I'm looking for albums by artists that kinda reached their career peak in the 70s-80s that are genuinely good or at...

I'm looking for albums by artists that kinda reached their career peak in the 70s-80s that are genuinely good or at least not blatant no-effort cash grabs. Any leads?

Lol literally every one forgot this album

Besides blackstar? Enos new album was really good. Swans new stuff probably

He's not just known for talking about homosexual trains.
He made music too

absolute retard

...I didn't...

Dollar Days / I Can't Give Everything Away still chokes me up sometimes

He was working on a four disc concept album based around Prince's Sign O' the Times set completely in drop D but then he got side tracked answering twenty of fan mail.
What might have been!

Even if his albums weren't as good as his supposed career peak Elton John always put out a consistently good run of songs all the way through to his late period career revival with Peachtree Road.
Alice Cooper too has always been interesting if not exactly 'stellar'

Yoko 'Fifth Beatle' Ono was pretty sweet.
She made the kind of music that makes women fuck on the first date

Scott Walker. And not only did his newer albums remain good, they are arguably his masterpieces - Tilt, The Drift.

I literally look exactly like Ringo Starr.
Every time I see a picture of him at an age younger than 40 I see myself before him

Is saying Led Zeppelin too obvious?
Devo, Yes, Talking Heads and Brian Eno are all I got off the top.
The 80's were kind of a Black Hole of mostly bad music.

Lol you just have shit taste

I'm sorry that you're ugly. Do you play drums by any chance?

How much do you like early pop before it became -like you said it- filled with no effort cash grabs? If you do, check out Blondie. She's good. Wham! was unfortunately a big marketing scam(I still kinda like the music though) but George Michael's solo career was legit. The rest has to be underground rock, I think.

If he doesn't play drums well he might actually be Ringo Starr or his son or something

Right, the measure of a good album, as we all know, is that it remains in public light for a long time

Post pic or I assume you're just bragging (? If it could be called that, trying to convince everyone you look like that)

Leonard Cohen's last two albums were good

>The ugliest Beatle
>bragging

>claims to identical to a young ringo starr
>doesnt post pic

That's kind of a /soc/ thing.

Mike Oldfield recently released what I feel is his best album; Return to Ommadawn.

yes. This album makes me want to extend my life just a bit to suffer some more.

Go find the classic rock "fandom" and see how many of those girls would sleep with someone who looks like Ringo

In my opinion Return to Ommadawn is a great album but it still wont surpass his early records, hergest ridge, Tubular Bells and ofc Ommadawn.
Platinum and QE2 are great albums aswell but Return to Ommadawn is better than these for sure.

ZZ Top - La Futura wasn't bad if you are into them

I legit think it's one of his best albums.

It's interesting that a lot of guys with deep voices like Nick Cave or Tom Waits tend to age better musically. Having their voices getting fucked up by alcohol or drugs or whatever just gives them more character.

this

Prince - The Rainbow Children (2001)

Great jazzy funk apart from the pitched down Jehovahs Witness propaganda narration throughout

best tracks: 1+1+1=3, Everywhere, Everlasting Now

>one time was one of the four most successful musicians in world
>album before last sold UNDER 1000 COPIES IN HIS HOME COUNTRY