With Pitchfork having long since jumped the shark...

With Pitchfork having long since jumped the shark, where do people look for recommendations of music containing some modicum of intellectual value these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20040810064854/www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/coltrane_john/live-at-the-village-vanguard.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a fun song

I like sputnikmusic, desu.
The design and features are very dated, but i agree with 90% of the album rating out there.

Pitchfork is just a degeneracy hub these days, politics over music.

If you didnt realise Pitchfork was garbage after reading the Coltrane review you're a lost cause.

The short review where the creator of P4k pretends to be some old black man or is there a different awful Coltrane review?

This.

Oldfag 2009-14 era, however been away from Sup Forums for a couple of years so haven't been paying attention.

No it's not, it's generic pop trash and would once have been rightly slated as such. I suspect under the watchful corporate gaze of Condé Nast, kickbacks and other attempts on the quiet from the big three labels to maintain hegemony over the opinion-sphere are now rife.

Scaruffi is still good, unfortunately he doesn't review as frequently these days.

The Quietus

>With Pitchfork having long since jumped the shark, where do people look for recommendations of music containing some modicum of intellectual value these days?

Bahahhaha
OMG
dude, simply euphoric

Form your own opinions

this.
use your so-called intellect, if it exists, to find what you like without being hand-held.

Youtube recommendations are generally on point.

you missed "in this moment"

That's not oldfag

stop being a virgin faggot is the only advice I can give you desu

web.archive.org/web/20040810064854/www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/coltrane_john/live-at-the-village-vanguard.shtml

oh my god

>he doesn't like carly rae jepsen

fuck off pleb

I don't give a shit about music, it's just an accessory to me. So I don't mind just listening to whatever pitchfork shoves down my throat and pretend I'm into music. :)

I like Carly Rae Jepsen, but this song is far from her best. There's nothing original about it imo

>Implying that praising the best female pop artist of the 2010s is "jumping the shark"

I like it, it's got a great structure that doesn't take much time "Cutting to the Feeling" but it is a tad generic. I could definitely understand why someone wouldn't like it.

In relative terms with bloody youth these days.

The only way this post would be better if you had trips as well
The real pleb filter is not letting anyone else- Sup Forums included- affect what you listen to

This is a matter of finding good sources from which you can easily discover potentially interesting new music you might not otherwise have found, you obviously form your own opinions after listening.

I've always ated p4k, but i feel the struggle to find reviews that don't suck. Things like Stereogum and Allmusic just toss good reviews at anything and Fantano's opinions are usually pretty dumb.

Wire Magazine

i'd rather have smug snarky p4k than clean corporate p4k desu

LOL

If you legitimately believe you have to either like mainstream pop music -OR- "underground" "patrician" music (very little of which, as considered by this board, is actually especially obscure or challenging) then you are an absolute and irredeemable faggot deep on the autistic spectrum and are not a fan of music. Pitchfork is shit, but that doesn't mean everything that isn't shitty shoegaze is garbage.

Keep your dick measuring autism to rym.

>"Shit, cat!"
>smug snarky
kys racist

racist p4k > prog p4k desu

>autistic LARPING
>any better than praising idiotic normie party rap and anyone whose lyrics are remotely "woke
MAGA for life FUCK triggered crybaby SJW butthurt liberals xDddd

are you having a stroke user

tinymixtapes if you miss snarky p4k
also you are taking it too seriously pop music certainly has its place

good on you for realizing p4k is trash and trying to find an alternative instead of being like the so many fuccbois on this board and constantly making threads whining about them

I like some of Carly's stuff but this one felt like such boilerplate generic pop to me.

I agree with most of TMT's taste qnd ratings, but their reviews are written even more pretentiously than Pitchfork's. It's like someone pasted the output of a post-post-modernist essay generator.

Iunno its all tongue in cheek so I find it entertaining every once in a while

Mmm maybe I'm just not getting the tone then. I'll read more of them.

/classical/

>It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'.

gonna need to take the classicalpill one of these days

Not after what they said about Lulu.

I genuinely doubt anyone is still here from the inception of this board that hasn't killed themselves.

I really don't listen to much new music unless it's by an artist I already like. I just use discogs and rym to explore genres and labels to find stuff. Reviewers or review sites of music usually don't do much for me because they have their own unique tastes or biases.

I agree about pitchfork being a politics over music pit, but I just checked out sputnik music and holy fuck they just give everything at least a great. This is fucking gross, no discerning taste at all. The new Mountain Goats record has, I shit you not, a perfect score when it's at best a 3/5.