Champions league predictions

>Manchester City vs Monaco
I really really want Monaco to win so I put my money on Monaco. Poop has been exposed and Falcao is back, realistically though chances are MC wins it.
>Real Madrid Vs Napoli
Easy to bet on the current champions so RM
>Benfica (Portugal) vs (Germany) Borussia Dortmund
My money is on Dortmund, they have been playing bretty good for the few games I've seen. Don't know much about the current state of Benfica but I like Porto better

>Bayern Munich vs Arsenal
I really really don't like Bayern Munich, (although I like some players and Anchellotti) and even thought I'm not an arsenal fan I want them to win so my money is on Arsenal even though highly likely they will defraud us

>Porto vs Juventus
Porto because of le memes and because fuck higuain
Bayer Leverkusen vs Spain Atlético Madrid
Bayer, I like atletico but they need a to reorganize and losing soon would send some players and simeone to other teams

>Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona
It be sweet in PSG were to take out the catalan scum but I'm putting my money in le independence muslim loving faggots
>Sevilla vs England Leicester City
Fuq this one I really don't know. :(
:( I like both the memes and bald manager :(
Anyone want's to share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lzvwux_xvlM
dailymotion.com/video/x1x3k94_liverpool-vs-arsenal-first-20-minutes-13-14_sport
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitty, Madrid, BallspielVerein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund, Barça, Buyern, Juve, Atleti and Sevilla

Not much of a debate here

Bayern 1 - 1 Arsenal
Arsenal 1 - 0 Bayern
Mustafi + Kosc will shut down Bayern offense, which is already kind of weaker this season anyways.
Sanchez + Ozil will be a little too much for Bayern to handle

>Benfica (Portugal) vs (Germany) Borussia Dortmund
Pulisic hattrick incoming

>Porto because of le memes and because fuck higuain
it's going to be a walkover

>This year feels different
What did Arsenal fans mean by this?

I like Cuararo

>Mustafi + Kosc will shut down Bayern offense
>Sanchez + Ozil will be a little too much for Bayern to handle

>Real Madrid gets another easy draw

It's getting ridiculous at this point.

I'm glad Arsenal fans are delusional enough to believe they're the better team, the more funny it will be when they fall apart again.

you'll see, Bayern will doopin' regret underestimating arsenal

I doubt many think that Arsenal is a better team. I actually respect Arsenal because despite it all they play football. I think they just believe everything is possible and luck, sanchez and ozil will be on their side.

The only teams they could've gotten at all were:
>Juventus
>Arsenal
>Napoli
>Monaco
>Leicester City

Honestly Leicester City is the """""easiest""""" team there, but all of those teams besides maybe Juventus are pretty close if not equal. If they advance and the other expected winner do as well then it will be:

>Manchester City
>Dortmund
>Bayern Munich
>Juventus
>Atletico Madrid
>Barcelona
>Sevilla

And there's nothing easy about that. Besides it's not a WC/Euro year so we're safe.

Arsenal is gonna ravage those sauerkrauts :)

> I actually respect Arsenal because despite it all they play football.
what does this even mean

that they don't park the bus and hope to score via counter attack or headers in corners.

Juventus, Arsenal, and Monaco are all much better than Napoli.

:)

Neither does any team with as much money as Arsenal, except for whatever team Mourinho happens to be managing at any given moment.

I don't see how it's respectable for them to not employ practical defensive tactics. Their pissy passy style fucks them over in the midfield and they get destroyed by any decent teams.

Juventus is a bit better, Arsenal and Monaco are not noticeably better if at all.

No, you don't understand, it's respectable for them to allow stuff like this to happen.

dailymotion.com/video/x1x3k94_liverpool-vs-arsenal-first-20-minutes-13-14_sport

Look at the beautiful passing, the classy style, the silky way they failed to defend corners properly...

It's meant to be entertainment, defending is boring as fuck.

>defending is boring as fuck.
le one point face

Neither do any of the mega-rich teams except United.

I dont understand how Arsenal's can attack like a top class team but their defense crumbles the moment they face any decent attacking opposition

It is different, cause they'll go out to bayern, but this time, as a group stage winner.

>This isn't the same Arsenal. This the best Arsenal team since invincibles. We have the potential to beat Bayern. Plus we have the home advantage. We can do it this time

Top comment on Arsenal FB page

europe is falling into the trap of not taking leicester seriously just like the epl did last season. even pep did it just last weekend.

what part of lester u from lad

PSG is owned by Muslims you colossal Austrian Hitler cocksucker.

>Plus we have the home advantage.

Does that guy not understand how the CL works?

It was some guy from India. So probably not.

Right, but PSG's owners clearly hate Muslims. Just look how the Qatari government treats its people.

>Treats its imported immigrants
Fixed.

i just call it like i see it.
their arrogance will be their downfall. actually having to tactically adjust for leicester is unthinkable and will play right into leicester's hands. we saw it over and over last year and people are still doing it.
i'd actually think leicester would have a better chance against the "big" teams but a team like sevilla might not take any chances.

i think the "home field advantage" part is a reference to the fact that teams would rather play the 2nd leg at home. i'm not sure how big of a deal that is, but it's definitely something i've heard before, not just from deluded fans.

Lel

Nobody say that Bayern is underestimating Arsenal.
But nobody want to stop Arsenal fans' delusion either

Sevilla vs Leicester is going to be fun, a team that pushes suicidally high against a team that sits as deep as possible and hoofs it up to an olympic sprinter.

Really?the only thing i see here is bandwagoner lester chatting shit on Sevilla just because they're not Real or Barca.

The only prediction I'm making is marco verati getting humiliated by Messi as he was talking too much crap about Barcelona and Madrid.

im not a leicester city supporter. saying you think a team is going win, even if they're underdogs, doesn't mean you support the team.
theres so many people on here pretending to be leicester supporters, bandwagoners and fake supporters it doesn't even matter anyway.

all i know is, last year in the epl huge teams went up against leicester with the same old tactics and watched in awe as they got blitzed with devastating counter attacks. by the time they realized their mistake it was too late. this didn't happen to the premier league team i support however.

>all i know is, last year in the epl huge teams went up against leicester with the same old tactics and watched in awe as they got blitzed with devastating counter attacks

Not really.

Leicester lost twice to Arsenal, drew both times against United, beat Spurs with a corner and drew the other time, Chelsea and Liverpool were conceding against everyone because of their respective managerial collapses....the only game against a "huge team" where what you're describing really happened because of tactics was Man City away.

People definitely underestimated them, but let's not pretend like Leicester stumbled upon some brilliant tactical solution that let them smash the top teams. They mostly just beat up on teams that can't defend to save their lives, like Newcastle, Villa, Swansea, and Everton.

i dont see how Lester has a chance of beating sevilla without Kante

And calling Spurs a "huge team" is kind of misleading now that I think about it, they're Everton-tier in terms of their payroll.

So really, Leicester's record against the "huge teams" (5 richest) was 3W, 4D, 3L. Pretty good, but it's not like they were destroying them.

>They mostly just beat up on teams that can't defend to save their lives, like Newcastle, Villa, Swansea, and Everton.
You know how i know you started watching after the WC 2014?

Monaco will legitimately win

>Manchester City vs Monaco
If Poop doesn't get his shit defense together, Monaco easy got this. Otherwise it's going to be pretty close.

>Real Madrid Vs Napoli
When did Madrid draw a respectable team last time again?

>Benfica vs Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund will either edge it or rape.

>Bayern Munich vs Arsenal
Pretty much Madrid vs Napoli tier. Keeping the aggregate score to 0-2 would be a great success for Arsenal.

>Porto vs Juventus
Porto were rather shit this year, Higuain got it.

>Bayer Leverkusen vs Spain Atlético Madrid
Tactical masterclass slash borefest, although I bet Atletico will not drag it into penalties this time.

>Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona
Emery might actually fix PSG till Feb, so it's probably the most close tier next to City vs Monaco.

>Sevilla vs Leicester City
Lestah isn't even good enough for Sevilla reserve team but meme magic is real, so let's keep believing and wear the fox and all the shit.

Are you going to try to tell me that Everton's defense wasn't an absolute mess last season? Or that Newcastle and Villa were even remotely solid defensively? It's not taking anything away from Leicester to say that they won their title mainly by consistently beating the mid-level and weaker teams, that's how all champions win. But it is misleading to pretend that they won because of brilliant tactics that the top teams couldn't cope with.

who here /upsets/

Kind of disappointed that PSG - Barcelona and Bayern - Arsenal. While it's clear who's the stronger team there I wish there were teams that could really upset them.

But doesn't Sevilla play the same meme 'high line defense and possession' football that got Poop exposed?

Not to the same zealot-y degree, they know when to adapt to the game and can actually defend. Even Poop can as he showed against Manure when they tried to close the shop down in second half or the couple Buyern games against Dortmund before. He simply doesn't have good enough players for his style at City.

>Arsenal got Bayern Munich again

Hahaha oh wow it's like they're cursed

>Madrid with the easy draw again

Betting wise
ManCity
RealM
Dortmund - depends on odds
Munich
Juventus
Barcelona
Sevilla - depends on the odds

Possible Surprise :Benfica and Leicester

why are you faggots complaining that Real Madrid get "le easy draws"
They're likely to reach the semifinals regardless

>when an american posts an opinion in a footy thread

city
real madrid
can't decide
arsenal
juve
barca
foxes obviously

But he's right

they're literally the new man united. united always god piss easy draws against shit teams. they reached the final 3 times in 4 seasons because of easy draws. i expect real to do the same.

it's all rigged.

They do get really easy draws, people joke about Florentino rigging it but now I'm starting to think that they might be on to something.

"Legia o Plomo"

*tips hat towards you*

Napoli is a huge danger team. If it wasn't for eufadrid refs, I'd have my money on Napoli.

>eufardrid

with a strong R16 draw maybe we can go back to their Arsenal-tier era of 05-10

Who?

>Cuararo
ok.

all his own fault
>be Josep Guardiola
>join team with weak defense but competent offense and midfield
>buy 2 wingers and a midfielder and loan a defender
>only acquisition is a player that was key to one of the statistically worst defenses in Europe because his stubbornness to hoof it clear was mistook for a virtue
>proceed to play suicide 3atb formation with wingers that don't track back and two fullbacks where centre backs should be
>say I don't train tackles after getting mauled

> Neverkusen vs Pathetico

This is a game between two legendary chokemasters, but they cannot fail simultaneously. Interesting.

>ywn see a Neverkusen, Lyon, Pathetico and Shinter group

Why even meme?

I still believe that >Schalke will return to the CL one day.

And choke. Unless they play Shinter or Liverlel

>>Manchester City vs Monaco
Poop gonna get pooped!
I mean, I hope he will.
>>Real Madrid Vs Napoli
Milik'll be back by then and on form, hopefully, so Crynaldo could fuck off.
>>Benfica (Portugal) vs (Germany) Borussia Dortmund
Ah whatever. Piszczu plays for BVB so they could go thru.
>>Bayern Munich vs Arsenal
OUR YEAR LA!
Arsenal to win 1-0 at home and lose 3-1 away, as usual.
>>Porto vs Juventus
Whatever.
>Bayer Leverkusen vs Spain Atlético Madrid
Counting on less spic teams making it thru, but the alternative of more kraut teams is not very exciting either.
>>Paris Saint-Germain vs Barcelona
Whoever wins, we lose.
>>Sevilla vs England Leicester City
Hate to admit, but I'm counting on Lester.

>Arsenal shitters

>Mustafi + Kosc will shut down Bayern offense
>Sanchez + Ozil will be a little too much for Bayern to handle

>Manchester City v Monaco
Monaco
>Real Madrid v Napoli
Real Madrid
>Benfica v Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund
>Bayern Munich v Arsenal
Bayern Munich
>Porto v Juventus
Juventus
>Bayer Leverkusen v Atlético Madrid
Atlético Madrid
>Paris Saint-Germain v Barcelona
Barcelona
>Sevilla vs Leicester City
Leicester City

>when a leaf posts in a thread

>Implying rigged

>Everyone will have their own subjective assessment of which team was more difficult to face at that particular time, making it tough to decide how difficult the games were.

>In order to make things somewhat clearer, UEFA's coefficient ranking for each side at the start of that particular season has been included.

>UEFA's coefficient ranking
>Mourinhos Chelsea lower than Arsenal
Kek.

>Germany plz

>>Everyone will have their own subjective assessment of which team was more difficult to face at that particular time, making it tough to decide how difficult the games were.

>>In order to make things somewhat clearer, UEFA's coefficient ranking for each side at the start of that particular season has been included.

I agree that its for from perfect, why dont you present your alternative way in which would you assess the quality of the teams over time?

who had a better record against those teams?

>not understanding how statistics work
>not knowing that barcelona has gotten easier ties historically since the round of 16 was established
when will this meme die ?

How about their standing in the league, strength of the league and last season? UEFA coefficient lasts over a too long period of time and doesn't even include the strength of opposition against you gained the points.

Take 11 and 10, Schalke over Shitty? Come on.

wow it's almost like that game is from 2 years ago and the team is completely different defensively

Tbh even now it's hard to imagine Arsenal's defence being good by CL standards.

are you seriously implying that the invincibles 'light' weren't a good team? loving every laugh

of course they're not good but they're not dogshit like before. if you had your pick of a bayern team to play against from the last few years this would be the one

They were past it at that time and managed to finish 3rd in a 2 team league in 05/06.

monaco will go through
real mandrill
bvb
arselel
juve
barcelona
sevilla
dubz confirm

the city of me

>tfw remember getting knocked out by Lyon

Kos has always been a good defender (he's your only one, btw) but when you buy Xhaka to play DM (only to discover he isn't one) and then play Oxlade or Ramsey there cos DLP meme, walk it into goal with le score from the wing tactics then you look like a joke club. Sort out your fucking midfield.

This Buyern team is also managed by the only guy who won CL 3 times...

At least with Poop you can be sure that he will insist on his dogmatic shit which can be turned against him ... with Carlo it's game over.

teams in bracket progress

[Man City] - Monaco
[Real Madrid] - Napoli
Benfica - [Borussia Dortmund]
[Bayern] - Arsenal
Porto - [Juve]
Leverkusen - [Atletico]
PSG - [Barcelona]
[Sevilla] - Leicester

really baffled by how many people think Leicester will get past Sevilla. They're head and shoulders above Leicester in terms of quality

only one I'm not sure of is City - Monaco. Monaco score for fun and City has a shoddy defense. Think it'll come down to penalties

It's only a very slight advantage ever since the introduction of the away goals rule. I can see Bayern scoring at least 2 away goals to bury the gooners.

There were at least 10 teams in EPlel who got more quality than Lestah last season. Porto or City also got a better squad. Meme magic works in mysterious ways.

So let me get this straight. You are >implying rigged because you feel that Real Madrid always gets an easier draw(than Barcelona i assume).

I agree that the coefficient is far from perfect especially in terms of Chelseas rating that had recently gotten a mad influx of oligarch money.

But according to this logic should Lestah be ranked as the best English team one could square off with in this years CL?

Again obviously its not a perfect index, but when you make the case that its >rigged and clearly put forth no evidence to back up your claim it gets retarded.

>also
Real Madrid went on to eliminate both Dortmund and Bayern Munich that had been in final the year before. Hows that for an easy draw

>Porto because of lê memes
what do you mean by this?

Jesus no, I am not one of the IT'S ALL RIGGED -fags. Real simply had a damn easy draw couple times.

Also Lestah ranking should be affected by CL results/cup runs, so no, they wouldn't be best English team but probably above Spurs and as they progressed while Spurs didn't, it seems correct.

>Porto

the Portuguese league is a scam, why haven't you learned that yet