Eric Clapton is a hack

Eric Clapton is a hack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmIlUKo4dQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*talentless

One of the GOATs. Cream, Derek and the Dominos, the Yardbirds, Blind Faith and a lot of his solo stuff were great

He's the Adam Sandler of music. He surrounds himself with more talented people and it gives oblivious people the impression that he's good.

Maybe he was good back in the day. But by today's standards he's mediocre as fuck.
>Muh pentatonics
>Muh blooze

>He's the Adam Sandler of music.
You could have just saved my time and just said this was a meme thread

Can you say that with a straight face after listening to the Beano album? I mean, lyrics are nothing to write home about, but his style of playing was unheard of at the time.

only good with cream and then he was the third best person in the band
he's really not that good
I could probably name 20 of his contemporaries who are better

>"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking [indecipherable] don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"

cream is good stuff, then he became a boring pop blues guy and wrote the same fucking song over and over again

guys like him are the reason hacks like john mayer exist

Sure he overrated but he's still great. Why do people here only think in absolutes? You can be more than just shit or amazing

Should post the full version desu
>Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some fucking wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the fucking foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You fucking (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!
I still think "I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism" is a great line

/ourguy/

Great guitarist, one of the best. Derek and the dominos, his work with cream and bluesbreakers and few his solo albums are so fucking good

t. 65 year old butt blooze dad rocker

t. fag controlled by memes

they don't call guitar "axes" for nothing

Narcissist

He's not bad but he's also ultimate momrock which sort of makes him bad

unironically

Who listens to music doesn't devalue it as a piece of art. Thinking that probably means you have low self-worth and are unsure of yourself. It means you're an incomplete person.

Eric Clapton's music is hackneyed by its own merits.

>inb4 some faggot calls me a dadrocker

the Derek and The Dominos:Layla album has been on the Sup Forumscore classic charts since Sup Forums started,literally older than 80% of the board users right now

and yes,it does hold up pretty well

as for the rest,I guess his work with Cream(2 albums in fact) and some solo career songs are worth mentioning but I appreciate hi. mainly for making Layla

>Caring what other people think is good

>Comparing your taste to others'

>Having the confidence to like something at all

>posting on Sup Forums

>living

60s era Clapton is God-tier
Didn't care about him after that though.

him being an asshole inspired the creation of this song so it's ok
youtube.com/watch?v=AmIlUKo4dQc

>Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight?
GET THEM UP AGAINST THE WALL

>"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism
The absolute madman

Yardbirds were good. Everything else is shit.

true