Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example...

Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example, in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall.
I havent even gotten started on tactics. In baseball the tactics consist of, "let's hit the ball hard lmao." The Pitchers tactic is "Ayyyy let's through the ball fast". Just put three fielders on the designated fielder positions, have so comically dressed dude to act as wicket keeper and fuck it senpai just scatterthe rest in the designated 90 degree hitting wedge to which the batsman is limited. Field placments do not mater at all because the batsmen is forced, by the rules of the game, to hit it at the fielders.

Want to use the pace of the ball to angle a finely placed glance? lol fuck off you have to whack it in the designated hitting wedge faggot. Want to play a defensive stroke to keep out a good ball? Too bad dickhead you can't choose to do that just whallop it you goof! There is absolutely no vairiety in the game, no situational decision making required of the batsmen and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude.

All the nuances of the gentleman's game will never be understood by "lowest common demoninator" baseball fags who are more interested in how many toppings they can fit on their hotdogs, or how many roids they can put in their mexicans, than anything to do with their game. Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBd0b7aJuX8
youtube.com/watch?v=7el6Bsrl_iQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lRRGy_EQqAA
youtube.com/watch?v=8WOO38BrC8U
youtube.com/watch?v=2rR3nuZSaA0
youtube.com/watch?v=XFvdkmuvY7s
youtube.com/watch?v=9Xx7FQQiOUg
youtube.com/watch?v=DUKy6pxzzck
globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2015.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lolno

>in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall
Is that supposed to be a good thing

We use Cubans and Dominicans.

Thanks for the laugh europoor

Isn't cricket that game they play in Harry Potter?

Do they play that in Kangaroo land?

Where do you get the flying brooms?

Is this /gong/?

> europoor
cmon man. Youre making us look bad.
The problem with cricket it the length of time it takes to complete a game

that's the best part of the game you literal fucking mong

lobotomise yourself

t. Arthur Srivastava Ganesh

Lol calm down pants backwards man. Way to distinguish yourself from the lowbrow, lowest common denominator hahaha

you're a fucking idiot and you have no understanding of baseball whatsoever. I was originally going to kind of defend cricket because I have nothing personally wrong with it, but fuck you.

Any professional baseball player would absolutely run shit in a pro cricket league. They would probably be looked at as a generational talent and have statues made of them n shit. The only reason they dont become cricket all-stars is because the worst players in the mlb make more than the best cricketers.

The pinnacle of American Football is viewed as the ad break.

Every rule in the entire game is geared towards maximising the amount of ad breaks that can be attempted within an hour. Its great viewing. What a thrilling sport.

Cricket is OK but I can't deal with all that sport. Sometimes several hours can pass without a single break! Can you imagine?
I hardly ever get to sit and watch advertisements for eight minutes while commentators frantically create stats to read out in cricket. If cricket wants to compete they need far more of it.

Also, there's far too much strategy in cricket. They bowl in too many areas in too many ways and they preplan their intricate game plan for the next four days far too frequently. What cricket needs to do is make the game shorter, so less time is spent actually watching the sport. Did you guys see the latest Broncos vs 49ers game? 15 television breaks to 34! The 49ers had no answer to Bronco's tactics of generating advertising revenue by constantly ending plays to cut to an ad break.

Its this level of corporate support that is missing in cricket, where as you rightly point out, its just a bunch of athletic guys playing a sport against each other for five days. Yawn

>cricket
>soccer

literal 3rd world shithole sports

>posts something retarded and gets proven wrong about baseball
>'lol lets shitpost about football'

you arent getting off that easy

this is my favourite pasta

bonus points for being factual

>youre making us look bad

Fuck off

Cricket is an ultimate game of skill.

In baseball you literally get a huge novelty sized padded and webbed catching glove, the ball soft and squishy and it is not even allowed to bounce!

In cricket you can unironically murder a batsmen without breaking a single rule. In baseball if you so much as through the ball anywhere outside of the batsman's designated swinging arc he doesn't even have to face another bowl, he just walks (walks) away and is spared from future embarrassment because some japanese dude didnt throw him a waste high full toss pie two feet outside off.

That's right, in baseball there is a pre-arranged bowl that inevitably is thrown every single fucking time. You can't bouce the ball (taking spin and seam completely out of the equation). You cannot change the angle of delivery. You cannot bowl boucer yorker combos. You cannot work on the bowl for half a day until it starts reverse swinging. There are no off cutter slow balls, there are no googlie wronguns there are no flippers or skidders or chinamen. Just full tosses outside off every single fucking ball.

Finally, and this is the clincher, the batsman unironically gets three chances. If you are playing in your back yard against your seven your old niece bowling heat you may just give her a second chance if you get her out first bowl, but otherwise in cricket you make one tiny error your day is over. In baseball, you can fuck up and the umpire is like "lmao take it back you can have two more goes at that."

I find football to be almost as boring as cricket (can you imagine?).

They both are dreadfully dull, but at least there's a couple seconds of athleticism in Football.

Tactics are nice. Go play Rugby or soccer :)

>you can't bounce the ball
>you cannot change the angle of delivery
>there are no off cuffer slow balls
>bunch of retarded words that I assume are the same as curveballs, sinkers, sliders, backfoot sliders/curves/etc, knuckleballs, splitters, etc

you are so wrong it hurts.

Also people literally have died from getting hit by pitches in baseball, and although thrown at similar speed the fastest pitch in baseball is faster than the fastest bowl in cricket. And if you fuck up you're just out in baseball too, but because there's so much variety in delivery of pitches it makes hitting the ball extremely difficult.

Watch these videos (mute the sound cause the song's retarded) and see how many pitches follow the same trajectories, there's not a lot of them
youtube.com/watch?v=yBd0b7aJuX8
youtube.com/watch?v=7el6Bsrl_iQ

literally the whole basis for baseball pitching is change elevation, moving side to side and changing speed/rotation to get desired breaks

looks like the kind of shit you'd see a third grade part time bowler put out in cricket

you LITERALLY CANNOT debate the fact that there is a tiny fucking region that the laws of baseball demand the ball go into and that this severely constrains any kind of variation in delivery

reminder this is literally impossible in baseball

>it's an americans convince themselves that baseball is """complex""" episode

yawn seen this one already

reminder the laws of baseball ban this sick filth

Baseball and cricket are both boring as shit anyways so who cares. Most Americans don't even like baseball anyways and only watch the world series.

Is it pretty comfy to be able to make a thread before you go to sleep and then wake up to how your bait fared?

>world
>series

What the fuck is even going on here, looks stupid

cricket is for pussies and pakis

/thread

You know what else is literally impossible in baseball? A game lasting five days and still ending in a tie.

Well that's what makes it so challenging for the pitcher, but pitchers throw outside the strikezone all the time to get lower risk swings and misses. If you just pound the strike zone you'll get lit up and probably wont be in the majors long (unless you're aroldis chapman and can just throw it through a brick wall and get by on ridiculous genes).

Pitchers bounce pitches all the time, sometimes on purpose. You're also forgetting that its way fucking easier to hit a cricket ball than a baseball because you have a paddle instead of a stick thinner than your arm, and what would be foul balls in baseball are just crickets version of a homerun because you can hit it wherever the fuck

Just goes to show how retarded baseball is.

>what would be foul balls in baseball are just crickets version of a homerun because you can hit it wherever the fuck

kek

KEK

K-E-K

a legal delivery in baseball is the cricket equivalent of a home run. Anyone who bowled that trash would be instantly dropped from a fucking under 12s side

>Pitchers bounce pitches all the time, sometimes on purpose
>sometimes on purpose
LMAO
M
A
O

>You're also forgetting that its way fucking easier to hit a cricket ball than a baseball because you have a paddle instead of a stick thinner than your arm

LAUGH OUT LOUD

those aren't arguments, you're losing whatever tiny bit of credibility you had

prove me wrong you can't

just won another argument on the internet lads

Cricket's really fucking simple too.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

based, muscular and intelligent cricGODs strike again

I already did

>Americants will never experience the hype of a hat trick in cricket

youtube.com/watch?v=lRRGy_EQqAA

KEK no YOU did not. I objectively schooled you.

you are LITERALLY seething right now because you KNOW that I'm right. I've struck a nerve in that tiny little brain of yours with my elite truth bombs, and this fact disturbs you greatly.

Instead of facing the truth, YOU chose to pretend otherwise in a desperate attempt to save face, except all it's achieved is making YOU look even more pathetic than before.

It's over. YOU cannot recover from this. Every time YOU see a post with an Australian flag, YOU will become deeply troubled as you remember the verbal beatdown YOU received in this thread.
YOUR heart will begin to race and the blood will pump through YOUR body, and YOU'LL make another similarly flustered post, which will only further diminish YOUR standing on Sup Forums

Reminder that I'm in YOUR head. Reminder I control you now, you little fucking bitch. Every reaction that YOU make is a calculated, planned reaction by ME.

Whether you choose to foolishly reply, or ignore my truthbombs like a little bitch again, YOUR status among the Sup Forums community will decline

There is no way out. YOU have NEVER met anyone as dedicated as I am, and I WILL dedicate all of my attention to wiping YOU off the face of this board.

Keep on digging your own grave though, you literal piece of shit.

>guy with ball tries to knock a stick off other sticks
>guy with a bat tries to block said ball
>for five days
Super complicated

Is twenty20 crickets answer to baseball?

what a bitch nigga sport

cricket is gay

"kek" "lmao" and "laugh out loud" are not arguments

Also, cricket bowlers throw slower from farther away, giving the batter way more time to hit the ball. Just look at this video, these aren't even guys in the majors either, just minor league players. If you think hitting that is easy you're delusional. By the time you can react to the pitch its already about 20feet away from you and you have to start swing.

Also 90% of the hits in cricket would be outs in baseball because of the fact that fielders in baseball have way better arms and are way more athletic. Literally the only thing cricket fielders have on them is being able to catch with their barehands, which as shown in this video baseball players can do as well (better than cricket players).

youtube.com/watch?v=8WOO38BrC8U

that motherfucker wasn't even looking at it and caught that shit no problem. Its just why fuck your hand up when you can just wear a glove and not be in pain when catching?

get fucked, I can't wait to see the next delusional verbal diarrhea you shit out of your keyboard

forgot the first video, watch the whole thing

youtube.com/watch?v=2rR3nuZSaA0

Baseball is superior in every way. Even Rounders and Wiffle Ball are better

>muh speed

the greatest pace bowler in modern cricketing history bowled at 75 mph, while a guy that bowled at 90+ was too shit to get a game

>Also 90% of the hits in cricket would be outs in baseball
what

>(better than cricket players).
kek

the catch in this webm was made in less than 0.2 of a second, and it's fairly pedestrian by cricket standards
youtube.com/watch?v=XFvdkmuvY7s
shit like this happens at least once every series

I suppose it's good for NEETs like yourself who have literally nothing better to so with their days

never seen a baseball player do this Tbh

redpill me on crcicket. is it like baseball but slower?

>but muh athleticism in baseball

reminder Usain Bolt wasn't good enough to play cricket and chose sprinting instead
reminder numerous West Indian bowlers were so fast that they were given a standing offer to represent their countries in the olympics
reminder just a few months ago one cricketer literally spent the entire five day duration of a cricket game running back and forth on the ground
reminder baseball is literally filled with overweight spics

>is it like baseball

I guess, if the seven times tables are like Connes's noncommutative geometry

Derek Jeter did that in his sleep

was he auditioning for The Exorcist?

wrong again
youtube.com/watch?v=9Xx7FQQiOUg

naw they do it better
youtube.com/watch?v=DUKy6pxzzck

>don't use a glove
>this is considered impressive in the decrepit hovel of canada

What did you mean by this?

based bairstow

Cricket is almost as boring as baseball lmfao

wrong image sorry lads

well there's a reason the poorest MLB players make more than the richest of cricketers. For a sport that only 2 countries really watch and enjoy (and I guess central america, but they all want to be american anyways so whatever) its funny how much money is put into it.

Its almost, like, we have more disposable income over here and aren't living in poverty on a beach or indian shitriver that they call a street.

Why are Australians so insecure? You never see Americans or Canadians starting threads like this about baseball

I meant baseball is almost as boring as cricket, don't smoke weed kids

>there's a reason the poorest MLB players make more than the richest of cricketers
are the poorest MLB players multi-millionaires? You do know literally billions of people watch cricket, right?

Billions of Indians

Stop pandering to the BSAs lad. The game is overloaded with pleb filth as it is.

it's a major sport in over 50 countries covering literally every continent

pretty much, the absolute minimum a player can be paid in the MLB is around 500k/year. Although I just looked it up and the top cricketers make more than I thought, the top guys make around the average MLB salary (not including endorsements). with endorsements its sort of comparable to a top MLB player's salary not including their endorsements. Although kershaw is making like $36mil a year I think before endorsements and bonuses

That's just their national contracts you're looking at. They're also contracted to domestic T20 sides around the world and receive substantial bonuses for doing their job in games.

AFL is the 9th largest sporting league in the world by revenue, and the highest paid players in the league don't come close to what an international cricketer makes in a year.

>AFL is the 9th largest sporting league in the world by revenue, and the highest paid players in the league don't come close to what an international cricketer makes in a year.
Source? Not doubting just wanna see lad

Nvm here it is. Not 9th but up there.

>2 month earnings for the IPL extrapolated to a whole year for some entirely unknown reason

highest paid cricketer in the IPL made about 2M last season

This many replies for a pasta thread?

That's a lot of talk about men going in and out

What a fucking gay I mean gentlemanly sport

for about a month of work

More data
globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2015.pdf

It's adjusted for pay per season for each league

those are the actual average salaries for the American sports at least
which for the IPL is under 400k

they barely get paid for anything else

Ashes history will next year be made in Western Australia, with either the WACA Ground hosting its final Australia-England Test Match for the foreseeable future, or Perth Stadium hosting its first clash between international cricket’s most fierce rivals.

Western Australian cricket fans will once again have the opportunity to potentially see an Ashes series decided in Perth after today’s announcement by Cricket Australia that the state will host next season’s Third Test from 14-18 December 2017.

The venue for the match will be determined at a later stage and based on the readiness or otherwise of Perth Stadium.