, and that primal man had no society... Rousseau's romantic fallacy that it is society which corrupts man, not man who corrupts society, places a flattering gauze between ourselves and reality. This view, to use Mr. Hechinger's frame of reference, is solid box office but, in the end, such a self-inflating illusion leads to despair.

> The idea that social restraints are all bad is based on a utopian and unrealistic vision of man. But in this movie, you have an example of social institutions gone a bit berserk. Obviously, social institutions faced with the law-and-order problem might choose to become grotesquely oppressive. The movie poses two extremes: it shows Alex in his precivilized state, and society committing a worse evil in attempting to cure him."

Kids is Sup Forums core

it's like the same guy did all the movie posters for these films wtf

The collected works of Wes Anderson

>tfw almost nobody actually understands what this movie is about

Redditfag Horseshit is nu-male core

Thanks for proving my point. Rousseau is classic leftism and heavily influenced Karl Marx. He says that humans are naturally good and inequalities in society corrupt them.

Kubrick takes the conservative Hobbesian view that people are corrupt by their very nature and can't help themselves.

>society committing a worse evil in attempting to cure him

this

it's what numales who have broken 30 think is really hilarious because they had no childhood

And Kubrick is clearly considering and including both sides of the argument in that statement and in his film. He says it fucking directly: Alex is portrayed as a fucking monster, and seems to be completely incurable.

There's little denying the world would have been best off if he had just stayed locked up in jail forever. Jesus, how did you miss that the ending is him being given free reign to rape and murder again and relishing in it?

It is so incredibly stupid to retroactively apply the term marxist to Rousseau or the modern conception of conservative to Hobbes.

I honestly think you've simply never read enough to understand what you're talking about. Hobbes is a monarchist and Rousseau is an anarchist. Read between the fucking lines you moron.

Wow kill yourself,my man

Anything by JJ Abrams.

I do. It's about how it's better to love and lost than to never love at all.

Do you even know what "nu male" means?

>triggered numale

care to enlighten us?

I didn't call Rousseau a Marxist. He was a proto-Marxist. He is the quentiessential leftist though. He's the father of modern leftism.

Hobbes (along with Edmund Burke) is the father of the modern right-of-center liberalism or conservatism, whatever you want to call it.

Are you missing the fact that Hobbes is an ABSOLUTE MONARCHIST and that Rousseau is an ANARCHIST.

If you aren't going to take the time to read anything about their theories you could at least read the fucking posts. Their political beliefs are way more complex than you are making them and the Rousseau Hobbes debate is one of the most important in political history. Significantly more important than the "left-right" divide. It is absolutely not clear cut which side is which. They do not easily map to one another.

>Are you missing the fact that Hobbes is an ABSOLUTE MONARCHIST and that Rousseau is an ANARCHIST.

Monarchists aren't right wing now? What are you smoking? Anarchism is generally considered left wing too. And Rousseau's brand of anarchism was certainly prototypical modern leftism to its core. It has framed the general beliefs of the left ever since.

>Basically, nu-male shit is also just Redditainment

nah I think it can fall into a whole category of movies with weak male protagonists, have a certain fashion sense, are either indie or pseudo-indie, and attempt to be deep (either failing or succeeding). They are often weak in the storyline and attempt to be postmodern.

Good Nu-Male core:

Rushmore
Ghost World
Gummo
Eternal Sunshine
squid and the whale

Bad Nu-Male core:
garden state
igby goes down

Thanks, I almost read all that.

>Little miss sunshine
Well fuck you too buddy

Everything I said was 100% factual. I love how liberals turn off their brains when they think something might shake their worldview and show them that maybe they've been duped the entire time.