Sup Forums how do i quit smoking? Iv'e tried everything short of the patch and nothing is working. i smoke a pack a day...

Sup Forums how do i quit smoking? Iv'e tried everything short of the patch and nothing is working. i smoke a pack a day, wat do?

just stop faggot

the patch and stop being such a pussy, its not that hard

vaaaaaaape

Always carry an onion with you and if you want to smoke bite the onion and the wish for smoking is slowly fading away

When i quit i bought a cheapo vape pen and after a few weeks i stopped both.
Been close to 2 years since i had a smoke, only time im fiending for a cig is when i drink. Cut back on drinking too and that in turn helped me cut back on doing coke.

try electronic cigarettes ("vaping"), it actually worked for me, without craving and with fun

U have to really want to quit, I quit by cutting the amount of cigs I smoked everyday till I was down to none and replaced cravings w gum after that. It wasn't easy at first but u gotta stick w it

gradual weaning dude, take your time like smoke 1 less each day for 2 weeks or longer and continue onwards

Get a dog shock collar, wear it everywhere (hide it under scarfs or turtlenecks if you're worried about looking like a weirdo for wearing a dog collar in public). Every time you think about how great it would be to smoke a cigarette, administer a shock to yourself. You'll hate the thought of smoking in no time at all.

For extra points, make sure to go swimming/take showers a lot, to make the shocks more painful and humorous.

Don't let people trick you with this "it's so hard to quit, you need professional help" bullshit.

If you WANT to quit, you quit. It's that simple.

>it's not that hard
Try going from a pack a day to cold turkey, It's debilitating.

Dude, I tried several times to stop. Finally got it on my seventh try, but at that point I was ready to quit. I used nicorette gum. I bought a shit load, and chewed the shot out of it every time I had an urge. You'll get it, but only when you are truly ready to kick it. I would use the gum, and don't run out of the gum. But the gum with the max amount of nicotine, and chew that shit.

I started smoking Cigarettes with 12, Weed with 13 and this till i was 24. I didnt want it anymore i also drank alot Alcohol tho. It was like a button in my switched from on to off. Since i quit smoking pot and cigs and alc, i needed something to do so i started going in the gym to lift weights. Doing this since 2 years now, never smoked again and im fit now and have nice body. greez from germany user

I quit a 1-3/4 pack a day habit 3 years ago with vaping.
Tried for 10 years before that with patch, gum, ect.

Make smoking unpleasent. Go stand in a corner to smoke and DO NOTHING but smoke. Helps break old associations and creates a new, unpleasent one while taking care of the craving.

Been there, done that.
It's not that hard, if you really want it. You just need a bit of fortitude.

Dont quit. If u quit then life wins. Life is for faggots.

Well you're not wrong, but just because "it's that simple" doesn't mean the only correct option is the most difficult one. There are lots of ways to help ease the unpleasantries of quitting. If not to spare oneself the pain, at least to spare the people who have to deal with him on a regular basis.

dont

Yeah it took me a couple of goes but I just quit cold turkey. 15 years of a pack a day minimum smoker. First 3 days suck the worst so if you can make it through that your on the down hill slope to 3 weeks which is about when you bust free of the physical addiction and the worst of it is over. Your sleeping can get all fucked up during withdrawal so if you're a coffee drinker or you drink loads of caffeinated soda might wanna watch your intake of it cause the nicotine is a downer to the caffeine upper. So make a plan, pick a day and quit.

Was hard as hell for me to quit. I tried cold turkey, tapering, nicotine gum...you name it. One of my grandfathers died from lung cancer (smoking) and the other had a lung removed when he was about 60, so I know I have no business at all smoking. Not that anyone does...but still.

A while back, a friend of mine who is a single mom in her 30s, called me up and was acting really weird. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she had thought it was just a cough or bronchitis. She'd been to the doctor that day and they'd found a mass in one of her lungs. She is undergoing chemo right now. She had never smoked.

That day, I took my pack of smokes, ran water over them, threw them in the trash and have not even wanted one since.

just fucking vape if you like the feeling of nicotine

I started to roll my own cigs and that kinda helped.

Holy shit user are you me?

> pro tip - you can't

Get pneumonia. That's what I did. And an electronic cigarette. 5 weeks quit now. It's easy.

Smoker for almost 18 years so I am fucked anyway.

Since smoking produces Endorphins in your body, you need something else to be happy about. Find something which you could do instead of smoking. Maybe do sport everytime you want to smoke

cold turkey is the only way

get into vaping asap, get a nice boxmod with a good tank atomizer. id recommend the smok alien 220w kit and some high-nicotine juice. the juice is essentially food sweetener, which is far healthier inhaling than smoke.

bullshit. It maybe helped you to save some money faggot, but you didnt stop

Woah, am I you? But 2 years ago? wtf is this

underrated post

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

You stop fucking buying them.

It's that fucking simple

You stop fucking buying them

Just quit, you will be jonesing for a week to 3 weeks and afterwards the jones goes away.

Just get poor enough that you can't affourd it.. that's how i'm doing it..

But more realistically, just choose your favorite thing(besides smoking) and threaten yourself to quit that if you kept smoking.

Man the fuck up.
Stop buying cigarettes
Stop bumming cigarettes
Verbally call yourself out on smoking
Tell everyone youve quit
Deal with it

Ive been smoke free since 1999.

If you were stupid enough to start--then you deserve death and are probably too worthless and weak to quit.

>Become jewgirl superhero
What did he mean by this?

This is how it's done: One day you decide you're not going to smoke anymore and you stick with your decision. I smoked about 2 -2.5 packs per day for a little over 10 years and that's how i quit.

Buy a decent mod and a good quality tank 170 for both and juice at 16.99 a bottle should last you a while start at 12mg of nicotine and move down if you need. Haven't smoked in 3 years.

LOL cigarettes are one of the easiest things to quit.

Jesus Christ try quitting something that will kill you if you stop taking it suddenly like benzos

>not smoking camel turkish until you die
cuck detected

Vape. No, I'm actually not baiting. I was never retarded enough to start smoking in the first place, but I know people who have smoked, some of them heavily, for several decades. If you can ignore the cringy dipshittiness associated with it, it works pretty well.

The whole point is that you can buy liquids containing different concentrations of nicotine. If you start off at a fairly high one, you can gradually decrease it.

Honestly I tried using e-cigs to help quit, and although it successfully helped me quit using tobacco products specifically, if anything it actually increased my overall nicotine consumption. Which is healthier in a lot of ways but that much nicotine consumption still has some pretty nasty side effects in some people. In my case some crazy rapid gum recession.

Not saying don't try to use it as a way to help yourself quit smoking or anything, for OP or anyone else who might be lurking the thread trying to find ways to quit. Just saying, don't get sucked into the idea that using a vape can help you safely continue consuming nicotine, rather than actually using it to stop smoking. Cause lots of people, myself included, bought into that bullshit and wound up with just as expensive and annoying a habit as we had in smoking in the first place.

The easiest way to quit something is just replace it with something else which gives you the same satisfaction that cigarettes do.

Same with any addiction, find out what problems you are trying to fix with addiction, and replace it with something that gives you a similar level of pleasure, although it must be healthy.

If you don't have anything to replace an addiction with once you quit, it's very likely that you will relapse.

Stop buying them. Problem solved.

Except for still being able to bum smokes from the people around you. Or accept offered cigarettes. Which usually doesn't happen very often unless you're a fuckable looking chick, sure. But it happens often enough that one could still make it a habit.

Or if you're really fucking fiending, I've known people (mostly of the homeless variety) who raid outdoor ashtrays for half smoked cigs, take out the remaining tobacco, and roll their own cigarettes out of them. Not that is ever do something so nasty, but the point is that the option does exist to get tobacco from sources without paying for it.

This is a giant load of bullshit. This faggot obviously knows nothing about what he's talking about. Go hang yourself ya fuckin jerk off
The only way to quit OP is to decide in your own heart and mind that you truly want to live without being a smoker. It's the only way
I smoked for 32 years and quit cold turkey two years ago
I miss it, crave it a little every single day but I don't smoke because I am no longer a smoker

Nigga nicotine is harder to quit than heroin

Go watch those videos of people with a hole on their throat, lung cancer, and almost no teeth. You just need to quit to the point of not able to stand the smell anymore. Vape if you really have to smoke something. I quit a few years ago after start vaping, now I don't even vape anymore. Smoke weed, its healthier for you.

It's all or nothing.

You stop smoking anything, stop buying, dump all your ashtrays and make sure that garbage bag is long gone cuz you will smoke from the trash. Then you isolate yourself and go crazy for a while. If you work, wait till your 2 week vacation.

Cold turkey is the only thing that works because it removes them from your life and body entirely.

I wouldn't say it's total bullshit. Obviously it's not absolutely necessary to replace your addiction with a constructive habit as he claims, but he's not wrong that doing so can make quitting easier for the vast majority of addicts.

Sounds like fucking horseshit to me. How the fuck would you even quantify a statement like that?

If you truly want to quit, the only way is cold turkey.
If your body can go without nicotine for two weeks you will no longer crave it.

I did this and can now happily say I'm a non smoker with no cravings.

I went from 40ish cigarettes a day to 0, cold turkey. Wasn'0t hard at all, but I have to admit that I was bored of smoking in the irst place, so I didn't miss it. Anyway, stop buying them. Resisting at first can be hard, but the craving goes away if you resist. Not only it's doable, but I believe that it's easier to quit cold turkey than gradually.

Download quit smoking app.. And stop thinking *I have to quit smoking* start thinking.. I don't smoke anymore

weak cunt - try quitting xanax after years of 6mg a day.
stop being a faggot

I quit it so easly just be a man and you will if you want
And if you really like smoking switch to vape for your helth

die, easiest way to stop smoking, and stop everything

Drink a glass of water every time you want a cigarette, that way you stay hydrated and kick the habit. Oh yeah, stop going inside gas stations

Not OP, I'm I quit xanax and a lot of other benzos after more than 8 years. Cold turkey as well. It was the most unbelievable experience in my life. I don't know how or why I didn't kill myself, and now after three years I still have some muscle pain. But at least it's bearable and the worst withdrawal symptoms are gone.

Smoke weed instead, its easy af

Just quit. Cuck

>wat do?
LSD. I'm dead serious.

Lsd makes me smoke so much more

Harden the fuck up you pussy, I used to smoke a pack a day too. Then when I wanted to stop, I stopped.

Cold Turkey is the best way. Don't resort to that pussy shit like nicotine patches or gum.

I did it several years ago. Be strong. Be a man and go Cold Turkey. I'm a Trump voter too.

decrease the dose gradually over time. if you smoke a pack a day, then go on doing so till the next week. Then limit it to 18 per week. Then 16 per week, etc... until you get it to the point where you can live without smoking

Found the weak bread

Best post

This works depending on the person, worked for my mate but not me.

/thread

cold turkey no patch no vape i chew gum now

Yet my grandfather is in his 90s, still kicking, still smoking a pack a day + cigars

Harm reduction. Decide if it is nicotine or ritual that keeps you smoking. If it is ritual, replace the habit. If it is nicotine find a safer delivery system. For me it was nicotine and I switched to snus.

Tabex.

Look it up.

Ive also been smoking a packand a half of cigs up until a week ago. Until i started getting light pain in my chest. I decided to start vaping and working out again. I havent had a prob for a week nd a half. Also jve been saving up a shit ton on cash

Have you tried quitting, by any chance? Worked for me

I smoked a pack a day and was able to quit by replacing the oral fixation with Dum dums and mint flavored toothpicks. My grocery store used to stock nicotine cinnamon toothpicks which were a godsend but no longer. Oh, and wearing a nic patch for couple months. I'm so fucking glad I quit. I don't have to worry about radiating the ashtray stench every smoker puts out. Or the disgusting wet cough to clear my throat.

Oddly, smelling smoke from others nearby doesn't make it difficult to resist. I actually kind of like it.

This right here. Get a decent vape to start with and you will love it. I still smoke a few cigs but i used to smoke 2 1/2 packs a day. They start tasting real shit once you see how good the juice tastes

Easy just kys.

Stop bying cigarettes. No need to wuit 100%, but you'll smoke a lot less if you stop paying for it.

Joke's on you, I'm getting cremated when I die, so I'll still smoke one more time after I snuff it.

grow a pair.

I still like the smell too. Thought I was the only one. It's almost like reminiscing over an old romance- you romanticize the good times but also remember all the bullshit that makes it not worth your while to go back. A nice melancholy feel.

Smoke weed

this is how i did it
> cold turkey
> start working out. ( cardio or weights or both)
>after a week is when the cravings will kick hard but persist and youll be good to go after two

just smoke weed n tobacco, then cut the tobacco gradually until just weed