Non-blues influenced/inspired rock music

I know that bands like The smiths and other alternative/indie acts are supposed to lack any blues characteristics but i feel unsure, so i would like a more specific explanation. I think the web is kind of unreliable on this subject but maybe i'm just dumb. Post some examples if you think it's needed.
Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSv6SEN3SKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blues is heavily syncopated like jazz. It also involves adding the flat fifth to the minor pentatonic scale and the flat third to the major pentatonic scale. This is the blue note. It also involves bending notes so they are inbetween other notes. Such as being between the minor and major thirds. All of these elements are very heavily a part of black music especially around the time of rock developing. To get rid of the bluesy black influences, play more than the pentatonic scale, avoid blue notes and in betweens, and limit the syncopation. I think most post punk goes for this sound and pulls it off

Thanks you very much, that was the kind of answer i was hoping to get. Clear and precise.

except for your syncopation and note bending ok. otherwise you could still be describing sonic youth

>Non-blues influenced/inspired rock music
>ITT: Faggots

>itt: people interested in music
and then there's you

that's like 1/2 of the criteria though

>itt: people interested in music

My bad, my man!

>ITT: Leftist faggots

Sonic youth is heavily blues influenced.

what

Which rock bands are like this?

more plox?

What?

listen to canned heart living the blues ya cunt

information plox

except for some non-mainstream genres, rock hasn't been blues-influenced since progressive rock

i always thought a 'blue note' was once that was purposefully and significantly sorta off, not just 'emphatically trilled' like wikipedia suggests....like theres this one note just HONKED on Kinda Blue, forget the the song and cant remember if its Coltrane or Adderly soloing....

and yet it has bends and syncopation.........hmmmmmmmm

What are you talking about? What does plox mean?

syncopation existed centuries before blues

QOTSA is heavily blues based and popular. Almost all guitar soloing in rock songs is very blues based

hey faggot
i didnt propose op's proposition

it clealy means you are having some trouble.
id suggest deleting your system32 folder immediately to fix

where tf does this pic come from?

The Lost Modern Basketball Courts of South America, Assouline, 2007

youtube.com/watch?v=GSv6SEN3SKo

Nice thanks for sharing

it means please newfag