The door to my bathroom cabinet fell off...

The door to my bathroom cabinet fell off, anybody knows how to get this leftover glue off the tiles and how to stick it back together?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-1g5wTSE34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

acetone, mineral spirits, or other commercial grade solvents.

There is also some on the door itself, will those things dissolve the paint on it?

Okay okay... remain calm. But you have to act quick. Run down to your local hardware store. Purchase paint thinner and some razor blades. Get home as fast as possible. Open the paint thinner.... drink the whole thing and then cut you wrists.

If it is going back to the wall does it matter?

Doesn't look like paint. Looks like melamin coated particleboard. If the adhesive is tacky, you could try something like Goo-gone. If it is hardened, I'd go with the acetone, avoid the mineral spirits, or look for something melamine safe.

Thanks.
Got to account for me being a massive tard who might spill it on the parts that don't stick to the wall.
All right, I'll go with acetone. What kind of glue should I look for to get it back on the wall?

Also, you might be able to use a razorblade.
Hold it at a 60 degree angle as if you were cleaning something off of glass.

Liquid nails

No it doesn't matter about cleaning it, go buy a tube of no-nails glue, squirt it over the old glue marks, stick the door where it was and jam a broom or stick under and against it.
Leave for a couple of hours .done

Problem there is the adhesive that still remains will create a larger gap space between the board and the wall.

Best to do this the right way, not the "I'm too lazy to do things the right way, way"

One more thing, if this door fell off, do you think the rest of the cabinet has a chance of falling on my head as well eventually?

Seriously fuck the lazy shit of the guy up top. I live in a "renovated" apartment put together by some fuckwad like him. I hate this place.

From the picture you gave us it looks like the shelving is individually installed. The other door could fall off, but without a better picture I'd say likely not.

is the whole cabinet glued on? Seems like it would have some screws into the wall

Quite possibly. Looks like whoever placed the adhesive doesn't know jack shit about patterning your adhesive for a good hold, he just globbed that shit in one spot and expected it to fucking stay.

Depends on how the cabinet is hung. Personally I would take them down, check hardware or adhesive (if he was an idiot) and grab some 3/4 x 3'' lag screws with corresponding washers and find a stud.

If you do this, make sure to predrill the back of the cabinet, particle board can be a fucking dick when it comes to driving large screws through them.

This is how it looks like, I'm pretty anxious because it's right above my head when I'm on the toilet.

Go get anchors, the plastic things that look like wirenuts. Drill hole just smaller than their diameter into tile,start with an extremely small bit through the board into the tile. Those are your pilot holes. Then open em up with the bigget bit, pop in the plastic bits, secure the particle board to the wall with the screws. Caulk along the tile and board, this will not only seal the edge, but also help hold the board on the wall. Putty the screw holes.

Oh fuck dude, fuck tile hung cabinets

Well, looks like he hung everything with adhesive. You will have to as well, unless you want to crack a tile or two.

Are you talking about toggle-bolts?

Don't know if that's feasible through tile without fucking up the tile job.

He wont crack the tile as long as he doesnt use a fucking hammer drill. Just needs a good bit and take it easy. Cracked maybe one tile in the hundreds of bathroom hardware pieces ive installed on tile.

Marine, Industrial, and Residential coatings expert here. This is a pretty easy problem to fix. You're actually going to need a xylene based thinner to remove this sub par two part contractor grade epoxy. Xylene (or MEK) are gonna be the only thing to get that off, first you need to get one of the thinners, some razor blades and get back to your house quickly enough to drink the entire bottle and then cut your wrists

Nah, and he'd have to hope its hardie or wonderboard for that, without shiplap behind it. Although newer appartment thatd be fine. But i mean the readhead plastic anchors. We use em all the time in tile, never had a problem with broken tile.

TFW Spics use glue instead of anchor bolts

Right? "They take the jobs white people wont do"

No they offer to do them for less, and do a correspondingly shitty job.
#sendthemback

who uses fucking glue to stick a cabinet to a tiled wall ffs.....

Work with my father who is a carpenter. Just use acetone or mineral spirit to get rid of old glue use appropriate amount cuz it could peel the skin of the cabinet then if you wanna make sure it doesnt fall off again just screw it to the wall via stud in the inside of the wall

Marine, Industrial, and Residential coatings expert here. Unfortunately in my line of work I see and hear about this often.

Rico
#DamnStraight

>screw through tile

wow must have worked with your dad for an entire summer to learn some handy info like that

It was a white guy btw.

Wd40 will get it off no problem

I guess your faucet handles magically emerged through your tile dipstick

Light skin beaners are still beaners OP

Tiles are usually cut to fit the hole the pipes come through. Dipshit.

Unless your some backwoods shit tier toothless hick handyman contractor

drilled

underrated. Trump is yellow and those hands dont fit him

Your mother must be proud

Tile is cut on a tile-saw, with water, for a reason.

The same thermodynamic reasons we use water while cutting it, would affect it when drilling.

Ever seen a tile-saw? I'm guessing not if anyone in this thread thinks it's appropriate to take a power-drill through fucking tile in any way/shape/form.

Acetone or keratine

Yes but u can repaint

>5

Here Rico learn something, and if you dont have a punch you can use masking tape to start

youtube.com/watch?v=m-1g5wTSE34

Floor gut here. Have you tried using a putty knife?

This is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen. What kind of fucking shithole do you have to live in for your cabinets not to be on a hinge? I mean this is fundamental shit mate

chill out bro! liquid nitrogen should do the job

This. Probably Canada

Razor scraper would probably work too

Fuck you guy! We have maple syrup

Smear beanut butter all over it and let doggo eat

So does Vermont leaf licker

Is the glue really hard? Looks like PL, you gonna have a bitch scraping that off

1. open window
2. Acetone (aka brake cleaner) to dissolve the glue.
3. scrape remaining glue off.
4. ?????
5. profit.

Vermont so tiny, Canada big. U wish you had a percent of the syrup we have in ur tiny vermont

Acetone isn't brake cleaner you fucking mongol, it's nail polish remover.

Nah I'd rather have drinkable water

and an absolute sponge as prime minister

Shut up!

But we have more drinkable water buddy

nail polish remover is expensive and some brake cleaner actually has acetone as a main ingredient, usually the non-chlorinated shit. read some labels corndog.

Oooh, so sensitive.

>corndog

Oh shit, we got a badass over here. You kiss your mother with that mouth turdmuncher?

Lol, I got no retort to that one, the faggy trudeau is a twat waffle

Give me your address, I'll do it for you and fuck yor asshole

Go eat a bowl of poop, bitch

Send pics first, need to know if you are qt.

Its probably glued open

Not a chance, cumslinging cuntbubble.

I've used Seltzer water before, but it was only on a little bit of glue and it was on the carpet

Nohomo?

heck yeah you fence post fondler

Use bleach and ammonia

I'm not your buddy, guy

Go feed on bugs you fishslapping dickmongerer.

I'm not your guy, friend

consume that bowl of poop, you smegma coated dildo hammer.

Pl premium laughs at seltzer water, after nuclear annihilation, PL will survive with the roaches

That's a shitty way for the door to be on, use a razor blaze abd goof off to get off the glue, everyone probably right with the plastic anchors into the tile as the thing that will hold it best, also some pl or liquid nails type shit for extra insurance who knows what they used for glue

Easy soak it in rubbing alcohol l and scrape it off with a razor blade

I'll shove it in your mommy's ass, you chub-choking tardcart.

Best answer.

Scrape as much of that crap off 1st before you go and smear it up with a solvent.

>cheaper
>faster
>cleaner