Is it the most comfy movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BG33zECv8dc
youtube.com/watch?v=8faq5amdK30
youtube.com/watch?v=rT7AH4JyuNs
youtube.com/watch?v=TlzEk5V56BI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

paranoia kino

i have never seen that. should i go watch it?

best horror film ever imo

It's so good that it's almost universally praised even on Sup Forums

I AIN'T GOING WITH WINDOWS

>threatening uneasy atmosphere
>constant paranoia
>'comfy'

careful those edges dont cut anyone

is the remake / fake prequel worth it?
i heard it bends the rules and generally sucks, but if you're just looking for a few fun scenes, is it tolerable?

I watched that on blu ray last year and it was amazing.

>tfw you're norwegian and the entire movie gets spoiled in the first 10 seconds of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=BG33zECv8dc

It's not a terrible movie on it's own, it's just nowhere near as good as the '82 version.

Nice buzzword

it's pretty bad
it has worse special effects than the 1982 one, has a stronk female protagonist who is smarter and better than any other male character, The Thing acts like a retard and generic slasher horror movie villain instead of the cunning alien life form it was in the original.
And they tied it to the original in the shittiest way possible (hurr, here's a random dog that was never seen in the film, and a random chopper arrives, it's a prequel - we swear!)

What does the Norwegian guy say to them?

Yeah it's worth a watch. I was just upset learning they made the entire movie with animatronics and props only to have a suit come in last second and make them put cgi over everything

>What does the Norwegian guy say to them?
something like ''get away idiots, it's not a dog, it's some kind of thing''

Yes, just try not to read too much into it before you do, most of the entertainment comes from the surprise.

Doesn't really spoil the whole movie. Only up to the part that it assimilates the first guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8faq5amdK30

Not at all. Its fucking excellent, but it is far from comfy.

Hey fuck you, Palmer! Who days I wanna go with you?

>Somebody in this board ain't what he appears to be. Right now that may be one or two of us. By spring, it could be all of us.

So, how do we know who's human? If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really me?

Yes.

Getting drunk and watching The Thing during a blizzard is literally the most comfy thing ever.

I always liked this video tribute.

youtube.com/watch?v=rT7AH4JyuNs

>tfw the thing is one of the most powerful creatures in all of fiction

Could superman beat the thing?

depends if superman can detect imitations

>Carpenter comfy levels.

BTiLC>theThing

I'm not familiar with superman lore, can he?

He has telescopic vision, he'd be able to see the mutated cells.

who fucking knows
it's not like there's a Thing in DC universe

If the thing doesn't breathe I'm positive he'd notice.

It could regenerate from a single molecule. It's effectively unkillable

I could have sworn there was a creature similar to the thing in the DC universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlzEk5V56BI

It does breathe. That theory is complete bullshit.

Did anybody see Harbinger Down? I was quite hyped for that then forgot all about it

It was pretty boring, and the special effects were entirely mediocre. Even based Henriksen couldn't save it.

Is this the comfiest '''bad guy'''?

Stop misusing comfy.

Fresh off the boat from reddit, huh kid?

He could vaporize it with lazer eyes, or just throw it into the sun. Superman is crazy overpowered.

It pretends to

that's a shame

There's nothing comfy at all about that creepy movie. It's awesome but not comfy.

Is there a single fucking scene in the film that shows it superficially mimics body functions? Because there's an example of something completely different, which is Norris suffering from a heart attack. It mimics an organism so perfectly it replicates flaws and has to play by its rules - at least until it's threatened and reveals itself.

This.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I said.

Look at this comfiness.

It's kind of obvious that the dog is not what it seems, given the movie is called "The Thing", the Norwegians were trying to kill it, and shots linger on it for ages.

I think you're right, but that it didn't realise that it was 'copying' a defective organism until it was too late.

yeah but what if it got loose in human populations, and spread uncontrollably, could he contain it?

Macready has been sitting for a while next to a fire, he's covered yet he's fucking gasping for air. Child's coming straight from the fieldd, yet he has no signs of frosting or anything, his breath is perfectly slow and regular, too faint even. It's not after he sits down while MacReady has been blowing air up the whole scene that he starts somewhat panting, as if sitting down is tiring.

"YEAH, AND FUCK YOU TOO!"

>BOOOOOOOOOM

>Sounds of burning off in the distance

Anytime, user, anytime.

Yeah, it's kinda comfy for the better part of five maybe ten minutes, then it's not.

I remember when I was a lot younger nearly laughing myself sick at the SA review of the Thing videogame, can't believe it's stuck in my head so long

>WHY NOT JOIN ME AND MY SQUAD OF PUKING RETARDS

>Macready has been sitting for a while next to a fire, he's covered yet he's fucking gasping for air. Child's coming straight from the fieldd, yet he has no signs of frosting or anything, his breath is perfectly slow and regular, too faint even. It's not after he sits down while MacReady has been blowing air up the whole scene that he starts somewhat panting, as if sitting down is tiring.

Complete fucking nonsense.

>Heavy breathing

WINDOWS, WHERE WERE YOU?

"You the only one who made it?"

"Not the only one."

MIGHT AS WELL CALL IT PUKE AND FUSES

"Did you kill it?"

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ROSIE O'DONNELL.

The whole point of the ending is that it is deliberately left open. It plays to the audience's sense of paranoia kindled throughout the events of the movie.

Every bit of legitimate 'evidence' against Childs only serves to deepen the mystery without giving a definite answer, and that's the way it should be.

"Where were you, Childs?"

"Thought I saw the Blair. Went out after him. Got lost in the storm."

>Muffled sitting and grunting

>The Thing
>comfy

Pick one.

A movie about an alien monstter that can replicate and disguise itself as anyone slowly murdering a group of people stuck in a frozen hellscape is not comfy. It is however great.

"Heheh."

What's SA?

"Fire's got the temperature up all over the camp."

I'm glad it's not just me

"Won't last long, though."

"Neither will we."

"How will we make it?"

"Maybe we shouldn't."

>those comfy 80's synths in the main theme
How can something so paranoia inducing be so cozy at the same time, shit's incredible

"If you're worried about me..."

"If we've got any surprises for each other..."

It's a good commercial for J&B scotch

"...I don't think we're in much shape to do anything about it."

>Raises eyebrows

It's a film about a bunch of people stuck somewhere due to a blizzard. There is some inherent comfy in that.

Also, it's such a classic/pure kino that anyone should have seen it like 100 times already. The average viewing experience is more "endless stream of memorable scenes, cool quotes, and nostalgia" and less "spooky movie".

"Well..."

Could the thing have been engineered as a biological weapon that got loose?

"...What do we do?"

pontypool is comfier horror movie

but i agree, the thing is very comfy

"Why don't we just..."

>Palpable exhalation that obscures primary character

"...wait here for a little while..."

>Pregnant pause accompanied by subtle music stinger

"...see what happens."

>Nod and visible exhalation thus disproving the notion Childs is a Thing due to his breath not being visible, it clearly is watch the fucking scene

>Second visible exhalation mere seconds after the first, thus further disproving the Childs-Thing-breath theory

>Leans forward to hand bottle that is not full of gasoline, but alcohol