How bad is your tinnitus Sup Forums?

How bad is your tinnitus Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AqGx4bEP34k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's getting there.

I don't notice it all that much except when I'm trying to sleep, so not all that bad

I have 2 types.
The one that sound like cicadas, it's very faint and I only hear it in quiet when I focus on it.
I also have pulsatile tinnitus, which only gets bad when I'm stressed.

how do i know if i have tinnitus guys, i don't want to loose my hearing and become a faggot forever

For some reason I only have a significant amount in my right ear, though I only notice wit in quiet rooms. I also feel like throughout the day the type of sound I hear changes.

Do you hear a ringing or high pitched tone when there isn't any?
Congrats you have tinnitus

o fuck

Surprisingly little considering I had my headphones cranked a lot when I was in high school. Just a mild whine that I have to really focus on in a silent room to notice.

mine kinda sounds like this if it was softer and put pretty low [spoiler] Its actually kinda nice to focus on in a quiet room[/spoiler]

youtu.be/AqGx4bEP34k

It's not too bad, tiny bit of white noise in quiet rooms but I otherwise don't notice it.

Everyone knows you're not a real Sup Forumstant unless you have at least a LITTLE tinnitus.

what

I SAID, HOW'S YOUR TINNITUS Sup Forums

what

it aint good, it aint bad
huge pain in the ass when I'm stressed or having trouble sleeping.
probably notice it 50% of the time when I'm listening on headphones, which really really sucks

I've listened to music at high volumes for years but no tinnitus as far as I can tell. Just some minor hearing loss.

It's subtle. It's a high-pitched ringing that I can only really hear in total silence.

I only hear it when I use earplugs.

Yeah this, it's manageable. I really hope it doesn't get worse when I get older, I'm trying to watch the volume now.

This, not too bad but it occasionally flares up a bit

Very high pitch ringing, sometimes when I think about it too much I crack. I listen on high volume to drown it out, but it makes it worse as time goes on.

Occasionally really flares up. Did mdma a week ago, had ringing in one ear the whole next two days, no clue why specifically.

oooowwwwwwwwwwOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWwwwwww......

Doesn't everyone have a slight high pitched ring at all times? I've noticed a really really high pitched sound since I was like 4.

cool you have tinnitus

It's not normal.
You are not born with it.

It's uncurable.

Mine isn't too bad considering I got it from an incident that could have made me deaf in one ear.

It's like i'm listening to Sunn O)))'s Grimmrobe Demos all day

Bad enough to scare me off using headphones

it's hard to sleep at times I try to limit my intake of sugar throughout the day to curb it

Only occasionally get short one when I go to shows

I listen to music with speakers

it gets real bad when there is no noise

otherwise it's drowned out pretty well

when I was a kid I asked him if everyone else heard "deers crying" in the background, he seemed pretty confused

my dad*

You have my condolences

I don't think I have tinnitus but it's very possible there's a slight ring and I don't even notice it because I've had it for so long?

What's bass tinnitus like?

It's only there when i remember about it.
BTW fuck you OP for reminding me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Never had tinnitus until I went to a My Bloody Valentine concert and stood riiiight by the speakers. Never gone to this day.

Even with heavy-duty earplugs, to note. Absolute madman I was with took them out and has had severe hearing damage ever since.

when i cover my ears with my fingers i can hear it

also when it's quiet

fuck you op for making me realise

ITT:

Everyone on their computers, hearing a ringing from their processor, thinking that they have tinnitus because this board is full of fucking morons.

Noticed tinnitus earlier in the year.
Went to a concert last week without hearing protection and sorely regret it, it has flared up.

I used to cherish silence and now I'll never experience true silence again because my left ear fucking rings all the goddamn time

>How to spot someone who doesn't listen to music

Same.

I only notice it when I'm trying to sleep, so I always keep a fan on, even in winter

>tfw me and my friends would listen to In Utero on full blast on my stereo all the time
>tfw we liked to sit right next to the speakers, especially during the loud songs

I have a constant dull ringing in my skull. Can't sleep. It's been 17 years since those times but God damn. Can't even listen to music without cranking up the volume so I can hear it.

i feel like most everyone on mu says they have tinnitus to look cool and unique but dont actually know what it is or what it feels like

This, but I take ventolin daily also, which causes Tinnitus

The only time I listen to really loud music is when i'm on the bus or something, and that's more go block out other people. Would having noise-cancelling headphones help? I don't want to fuck up my hearing for the sake of not listening to other people

Nonexistent because I wear earplugs at shows 99% of the time.

I feel like you have your head up your own ass.

What the fuck are you people doing to your ears?
It actually kind of hurts my ears when music is too loud so i never raise the volume to dangerous levels. Do you people really not notice when it's ear damage tier volume?

>99% of the time
>1% of the time without it
You gonna get it mang.
all it takes is 15 mins exposure at 99dB
There is even a chance at softer levels.

No idea about tinnitus but when exposed to loud sudden noises like a dog barking several times in a row I'll hear a "sweep" on my left ear and it continues until the noise is over. I want to believe I'm not the only one that experienced that sweeping effect.

The point of damage occurs at levels much softer than the threshold of pain.

Just get closed headphones. I got Sennheiser 380 Pro the other day, which are closed, and i usually go grocery shopping wearing them and listening to music. I don't hear a single thing and it always startles me when i take them off at the checkout and i suddenly hear the super market radio and freezers buzzing and beeping of cash registers etc.

It's fine because I take care of myself.

Honestly this is the worst part, it's tolerable but the worst part is the psychological aspect that you have to accept the fact you're never going to hear silence again

I think I have it and some hearing loss from an ear infection that wasn't treated properly. I get a lot of ear infections, it's quite annoying. Would ear plugs for shows be advisable?

I don't know what complete silence sounds like, but I only got it mild
I listen to music constantly throughout day and night so it doesn't really bother me

anyone else had mild tinnitus their whole life? I don't even know how I got it but I remember as a kid I'd hate being alone in cars because the ringing would be the worst there

It's not that bad honestly. I got lucky, I don't have a high pitched ringing, more of a soft fuzzy feedback sound. Also not that loud and the same volume in both ears.

When I first realised I had it though I went fucking nuts for about a week. Literally could not sleep without listening to rain sounds on youtube

I listened to music on earbuds alot in high school, and occasionally ringing would come
I quit using the earbuds and after a few months it went away.
I cant hear well now though

No, but I do remember when loud sounds used to hurt.
>Go to firing range
>There's some guy firing goddamn 5.56 right beside my head
>All i'm wearing is wimpy earplugs and I think "it's not THAT loud"
That's no good

Think I had it since I was 13 or something.
You just get used to it I guess.
I think no matter how loud your tinnitus is, if you dont focus on it you dont really hear it.

Wtf, same here. I always hated that. I tried explaining it when I was young, but people told me there was no way it was tinnitus.

yeah as I kid I remember thinking the ringing was just the default state of quietness

Had it since a child.
Listened to it every night in bed.
Thought it was normal, like that slight static you see in the complete dark.
Being the hypochondriac that I am, I though it was cancer a few times.
Now I very rarely notice it.

Pretty much this, but when I try to study I hear it and it's quite annoying
I always have to study with music

People who wear earplugs to shows: what kind of plugs do you wear? Is it those shitty foam ones you can get at Walmart or is there something better out there? I wanna go see Dinosaur Jr. later this year but I'm worried because everyone says how loud their shows are. It's at a small venue too, which doesn't help.

I've had it as long as I can remember. It's gotten worse since i started playing in bands and going to shows but I always wear earplugs so that helps. On occasion my ears will ring loudly for a few seconds but other than that it's mostly this scratchy sound that feels like it's right inside of my head rather than like I'm hearing it in my ears. It comes and goes. Overall I'm used to it though.

The worst part is being somewhere loud and not having any earplugs on me. Or being somewhere that most people wouldn't consider all that loud but you still want to put earplugs in and know that if anyone sees they will ridicule you for it and think you're crazy.

>like that slight static you see in the complete dark.

Yeah, what the fuck is that anyway? I see something like a faint blue haze when it's total dark. Closing and opening my eyes makes no difference.

I use these,they are made for concerts and it works pretty well

the green ones they sell by the pharmacy
the orange ones they sell in the hunting goods department are a bit too much

Reusable pair of 'high fidelity' earplugs for ~$15 on amazon. Can't say they're any better than the foam ones, but they're clear and low profile. Probably wanna find ones with a really good db reduction for that show though

don't have it because I'm not a fucking idiot who goes to concerts without ear plugs and fucks whores without condoms
enjoy your hearing AIDS, faggots

i don't feel pain

...how can you *not* know?

It causes problems.

Are there any ear plugs I can wear at concerts that most minimally diminish the clarity of the sound while also getting rid of the white noise, static-like buzzing due to how loud the sound source is?

Got tinnitus 5 years ago, it is only getting worse from day to day right now my ringing noise is like having a jet engine in my head, but I don't give a single fuck I got custom earplugs (-30dB) and I still attend to live concerts and going out every weekend night for a drink in places with loud electro music, I only avoid the usage of headphones

went to the eye doc as i have depersonalization and was panicking the fuck out because i have slight earhumming and eyestatic and was haunted by the thought that i would experience sound and vision till the day i die without any breaks to rest my brain. doc said the liquid in your eyes is lumping up in cute lil lumps. might go away after a few years, might not. isnt harmful at all

have fun suiciding in a couple years desu

I've had it since I was born. It doesn't bother me because it's all I've ever known.

I never escape

>tfw in the downward spiral of needing to play louder and louder to compensate making the damage come on even faster

Same

You should still be careful, it can get much worse.

will using headphones make my tinnitus worse over time? I stick to reasonable volumes and my pair are open.

Reminder to bring hearing protection to shows. It makes the whole experience better and you can hear people talk once you leave.

No. In fact, it's better than using speakers. Maybe not so much for open headphones, but the isolation lets the music be set quieter and still sound louder and clearer than speakers, since there's less noise drowning out the music.

Listening to music in the car is the worst. Setting it to an enjoyable level I can hear clearly hurts my ears. All the road noise makes it sound quiet, until i get off the highway and park, then realize the music is blasting too loud.

I think its an urban vs rural envoirmment thing. I live in a big city and some of my uni friends came from rural villages; I have tinnitus, they don't. They feel pain when music is too loud, I don't.

Ok so I have a mild case that I don't really give a shit about but there is one thing that's bugging me.
Whenever I am listening to something on my good headphones, when the sound stops the ringing comes like a train, and then fades out to a tolerable level (barely hearable). I wonder if anybody else has this "recoil"

I've heard many people say tinnitus doesn't go away but, hand on my heart, it's gotten better over time for me. Used to be unbearable. Now it's not nearly so bad.

Fucking this.
I started using white noise (iPod nano connected to a clock radio) and that did the trick. Plus I'm a light sleeper anyway so it helps keep that from being a problem.

I was retarded as a kid when I got my first CD player and always played it at irresponsible volume levels.