Hey Sup Forums advice for a new driver?

hey Sup Forums advice for a new driver?

Keep your eyes on the road

Be real careful for the first 1 1/2 years.

drive defensively

do not be afraid to use the brake/pull over if you are uncomfortable

Don't crash into stuff or people and you should be ok.

Run niggers over. They yield the most points. Also 'guy on bike' is worth a lot of points.

Don't stop suddenly in front of a big truck

GET
THE
FUCK
OUTTA
THE
LEFT
LANE
WHEN
SOMEBODY
IS
BEHIND
YOU.

the turn signals are supposed to be used before you turn.

when my gma died a few days ago i was a bit sad while driving and took my foot off the brakes at a red light and rolled into a person, it was annoying faggot nevada cops gave me a 305 dollar ticket

>when my gma died a few days ago
>I had an accident
>asshole cops didn't care about my feelings
>gave me a ticket for causing accident
You are a gigantic fucking idiot

my sister almost killed somebody who was riding a motorcycle.
id say almost entirely her fault...but he was speeding.
99% her fault.
1% the motorcycles fault.
she never even had to pay a ticket.
i lol'ed after learning that because the motorcyclist had his leg amputated.

Turn the phone off and put it in the trunk. Once you get confidence you will be tempted and you will fail.

tuh, women...

I work in the motorsport industry and from what I've learned (in the presence of race driving instructors) are these things:

Be fucking aware of your surroundings.
Spend some time looking in the god damn mirror. This proves to be especially helpful when AVOIDING faster traffic coming up, and when navigating flowing traffic. The lane your trying to get into may have an open spot if you'd just fucking look and slow down instead of trying to cut in.
USE YOUR FUCKING BLINKERS. Why the fuck would you not. So simple. What the fuck.
People have no idea what your doing or even attempting to do if your not using them. So many do not.
That being said, BE PREDICTABLE.
There is little to no communication taking place between drivers on the road traveling next to one another. This makes simple, agile, obvious movements through traffic a must. Try to help other drivers know what your doing.

Being as safe and active as possible in traffic is just ass difficult as trying to weave and cut people off. Well yeah that's all I can both to type.

just remember that you are driving a 3,000 pound vehicle, traveling 50mph or 73ft per second.
don't look at your phone while driving....ever.

Yeah I'll add no cell phone use. I drive stick and that's preference, but it does keep me off the phone anyway.

Use your fucking blinkers ill find you you son of a bitch

Wow this thread stayed rather wholesome for longer than i expected

I wait for this shit

get a dash cam with front and rear cams and install it asap
make sure you have UM coverage on your policy
DO NOT PUT OFF IMPORTANT MAINTENANCE. if ur not going to learn how to work on your own car, find someplace you trust.
dont use your phone while driving.
dont wear fucking flip flops or heels or shit while driving
if you finance a car from a dealership get fucking gap insurance, its worth it.
dont finance a car from a dealership.
dont trust other drivers to obey the rules, use their blinkers, turn if they are using them, stop at stop signs, or obey red lights.

basically all of this is because you have to assume that every other driver is a high/intoxicated imbecile. this is because most people are.

source: 30 year old driver, and personal injury attorney. every piece of advice is there because ive seen someone get fucked by it.

your dashcam can and will be used against you.
odds are, OP will be the one running into other people

>if you do something wrong
>if you cause an accident
>if they know you have it
>if they subpoena the recording
>if you dont claim it was destroyed in the accident

gtfo dumbass and come back after you go to law school and have actual experience in the field

like i said,
odds are, OP will be the one causing the accident.

1) Do not lose your cool. Stay chill, bro, and many good times on the road will come to you. Grumpy drivers are dangerous drivers - plus, you know, being grumpy isn't fun.

2) Assume everyone else on the road is an idiot. I don't mean "think nasty thoughts about others". I mean "be prepared for any other driver to do something stupid at any time". In other words, stay aware, alert, and defensive.

3) Slow down. It's okay to drive the speed limit - you don't have to go five or ten over, even if everyone else is. You'll still get there about the same time, the drive will be much more relaxing and comfortable, and you'll even save on gas.

Happy driving.

keep a draco out the window and drive by pussy niggas on the block