Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7_zrBgzuNjs
youtu.be/D5xhfCGcAYw
youtube.com/watch?v=wxHCsFmwubs
youtube.com/watch?v=6JVjv83ZOOY
youtube.com/watch?v=4RHVoFpncgA
youtu.be/LG5ttzxRAsE?t=31m9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Augh, I'm stiff and dry and have a big, lumpy butt!

>american """""""""""""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My oft complimented Peterbuilt is rhythmically nudging that sweet honeypot of yours

>mocking americans
>uses american spelling of humour

>Sam my patent papers have been blown to smithereens

>hes mellow, but cunning

he's as elusive as Robert denby!

>Sam, my patent papers are at a slight angle, what's going on?

Which is the best pre-movie short?
>A Case of Spring Fever
>Why Study Industrial Arts

>New England journalist!

Days of our years or one of the marriage ones.

>It's fun to have an idea–
>See? Wasn't that fun?

Watch out for snakes!

Robot Rumps

JUST

>Oh, it's true!

Who are you?! Just leave!

>sam don't come back here! I'm doing... uh naked burpees!

>Corn, chicken, green peppers, chili... (sigh) onions

Mr b-natural.

>Sure is a lot of bag-switching going on here, oh well, I'm mello

what's the best trilogy? and why is it the Coleman Francis trilogy

YOU FEELTHY PEEEEG

>trying to watch all of MTS3K
>mfw trying to watch KTMA and season 1

Should I just skip to season 2 when Kevin took over Servo?

Abby's some gal

Here's the skinny: When they had enough episodes, Joel outright asked Comedy Central (then The Comedy Channel) to not air those any more. And they agreed because they were 120% laid-back.

I mean, you'll do what Joel wants, right?

honeslt I've never even seen most of season 1 and two. I guess skip to Kevin, or right to gamera

Hearing someone other than Kevin voice Servo is jarring as fuck.

I don't think on soul brothers

>I'm back!

>watching Joel episodes

Skip straight to episode 513, you'll thank me later.

>Okay, who wants their butt kicked first?

>look up the sex scene from Werewolf out of curiosity
>end up fapping to it

Boy are you in for a treat!

wouldn't that be skipping over podpeople?

>Hi, I'm really white, and really straight.

Days of our years
Design for Dreaming
Young Man's Fancy.

>Pumping buffalo!?

youtu.be/7_zrBgzuNjs

IT CANT BEEE! YER DEAAAD!

>Well, I guess that's it then. Spankings all around.

>Do you have any fruit to declare?

NO I'MMMM ... NOOOOT?!?

>I'm moving to fire island, dear

>Brother has a tight psychological grip on Junior

>"We put our faith in BLAST HARDCHEESE."

youtu.be/D5xhfCGcAYw

>this is where the fish live

>Manos: Hands of Fate
>Mitchell
>Secret Agent Super Dragon
>Godzilla vs. Megalon

Why skip the classics?

>Junior seats Dad, and Sister seats the dog!
>Now let's go to the flowchart for this...

>Father feigns eating, draws out Junior, then disowns him!

I've never really watched MST3K. If I were to watch it, should I just start from the beginning?

I'd start with season 6, it's my personal favorite and it's got a good mix of 50s, 60s, and 70s shit.

>this entire scene

youtube.com/watch?v=wxHCsFmwubs

Its literally impossible for anyone around the age of 18 to enjoy this show now due to all the references used that are well before their time. I'm 26 and not American and I get most of them but still don't get a lot of them. Its a shame.

watch the movie. its shorter than an episode, and encapsulates they're basic humor style

I didn't start watching it for real until I was 17 or so (in like 2010) and, maybe it's just because I "know things" but I'd say only like 10% of the riffs go over my head.

I can understand people not getting why Mike would say "THE SEAN YOUNG SAGA!" when the title card "LEECH WOMAN" shows up, but somehow I knew that Sean Young was a psycho and had a reputation for being crazy back in the mid-80s even when I was a teenager.

OOOOH WHAT IS THAT? GIMME THAT YOU VARMINT!

elderly baby boomers dont get it either, not the references and they just get frustrated someone is talking through the movie

Is this supposed to be funny?

>Way to play that harmonica with your ass, honey!

Yeah I was going to say this, I tried watching it with my dad who would probably get all the references be he said it was 'annoying' hearing them talk over the movie.

>Its literally impossible for anyone around the age of 18 to enjoy this show now due to all the references used that are well before their time.

I've been watching this show since 1991, and let me tell you something. I didn't fucking 'get' it then. I've been watching it perpetually since then, and here's where it gets interesting: every time I rewatch an episode, I 'get' a joke that on a previous viewing just bounced off of my head. I'll rewatch episodes I'm absolutely certain I've observed and understood every joke, and it'll just be there.

There are so many jokes coming so frequently, there is no reasonable way to say "nobody will get this," because apparently as you age and learn new(old) things, the jokes that were previously hidden become clear and new.

>Years later you find out that the actor playing Rowsdower never got paid for his part

Ohhh I needs an eraser!

I know what you're thinking. Why isn't there kickboxing going on right now.
You have the right to expect constant kickboxing!

The MST3K Wikia has in-depth explanations regarding the more obscure jokes and pop culture references. I've found it pretty useful.

They do self-referential things a lot of the time, too, which can be impossible to understand if you watch the episodes out of order or a random one here or there.

Like when they'll just say "... MANOS!" during an incredibly boring, silent scene in movies after they did Manos.

>Oh, you're going to the moon all right!

>"We ordered this pizza two hours ago, and it's still warm?"
>off screen barfing
>"...Theyyy alwayyys dooo thaaaat..."

>this is where my TONGUE lives

Hired!, parts 1&2 or Mr. B Natural

The Truck Farmer is also underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=6JVjv83ZOOY

Hobgoblins

>WATCH OUT you little DOO-DAD!

>it's a "Mikefag has shit taste" episode

>Now we get to watch people watching a movie? What is that all about?

Last Clear Chance

man, they must've hated that one. they try to make an escape while the movie's playing and roast the director at the end

That's what they get for spilling grape juice on Gramma Pearl's rent-to-own couch.

i've seen people on streaming chat sites complain that the skits are 'filler'. millenials i gather

Try watching one of the recommended classic episodes and see if you like it, then you can start from the beginning if you want. But the series can be pretty hit or miss as a whole, whether you're talking about the early seasons or the later seasons. Some movies just work better than others for riffing.

There will be a lot of references you won't get depending on your age and where you're from (i.e. not American).

Whats that one from?

>t. 2 shitters

I wouldn't think there would be many Canadian fans, kek

Weird, I used to watch it with my parents as a kid and they always found it funny. Maybe they just don't have a stick up their asses.

Or Maltese fans.

My favorite was Mike and the bots riffing on the old security guy's age.

>old-guy "take my pistol"
>Mike "use it to kill archduke ferdinand"

>tfw you've actually watched the non-MST3K version

>tfw you realise almost too late that man is a feeling creature, and because of it the greatest in the universe
>tfw you learn too late for yourself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes
>tfw there can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves
>tfw when men seek such perfection they find only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward
>tfw men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can't be given, it has to be achieved
>tfw there is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself

Well, a lot of the jokes work no matter where you're from. It's just some of the more obscure references that require you to know a catchphrase from a mildly popular American TV show from the 1960s/1970s that almost no one outside of the U.S. has heard of. That sort of thing. My wife is Swedish and likes MST3K, but not nearly as much as me, and that's even with her being the right age to get a lot of the references. I guess in some senses it's a very "American" show.

or electricians

Take this, you space bitch!

youtube.com/watch?v=4RHVoFpncgA

Canadian

WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES

is that Howard Hughes?

It's Dick Culdane.

youtu.be/LG5ttzxRAsE?t=31m9s

Replies: 97
Posters: 22

Holy shit

Y'know, now that you say that... I really DON'T like spiders and snakes. Huh, who'd'a'thunk'it