I love them and this album very much. But I have some trivial questions

I love them and this album very much. But I have some trivial questions.
What is that in album cover and why did they name their band "This Heat"?

Why the fuck do you care?

Why do you not care?

.[3] The cover art reflects these concerns, and includes a photomontage of images such as mushroom clouds, thematic maps depicting nuclear arsenals and photographs of Ronald Reagan, Leonid Brezhnev and Nikita Khrushchev.

Well that makes sense. Then why did they make a photomontage look like a mask?

bump

Stop.

rebump

I wouldn't say it's made to look like a mask, more as it's projected onto someone's face

Was curious about the album art but asking why they called themselves "This Heat" is silly

its a photomontage projected onto a person with their eyes closed and mouth open

I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that they named themselves "This Heat" because the summer of the year they formed the band was particularly warm.

bump

Excellent album it's quickly become one of my favourites. I love how uncomfortable and on edge it makes you feel. Is there anything out there that sounds similar and how is the band's other stuff?

>oi m8 turn down the thermostat, this heat is fucken killin me!
>well fuck on outta here then, it's not that cold outside!
I heard the feud was settled with a coin toss. This Heat came out on top.

Does this album have any similarities with the Pop Group's Y for example? Which post punk albums does it sound close to? Given that Y is one of my favorite post punk and overall favorite albums, I would like to know if I can expect something similar.

just listen to it faggot

No need to be mad.

it was a hot day

Not really. This Heat are more industrial/sound collage/abstract leaning than post-punk/dub. Hell, calling them post-punk is a stretch. Women's first album sounds pretty close to This Heat and it's more accessible.

>Is there anything out there that sounds similar
Public Image Ltd
Swell Maps
Thinking Fellers Union Local 282