Field day 2017

Who is going?

Anyone else bummed by the clashes between the big acts? Seems like I'll have to skip on everything else I wanted to see to get into Aphex Twin's set.

Any recs for what to go see earlier in the day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOxo4B3we8I
youtube.com/watch?v=qEoRo8rGgVY
youtube.com/watch?v=dAYBi9NSOyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums don't attend concerts/buy music newfeg

Was literally about to make this thread after seeing the post about aphex's set getting livestreamed.

I'm getting in quite late so I'm gonna miss a few people I wanted too see.

What kind of music do you like? there's all sorts you might enjoy there

got excited when i saw Kravitz
>Not Lenny
>Nina?
fuck this show

The other act I really wanted to see was PC music and I was curious about slowdive. I'm cruising the set list on the youtube at the moment for picks. I'll like anything really. You have to nose around on the day to find what's really going off though, dont you?

How early am I going to have to get into the Barn to be sure of getting into AT's set?

Come on, she's like the hottest girl in electronic music.

I'm /bleep/ so I'll probably be gravitating towards the barn, bugged out and The Bandstand most of the day. Mike Paradinas is a good friend of Aphex's he used to make music under the name μ-Ziq - youtube.com/watch?v=UOxo4B3we8I

Could go see death grips if you wanted to be a meme

Gaika is good if you like that kinda stuff - youtube.com/watch?v=qEoRo8rGgVY

I'm gonna try and get in for Nina's set and stay but my friends wanna see a bit of flylo :(

Interesting shit

Anyone else pumped for Silver Apples?

Just checked them out. I am now.

>being this pleb

man. people in this place would really intimidate me. like, i only listen to tears for fears and the police, i'm inferior to them.

>he used to make music under the name μ-Ziq
He still does doesn't he?

She is very talented lad

What is the cheapest why to stay fed and hydrated at this thing? I'm worried that if I bring a bag of nuts or something they'll take it off me so I have to queue 20 mins for a £10 hipster burger.

Never been before, do they tend to have sniffer dogs? Want to toke throughout the day

Probably but he's DJ'ing by his own name there so I just assumed

>No food or drink is permitted into the festival. Only sealed bottles of water up to 1L capacity will be permitted into the event. No other types of drink or unsealed bottles are allowed.

I hope Aphex Twin actually DJs his massive fucking library of music instead of just doing a regular DJ set playing other peoples music.

I want to hear Aphex the producer not Aphex the DJer

godly remix
Paradinas is low-key greatness

troo

I'm going to this, haven't been to any event like this before. What do you think the vibe will be? Will people be doing drugs or nah?

Anyone going to any of the after parties?

I wonder how much Aphex Twin shows are going to be different from one another. Of course interested in listening to his set from NTS but I'm also going to see him at Flow Festival in August tho...

Isn't it a live performance rather than a DJ set? Or have I just misunderstood?

Going to try for kero bonito at the shacklewell, see how I feel when the pills wear off

I'm going to the one in Mangle because it's on til 6am and our train back is at 9, might get some gear in there but can't do pills anymore because i get soul-destroying comedowns

I noticed on the lineup John Hopkins had "dj" next to his name but other artists that dj (Aphex Twin notably) don't. Does anybody know if this means he won't be playing of his own discography?

Jon is known for his live sets where he'll probably be performing his own songs or just making stuff up on the spot, Aphex will most likely just be playing other peoples tracks but probably a bit of his own stuff like he usually does

what do you guys think about death grips?

I can't believe I'm going to see them. They've been my favorite band for like 5 years now.

I heard that sometimes they go really hard but sometimes it's not that crazy. Any idea what songs they are going to play?

I heard them last summer, one of the best shows of my life. Definitely the craziest. Could only recognize about one third of the songs, which spanned from their entire discography. The rest was incomprehensible noise. It was incredible.

that sounds amazing. where was it?

what kind of people where there?

Saw them live just last year. One of the best shows of my life and definitely the craziest. About 1/3 of the music was stuff I recognized spanning their entire discography. The rest was incomprehensible noise. It was awesome. There was a ton of moshing up front too which was fun.

lol, what happened here?

What gave you that idea???

whoops replied twice. Pretty much everyone there was mid 20s male.

Saw them at village underground a few months back, if you are a DG fan you won't be disappointed, such an intense atmosphere

So I've noticed most the artists here are electronic. Are there any other shoegaze bands other than Slowdive playing?

Tbh some of the songs he DJed at Day for Night were better than his own recent works, so I kind of like him as a DJ.

>festival
>drugs

pick two lad

You reckon he will play anything like Xtal or 4?

I doubt it, but taking MDMA or amphetamine and hearing him play Xtal live sounds orgasmic.

it's gonna be orgasmic either way, I just hope the barn isn't gonna be a shit show in terms of letting people in etc.

Apparently his sets gonna last 2 hours so there should be enough time for everyone to see most of it, I really want to see all of FlyLo's set so it will be tight for me

I don't really get it though, shouldn't it there be more hype for this? I mean there are so many good names, it's crazy.

surely they would be searching though

Condom in the bum lad

get a stash lighter or something

Good chance anyone selling inside the festival is plain clothes this year, you've been warned. Field day is super anti-drugs ever since Sydney.

I'm from Sydney and I don't know what you're talking about what happened?

I am going and Come on you cunt lets have some Aphex Acid

Possibly yes. He played Rushup I Bank 12 and Polynomial-C at Texas last year, two of my favourite tracks by him

Even bigger hits incoming for London?

Buying drugs at festivals isn't ideal anyway

Who else is gonna be mangled for aphex?

keep getting dead paranoid that they're gonna do tests before entry.

whats the worst they can do?

drug tests before entry?

yeah boi who isn't gonna be?

They won't do drug tests, thats way too expensive and time consuming, worst case scenario is sniffer dogs

Relax guys when I went field day a couple years back the searching wasn't that bad desu, they did have sniffer dogs though and pulled my mate to the side after he tried to avoid them as he had every drug known to man on him. Didn't find anything as he just cock and balled it

How can we identify fellow Sup Forumstants without revealing out power levels?

I'll be wearing a pepe t shirt so all my Sup Forums homies will spot me and know how hip and cool I am

Forest Swords, then Death Grips, Then Jon Hopkins, Then Arab Strap, Then Flylo, Then Aphex Twink

It's gonna be a good day

I saw them there too, I enjoyed the 2 hours of noise they used as a warmup act.

death classic shirt here

that shepherds tone was rad

Grimes T-Shirt :3

I'm going, Kinda scared of getting shot or blown up tho desu

>fugg now i gotta switch my fit up.

I was thinking to print myself a funny DG shirt
any ideas?

Black goverment plates shirt here

I'll either be in a das racist top or LUM

is it alright to toke up before hand?

is it 'alright' to toke inside? am i gunna get kicked out ?

Course not pal, unless they sense your mega high and wanna do a stricter search but I doubt that'll happen

lmao good joke user

anyone else not got their tickets yet? :(

I would email Field Day or ticket vendor

deffo email them my dude, I got mine at the start of the month, when did you order them?

end of last year! They've said they could arrive anytime up to three days before.

Which tracks will Aphex Twin play?

He played Rushup I Bank 12 and Polynomial-C in his last show.

>Crying In Your Face
>Arched Maid Via RDJ
>Cornish Spreek
>4
>To Cure a Weakling Child
>VBS.Redlof.B

Rich pls

I'll be wearing a Mork tshirt

My mate is getting scared too, they issued a statement saying they're gonna be really tight on security but ya never know, Aphex might be the last person we all see :))))))))

2 bad years and a photogenic death. Bad for the brand.

Stupid hats

youtube.com/watch?v=dAYBi9NSOyE

Hope he plays that tune, I'll be the one absolutely losing my shit if that comes on. Gnna be nuts whatever happens.

Should we have a mu meetup at field day?

richard confirmed to be performing from inside his tank. he aint fucking around with this Manchester nonsense.

just go to the stage death grips is playing at and yell strong 7 or something. guaranteed knowing looks.

I don't have time to order a Death Classic tshirt, so I'll just draw it with a marker on a white tee.

if any of you fucks on here can manage to get one of those limited release Aphex vinyls you can flip them shits on ebay for like $400+

I would go but I don't really feel like being Allahu-Akbar'd to death.