Why is Gentleman Jack surprisingly super good?

Why is Gentleman Jack surprisingly super good?

Like this shit is about 50 times better than old number 7

Regular jack Daniels is overly harsh for its proof, too sweet, and just has a generally bad taste. It is really only drinkable mixed with coke when free at some party where your highschool friends are blasting motley crue

>go into liquor store
>see gentleman jack and scoff thinking it will be just as shitty as NO.7
>buy it just to try something new
>mfw it is smooth, flavorful, and honestly better than most whiskey for double the price

admit that if it was under a different brand and twice as much old men with cigars wouldn't just up about it

Whisky thread and other just generally pleasant surprises you have had

Sounds tasty, I'll give it a try, thanks paid sponsor user.

You have terrible taste in whiskey.

Try some Buffalo Trace, or Knob Creek, shit even Pendleton.

Then tell me that anything made by Jack is good, bet you cant.

all Jack Daniel's are good, stop being a pussy

Jack Daniels, official sponisors of College kids (R)

Rum master race reporting

Single barrel.

i have had buffalo trace and i do enjoy that as well. knob creek on the other hand is not that great

Just because it's expensive, doesn't make it good kiddo.

try single barrel

agreed. was surprisingly nice

Gentleman Jack is just Old no. 7 that's been filtered through charcoal an additional time. Regular Jack drips down through about 30 feet of charred sugar maple (called the Lincoln County Process) that, in essence, makes the whiskey taste older than it is. Gentleman Jack goes through this process twice, making it smoother and adding more of the charcoal flavoring (while stripping out some of the other flavors from the spirit). As far as I know, it's not any older, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a smooth pour - but bland.

>Source: fuck you look it up

Eh wrong,
Jack Daniels : Sinatra edition
AMAZING
But that aside try elijah craig, 1792, jeffersons reserve at sea or eagle rare

sinatra century or select boy

>Knob creek
>Made by Jim Beam

Can vouche, the Sinatra was amazing.

Rum is for fruits and hispanics

>drinking anything except 101
Is that really how you want to live your life?

Woodford Reserve. Derby is next week, you niggers better be ready.

This. Woodford is much better than anything Jack Daniels produces.

Of course you should obviously be drinking Scotch instead. Glenlivet 18-21 is good if you're willing to spend some $$.

Used to be a scotch drinker until I moved to Kentucky, wanted to see what all the fuss was about and went local. Still like a shot of Glen Morangie now and then, but you can't make a mint julep out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I like all kinds of whiskey.

Clearly you shouldn't mix scotch. And yeah a julep with good Kentucky bourbon is like afternoon sex.

Glass of Four Roses single barrel in front of me right now. Bottles low, what should I buy next Sup Forums?

You should check out Tennessee Honey, if you haven't yet. I'd wager it's even better than Gentleman Jack.