PWR BTTM, is it a witch hunt?

Like a month ago, after hearing a lot of good things about PWR BTTM I finally checked out their music, and turns out it's great.

Then the shit hit the fan. jezebel.com/member-of-queer-punk-band-pwr-bttm-accused-of-sexual-as-1795132781

I'm dumbstruck. The more I read, the more true and false the whole story gets. Reports of multiple victims. The main victim had an ongoing thing with Ben and then decided it was assault after the fact.

Michael from Swans gets accused of rape, he denies it, moves on with his career. Varg from Burzum is a bonafide murderer and racist, still making records. One person writes a post about another person's alleged experience, PWR BTTM's career is over. What the fuck?

TL;DR I'm asking fans, ex-fans, and onlookers; do you believe the accusations? Is it right for their entire career to just die? Can Liv kick out Ben and start something new a year from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5607-travistan/
youtube.com/watch?v=b1tl_Xc03Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shameless Self Bump

PWR BTTM has a witch-hunt SJW fanbase. The accusations are definitely false but their fans never cared about the music anyway. They wanted the band as a fashion accessory to signal they're hip to queer punk but now someone has decided to trump up some nonsense hearsay they've been sold out by their own fans. Their fans are the kind of people who get off a little when they scold others for liking the "wifebeater" John Lennon

>"wifebeater"
what did you mean by this

John Lenon beat Yoko

That makes a lot of sense. I just like their music, fuck the politics. I guess I'm in a minority of their fanbase.

Separate question, are all artist who actively court SJWs as fans doomed to fall prey to a witch hunt?

i'm inquiring about the air quotes

I still care about this. It's wrong what happened to these two. It's fucked up and yes you should care because you could be next.

I'm waiting for them to press charges and fight for survival. You only get a few shots at success in life. To have that stolen from them is ducking criminal.

>fans

Why do you people keep coming here like mu is filled with sjw's who would like that garbage?

Their main audience was hyper sjw's from twitter and tumbler that think breathing is rape.

We just liked laughing at them and their downfall.

I dont even care if it was a set up, that whole sjw mentality is poison and im glad they never made it to ruin rock music with safe spaces and other faggotry.

Their music wasnt even ground breaking, you could hear the same at a warp tour in the late 90's, they were only being promoted because of their identity by liberal music publications

kek

he didn't.
he never laid a hand on Yoko.
He had a physical altercation with his previous wife Cynthia in front of of their son Julian. (both parties being violent)
When Julian mentioned this to the press, they exploded and proclaimed John a serial abuser

It does seem really coincidental that these accusations came to light right before their new album came out. It's like crabs pulling each other down in a pot. A couple of queers start to get famous so some other LGBTQ has to fling shit.

Okay. That's nice. Thank you for sharing.

Like how many time does it have to be knocked into your stupid head that varg and swan fans werent pretending to be righteous paragons of virtue.
The type of people who listen to burzum like varg because he is an insane racist murderer.
Have you even read about the 90's black metal scene?

>The scene had an ideology and ethos and was likened to a cult, with the core members referring to themselves as "The Black Circle" or "Black Metal Inner Circle". It consisted primarily of young men, many of whom gathered at the record shop Helvete ("Hell") in Oslo. In interviews, they voiced extreme anti-Christian and misanthropic views, presenting themselves as genuine Satanists who wanted to spread terror, hatred and evil. They adopted pseudonyms and appeared in photographs wearing 'corpse paint' and wielding medieval weaponry. The scene was exclusive and created boundaries around itself, incorporating only those it deemed to be "true" or committed. Musical integrity was highly important and artists wanted black metal to remain underground and uncorrupted.

They cultivated a scene that preached inclusivity, so they were already done the second all the allegations came out. When your online culture exists only to send baseless accusations and threats something like this is bound to happen.
I think Liv has a chance at making out of this unscathed (people will probably bitch that she was aiding an "abuser") but Ben's career is over.

I bet you believe everything Lou Reed says in interviews

Lennon basically admitted in an interview he can only get off by beating defenseless women to a pulp. and when yoko wasn't around he'd torture small animals, insects.

I have read about the scene. I do listen to his music, but I don't like his politics or beliefs. While Varg's career started with that small group described in you passage, we wouldn't know who the fuck he is if his music hadn't been discovered by scores of other people outside all scene.

I hope so cause Liv is probably the best part of the band. Plus, Liv has built in excuses. 'Ben told me it was all lies', 'I didn't want to believe it', 'I feared that my dream would fall apart because of the actions of someone else'

What did Mr. Reed use to say?

Let's see some proof.

Lots of things were set on fire and lots of people were killed.

Anyways, pwwrbttm cultivated a fanbase of sjw's, and if you have a sjw fanbase you have to live up to their insane standards of purity,

metal is about extremism, varg stabs a dude and metal fans think its bad ass.

>onlookers; do you believe the accusations?
I didn't 100% believe it until after several days went by and they still never denied the allegations.
I don't care if they're careers are dead now because they deserve it whether the guy did it or not. Because even if he didn't do it, they deserve it for being so fucking stupid and just letting their careers burn down to the ground without doing anything.

You're right. It was a shitty comparison to make. But look at Gaza. A great Sludge Hardcore band out of Utah formed by former Mormons who write deeply anti-christian lyrics. You couldn't write a better metal band origin story. Then the lead singer gets accused of rape. The band kicks him out, shuffles around some members, and becomes Cult Leader.

So even Metal isn't free from SJW witch hunt bullshit.

A thought occurred to me just now. Is it a level of fame thing? You have to cross an invisible line of famousness at which point your career can withstand a rape accusation, true or not?

I thought they issued a denial pretty quickly? Granted I'm reading everything after the fact, so I didn't watch it unfold.

it's a race thing

Took them 4 days

their fans were mostly twitter leftists, to which 20 minutes is an aeon

>hardcore band
>metal
Punk faggots arent metal

quickly but way later then they should have, plus they preceded it with that "call us or email us if ben raped you" bullshit and then the actual apology was terrible. I don't think Ben did it and it seems like a "album is coming out soon" issue, but they bungled the whole operation of this thing and I think it cost them their career.

So did he assault a women or a man?

After a couple hours it got big, they basically just made a post on their facebook saying like "hey if you feel like you were sexually harassed, email us." NO (zero) denying of rape allegations (this is the retarded part)

Then for the next like 4 days
>concert ticket refunds
>bands who toured with them are saying sexual harassment happened
>currently touring band opening for the band DROP OUT
>NEW SOLD ALBUM refunds
>DROPPED from their fucking label
>the worst press ever fucking seen
>they still remained SILENT

And only THEN, once their careers were fucking six feet under, "uh yeah I didn't do that."
They're fucking retarded. I don't even have a horse in the race, but it somehow makes me so heated how some people can be so fucking incompetent.

What? Everyone is Gaza was white. I'm confused.

I guess that's a long time.

Good point.

Listen to Gaza and tell me it isn't Metal. And then suck a dick and die.

I thought that whole email hotline thing sounded weird. What is an "album is coming out soon" issue? Like they were too busy to respond properly?

Idk. Everyone involved is gender non conforming, but they have used female pronouns to describe the victim, but that means nothing with some of these looney toons. It's the "Who's on first" of the 21st century.

no i mean that it's interesting that the accusations came out right as their new album was to be released, almost like it was planned that way

without a doubt, the allegations obviously came out in response to the band's highest commercial and critical peak so far. honestly if i had been wronged by a band, i'd probably try to fuck them up at the most opportune time like that

>highest commercial/critical peak
>shit ass band with gay oldheads trying to stay relevant
fucking nobody-ass, p4k core band with literally dozens of fans suddenly gets media attention. this was prob best thing to happen for their career.

>nobody ass

Maybe if you only listen to top 40. They were a name floating around several scenes

btw their music is bad, their fan base is insufferable and I've heard from several people even before the allegations the alleged rapist is a secretly straight dickhead who uses his rockstar cred to sleep with people

are you dumb?

kys.
>their name was floating around several scenes.
>rockstar cred
Yeah fucking p4k and the gloryhole at the public park were all about pwr bttm. get your head out of your fucking ass

I suppose that is the big take away from this whole shit show. That there is a right way to respond to allegations like this and PWR BTTM did not do it the right way.

The initial 'victim' might have been wronged by the band, or a jilted lover, but the person who wrote the post and who has done most of the talking probably wanted to drag down the band because she thinks only a few LGBTQ artist can be big at a time. It's like how the media pits female popstars against each other, like there is a finite number we can have at a time.

I would actually probably believe that. Especially with the 'victim' seeming to be female.

just cuz p4k sucks their cock doesn't mean shit. Their second album "The album debuted on the UK Indie Chart at no.46"
46 on uk indie charts, wooooooo fucking they were on fire

>literally dozens of fans
this is demonstrably false
just unclench

I can't look at pictures of these guys without feeling like I'm about to throw up

You know nothing about any scenes and are spoonfed by big publications. I'm sorry you will never enjoy a non Sup Forumscore album in your entire life you stupid reddit drone

My bad. i didn't realize all 13 of thier fans were on the board. 14th poster is me so don't count me in. i am just sick of seeing these fucking threads

k just keep living in your bubble then, dumdum

That's relatively big though

Shit like Front Bottoms and Mac Demarco were on that level a few years ago

MUH PWR BTTM

As much as I think it is a misguided shithole filled with idiots, p4k can launch people's careers.
Take for example Grimes

Clever, but that means nothing.

you fucking faggots are delusional. salad days, Demarcos second album

Salad Days debuted at number 30 on the Billboard 200 and number 11 on Top Rock Albums, selling 10,000 copies in its first week

the opposite is also true
just ask travis morrison

But what did 2 and rock n Roll night club come on

They suck and it's what they get for pandering to intersectional faggots.

it means all dozen of you can stop makign threads about a band that might have gained some traction but are literal nobodys until this incident. go to fucking jezebel if you wanna talk with some more pretentious hipsters with shit taste

>stop discussing music and musicians on a music board

2 his debut album still did better and Rock and Roll was not a full LP
like the faggots getting butthurt in this thread

how about discussing some consequential albums. there was a couple threads about this bullshit the past few days, which is more attention than should be given to this bs. if you wanna discuss sjw favorite bands endlessly go to plebbit or tumblr.

I love the Dismemberment Plan. But can you blame p4k for them not taking off?

If I went to Jezebel I'd get yelled at for being a rape apologist. So I decided to come here and get ridiculed for having faggoty taste in music. Narrow mindedness is universal I guess.
You realize you can close the tab and stop looking at this thread at any moment?
If anything you're bumping the thread you want to go away.

oh no I mean this
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5607-travistan/
what makes music consequential?

i am sick of seeing their fucking gay ass faces all over the board and cancerous summerfags diluting the board with this pleb tier band and the tabloid gossip

Not tabloid rape stories pushed by jezebel, p4k, and teenagers with no music taste

Sometimes I think that after p4k kisses someone's ass for long enough, they have to tear them down. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop for Kanye, and Bon Iver for that matter.

What's good music then oh great sage? I've put my opinion out there, you shit all over it, but have offered nothing of your self like a cowardly little boy. Are you going to say the Beatles? Best band of all time. How about Bob Dylan? He's great. Death Grips? Love 'em. Kanye? A genius.

are you sure you just don't like them because they're gay? it keeps coming back to that

>reddit
everyone's opinion is valid there and is a safespace for the couple dozen other fans. i suggest trying there

It seems like you're the one who wants Sup Forums to be your safespace. A few people talk about something you don't like and you lose your shit. We aren't buttfucking on your living room floor. Calm down.

nice try. i am a faggot though, both in a literal and Sup Forums sense
your opinion is just pwr bttm? if you want to start a real music discussion then make a thread/contribute to one instead of indulging the 5th thread about this bs the past 24 hours.

Kanye could release an album of fart sounds and p4k will give it a ten.

literally been a thread about this since this shit came out. not music discussion,

If you had reading comprehension skills you'd see that I have expressed interest in
PWR BTTM
Burzum
Swans
Gaza
The Dismemberment Plan
The Beatles
Bob Dylan
Death Grips
Kanye West

You, on the other hand, dodged the question and offered nothing, again. It's okay, you don't have to share with the whole class, I know it's scary.

You might be right.

Then you should have kept scrolling.

learn 2 hide threads

I dont remember varg ever saying that his music is for the queer community and if he ever did a live show it would be a safe space for the marginalized.
youtube.com/watch?v=b1tl_Xc03Sg

My sexuality doesn't define every aspect of my being to such a degree that every piece of media I take in has to agree with it. That's how the weak minded behave. And safe spaces are bullshit.

>anonymous posting
>couldn't you tell i was the one posting safe Sup Forumscore bands in the thread?
i didn't dodge the question. its unrelated to the thread. this thread is about a shit band that 12 summerfags can't stop posting about. i joined the thread to discuss why its a stage 4 cancerthread that keeps metastasizing on the board and why you are all faggots for discussing this nobody band

Thats what pwwrbttm is, its just an identity being sold to mentally ill tumbelrites who larp as gay people so they can get offended at everything.

The black metal scene varg comes from was legit made around the idea of being extreme, evil, and hate filled as possible.

Its the complete oppiste of these faggots

Okay. Your opinion is noted and considered. Thank you for shining your light on us. I've just always held the belief that to criticize without offering an alternative is pointless.
- I like Alien. It's a good movie.
- Alien sucks.
- What do you like then?
- Not Alien.

I guess I'm weird for liking the music and ignoring all the other bullshit that surrounds it, but now that other bullshit is going to drag down and stop the music.

And while I like black metal, the pure evil angle rings hollow when so many black metal bands still make and sell records, sell tshirts, go on tour. Somewhere along the line evil took a backseat to making money. And that's fine. It's just that the evil starts to seem silly. Abbath realized that a while ago and embraced silly.

Young guys have heard enough "horrific stories" from these SJW women now to know how crazy and unhinged SJW women are. They will ruin a life just for the temporary social capital that comes with it. They will lie. They will manipulate. They don't care.

If you hook up with a drunken SJW snowflake these days you deserve every character assassination and misery that is coming your way.

Men will continue to be destroyed by the Politics of Peace until you finally learn. Learn now or learn bitterly later on.

Your call, lads.

the title of the thread was discussing "OMG did you hear about the rape accusations? do you think they did it?"
this thread was never about music discussion and my point that all the media attention these nobodies got was probably good for them. to your point it is like discussing aliens through the lens of what jodie foster wore the the oscars. if you wanna talk gossip and tabloids then go to jezebel.

If only there was a way for men to have sex without women involved.

Fair point about the attention helping their career in the long run. I hadn't considered that.

But do you really stick to the title or origin of the thread like an SAT prompt? Conversations move and evolve.

Also, I wrote Alien, but I think you read Contact.

oh sorry if you could point me to the previous discussion of their music and not the rape accusations i would be happy to join. because after my post all i got was whining autists defending a shit band like they needed a continuous week long thread chain for the merits of their music

They were caught in a lose-lose situation with their shitty fanbase. The SJW lose their minds at the denial of a rape accusation and equate it to 'victim blaming'. Refer to Twitter for their fanbase's disgusted response to the eventual denial.

They were fucked as soon as the complaint was made but should have cut their losses by calling her a liar straight up.

>They were caught in a lose-lose situation with their shitty fanbase.

implying it's only their fanbase that's like this.

vietcong and andrew jackson jihad want to say hi.

it's the left itself that is like this. they eat their own for sport and refuse to admit it. every leftist thinks that being the most outraged person in the room is being the most understanding by proxy. you're doomed if you rely on these people for a fan base.

Nigga this is the first thread on the topic in around 4 days, it died down. Plus, the whole thing exploded before summer started, so stop resorting to the summering bullshit

Discussing musical artists and events surrounding them is still music related, lad

that would be probably the worst time to do this if it was planned
in most cases it would be too late to stop the hype
if it happened a few weeks earlier, the album probably wouldnt get released at all

also even pwr bttm confirmed that the accusation have been going on for months before the whole situation exploded

If you think it's acceptable for any band or for that matter any person to have their careers ruined by literal LIES, if you scoff and say "serves them right for dealing with sjws" like "SJWs" are some tiny cult of terrorists (and they certainly are at least that), then you are no better than the Muslims who supported the Charlie Hebdo murders because it "serves him right" for messing with sacred symbols.

You are saying the world should bow to criminals. That criminals are not to be judged but rather their victims blamed for messing with criminals, "serves them right!" right? And that as long as you're not the victim, you can laugh. Until you are.

this is all anybody in this thread needs to read right here

I was Lulzy, Josh the Fabulous F5er, etc. on BV. I'm the sole reason they decided to end anonymous commenting last year.

AMA