Sup Forums what religion are you?

Sup Forums what religion are you?
& why not a Unitarian Universalist?

leave.

But why?
This is a place of spiritual enlightenment.
& Unitarian Universalists accept every kind.
Even kitties.

I am a Taoist.
Not exactly a religion, more of a philosophy, though there are Taoist offshoots of some religions (Taoist Buddhism, for example). I am quite fond of the Aesir, though I am not a practicing Odinist. Which is not to say that I lack faith in the Runes, quite the opposite in fact. I do, however, feel that using such things (or any prayer for that matter) to beseech the highest powers to alter the plan and the order to suit my meager desires is wholly inappropriate.

You shouldn't feel confined to finding your own spiritual path. Just because others have paved a way doesn't mean it's absolute. For all you know Odin is a muslim convert now thousands of years of wrong doing.

confined in* not to sorry.

>There's actual Religion nuts on SL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm a practicing Asatruar/Odinist

Oh there are a lot of religious people on SL. Sunday & Wednesday are great for Christians. Wiccans meet nightly. There's even an atheist church.

Forgot pic.

Last Sunday had like 39 people in attendance. I was lucky the Pastor didn't kick me for triggering the pregnant lady.

i was hanging out in satanic church for fun. also there was a mosque and muslim community. women wearing burqa and avoiding male avatars doesn't talk to them etc

>You shouldn't feel confined to finding your own spiritual path
The Tao is all things. All paths and all concepts.

Wait...let me start over:
"Tao" is just a word. It is a word used to describe the absolute totality. All things that are, were, will be, and won't be. The Tao that did not contain Muslims would not be the true Tao, we know this because Muslims exist. The Tao that did not contain Christians would not be the true Tao. We know this because Christians exist. But the *true* Tao is not something that can be explained by such a confining and limited tool as human language. As the Tao Te Ching says
"The moment one opens his mouth to speak of the Tao, he misses the mark entirely."

Take for example the word "dog".
Now think of a dog.
Now think of a particular dog that you know.
How much information about that dog that you know is actually conveyed by the word "dog"? Describing the universe with such a small tool as verbal and written language is an abject impossibility. The words of the Tao Te Ching are not a description of the Tao, they are arrows pointing away at a distant concept. In the same way that I cannot bring the moon down from the heavens and put it in front of you but I can point at it and cause you to see it, I cannot describe the Tao to you, but the sayings of wisdom within the Tao Te Ching can point your mind toward it.

celtic pagan, ama

The Satan Church and the Evil Jesus Church are fun. Haven't went to a Muslim one yet. These more odd ball religions are much more accepting of avatars. Christians tend to kick non-humans. Think of this guys feelings of empowerment being able to discuss his philosophy and spirituality as a dragon.

Well. Since my only dealings with dogs are as their intended use of hunting/worker dogs. I'd say the word dog covers the dog perfectly. I can't stand dogs as pets.

[18:55] maesidoe (jamaesi): disabled people are also charged more for car repairs
>mfw wondering why the muslim woman knows this

Anyone wanna e-date this beautiful gem?

>hunting/worker dogs. I'd say the word dog covers the dog perfectly.
Then why did you need the words "hunting" and "worker"?

Because most people only know of dogs as pets.

the definition of the word 'catholic' (small c)

is "universal"

Exactly.
"Dog" does not convey "worker", "hunting", or "pet". Your use of the word "dog" has not conveyed to me what breed it was, what color, its disposition, its sex, its age, its weight, and so on and so forth. Only the fact that it is "a dog" which applies to everything from a teacup pomeranian to pic related.

Alright then the word dog means abomination, to me. Not breed, size, etc. But a poor creature mankind has corrupted from its evolved form into the abominations we desired.

You're right, I did not know that off hand. Looked it up on wiki. Its fitting since God was an alien.

Oh yes...the poor dog. Has it so much worse than the dairy cow and horse.

Who said they weren't abominations as well?
Plus side, they don't get fucked by humans as often.
Horses are actually better taken care of than the others.

Which is yet another limitation of language, the connotation of words varies from person to person. Thus
"The Tao that can be expressed in words is not the true Tao."

If human language has trouble with something as common and familiar as dogs, the idea of trying to describe god or all of existence with that same language is an exercise in futility.