Is it possible to disprove that God exists?

Is it possible to disprove that God exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1Ek-HD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no.
And it is pointless.

No. See 'Burden Of Proof' for further details.

Does that guy have any more empty phrases and calendar mottos in store?

Btw, if a god exists, how do we know it isn't the sandnigger one's?

can't go putting the effort in to disprove things people merely suggest

no evidence for any god/s

This is why religious people and atheists are idiots.

Well, you can say something along the lines of:
There are purported to be many gods. All of them all powerful and "the only god". By this, there is either no gods, one god and all the others are false, or gods are not all powerful.
In that way you disprove that all gods except 1 exist. But you can never know which one.

Actual answer is; YES

If there is a description of that God.

As long as that description is falsifiable and can be tested.

The balls in the theists court on that one.

Muslims pray to the same god as Christians and Jews, they just have a different set of ideals. Yeshua still appears in the quran, just not in that name. In it he's just another prophet, and not the son of god/god themselves

The burden of proof lies in the one making the claim that there is a god. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you are going to need more than a book and your word to convince me.

Or for you religious folks: You not provide evidence = I not believe you.

Average bait OP. Would have been better if it hadn't been done to death already.

If we're going by "Prove x *doesn't* exist" route, you open up the door for literally any and every imagined, invented, unprovable belief to exist, and you can't prove they don't. This is why the burden of proof is on you to show that your deity *does* exist, not the other way around.

youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1Ek-HD0

"no engineers would design it like thats. It's pure evolution."

no-one can disprove, but that doesnt prove the existence. its like saying: no-one can disprove that there is not a giant tea-pot floating around alpha-centauri, which is 10 million light years away from Earth. We cannot disprove that, because that would need cameras. But even if we cannot disprove that, it is safe to assume that there is no giant teapot floating around alpha centauri. Also, we should not be required to prove a negative. YOU are the ones saying that God does exist, therefor you are the ones required to prove that.

1. It doesn't matter if god exists if there exists no afterlife

2. Personality can be proven to exist in the brain, and all your memories and everything else which used to be call your "spirit".

3. If you gradually remove chunks of your brain you would slowly stop being you, and when everything is gone you are no longer a person.

4. Thus when you die you will not carry over your personality and then it doesn't matter if there is life after death because it wont be who you are now that experience it.

You cant prove a negative. It is a logical fallicy. The burden of proof is on the person who makes the statement. I have zero evidence of clowns in the trunk of my car. Therefore I can say clowns dont exist in my cars trunk. You cant ask me to prove they dont exist. However you can see that there are 0 clowns in the trunk of my car. On the other hand, if you tell me there is a clown in the trunk of my car, then you are wrong.

What the fuck are you on about? None of that shit has to do with wether a higher power exists or not.

The real question is, if there is a god, can you not disprove that he exists