I fucking hate the generations before mine

I fucking hate the generations before mine.

I just turned a month or so ago 18. I was born in 1999 - we were 5.5 trillion in debt then.

Since then, the people older than me threw away my privacy rights, jacked up the price of college, started requiring more for entry-level jobs which makes it harder for me to get a job, made school harder than they ever had it, and then pumped up the national debt to 17 trillion through expansion of spying and refusal to cut entitlement programs.

The cherry on the top of the shit pile is the part where everyone older than me by about 10 years seems to refuse to see an issue. They have no problem with how much harder school has gotten, they don't need to worry about entry-level jobs, they complain about the debt but they're looking forward to those sweet, sweet Social Security checks. They hold me up to the same standard held up to them (graduate both high school and college with 3.7 or better GPA, a intact social life, a car, and hold down a job for most of that time), unwilling to admit that the minimum effort required to achive that standard has increased rapidly.

So yeah

How is you Sup Forums?

Yeah. You're the first generation to get fucked by the ones before you. You are special and your failures are totally not your fault.

Choke to death on a dick.

We had a balanced budget with a surplus under Clinton in 1999, Bush ran up the debt in the trillions and Obama didn't help.

Someone else thought that it'd be a bad idea to let the president have line item veto.

The justices who decided that should be shot.

I know my generation is not the first, and certainly not the last, but I'm staring the financial collapse of the US in the fucking face and it looks like my parents' generation isn't going to do shit about it.

Oh no...politicians are retarded peices of shit? I never knew. Your so wise and insightful.

not wise an insightful, the OP made an incorrect statement and I was correcting it.

Correct. OP is a product of two mongoloids.

Clean your room and for god's sake sort yourself out OP

>and it looks like my parents' generation isn't going to do shit about it.

what do you expect them to do about it?

>28 year olds
>looking forward to Social Security
Nigger, you are the reason people think kids are dumb.

Nice bait thread, though.

>Inequality
Legal rights have never been more on par with each other than they are right now. Gay marriage, 'member?

>Self-doubt/uncertainty

That shit is within you. Don't blame others for your shortcomings, faggot.

>Student Debt, Shitty Jobs, and Unemployment

Pay it? Or just don't go to school. If jobs are so hard to come by even with a degree, then don't get a degree. Fuckin..go into skilled labor or something. Pipe fitters and welders make shit loads of money, no degree required. Bus tables if you have to. Just don't be a whiny drain like you're being. I've never seen a waiter with a smile and nice personality and thought, "Oh, they have a shitty life. They're a waiter."

The issue is you.

Signed, someone 10 years older than you.

Don't worry OP. The old sacks of fuck are already losing their grip on reality and power enough that some more insightful and freedom loving people can join into the system and allow progress in many of the ways which are stifled right now. Try to keep your head up, try to keep looking forward for something better, don't give up.

Fuck off you whinny faggot.

future generations will hate you too. it's the circle of life.

See you're exactly what OP is talking about. You re-adjusted your go to meme-job that was popular in 04 into welding and *cough* "pipe-fitters" so now your mental view of how fast the world is changing and how secure things are into just another re-interpretation that doesn't actually help with the true message of what OP is talking about. Honestly do you have any idea of what you're talking about and do you have any idea how it is for people growing up now in any part of the world to even understand how thin a veil of security exists for anyone?

OP here.

I understand I'm not 100% correct.

I also acknowledge that every generation hates the one before it.

I just needed to scream into the ether tonight.

Shitty day and all that

Samefag. Prove me wrong.

/Fucking thread

OP here. Image was not mine. Had nothing that wasn't a meme about suicide on hand so had to find something. Other than that though, anything didn't address I see your side on.

So to boil your argument down..
"It's hard, ya know?"

Ya, can I have a hug please?

don't blame us Gen X'ers. Shit was fucked by the time I got here. I blame the baby boomers, they're like the biggest most fucked up asshole generation of all time.

>18
>we were 5.5 trillion in debt then

classic whining millennial
should have been born in a non-shit country fam. our young people are fine.

I'm 10 years older than you an in exactly the same position.

Expand your griping to those that are 20 years older than you, you little faggot.

things have always been hard. They're easier now than ever, and people complain about it more than ever.

Read a history book about life before the advent of modern medicine. Read about Life in Roman times.

Quit being such a little bitch.

btw, if you were born in 1981 or later you are a mellenial. Just in case there are idiots who think they are not.

poor you

If people still had to grow and hunt their own food, this whiny shit wouldn't be a problem.

I was born in 1981 and the term "millennial didn't popup until the late 90's.

They used to call us "gen X" or "gen y"

Cheer up. At least you're not a nigger.

seriously, these kids have it so good they don't know what struggle is. Their like zoo animals complaining about the food while their cousins back in africa are getting their faces torn off by crocodiles.

This

You fucking faggots come out of the womb bitching and complaining about how bad your life is. Guess what? You've got between 60-100 years to actually do something with your god damn ass. If you're so self-righteous and pissed off at the world, why don't you do something about it instead of complaining?

Fucking millennial man. I hate my OWN generation. You're all a bunch of lazy gimmie-gimmie pussies who can't handle the fact that constant failure is the way to success.

Doesn't matter anyway. Most of us will be killed in the next war.

I really hope you learn to stop using universal and broad speech like this, otherwise you're going to be the one someone like you is complaining about in ten years.

I was born in '88 and have been referred to as Gen Y my whole life. But if this guy calls me a millennial, I guess I am. I bet he was born in '80. People born in '80 are so smart.

You never looked at a waiter and thought "Man, that must be a shit job"

You're not very introspective or empathetic, apparently.

The ideal scenario for being a waiter, where you take orders, retrieve food, maybe refill drinks, and pick up your tip, isn't that bad; It's the little things that make it fucking awful. Working 12 hour shifts and pretending to not be exhausted the entire time, smiling and bantering with customers that you have to strain to remember if they've ever eaten there before and if they'll be offended if you don't recognize them, and remembering who ordered what. Pretending that you're deeply contrite when a customer complains that their steak is medium, not medium-rare, and that you're not getting a tip because of something that's the cook's fault.

Being a waiter sucks balls.

Quads of truth

Hold up, you hate when people talk about shit like this! Well I talked to my past life's and they say that there's actually far more problems and stresses in the world than there has ever been. That what you view as an ease actually accumulates into some sort of mental stresses being even more hash than if we were all naked in the woods together, but then we would create this! Hah! PAST LIFES! WAT UP NIGGAS

Honestly, life is relative to those living it, their socio-economic status, their genetics and I mean like mental issues here, and their environment and how much it allows them to prosper happily. Obviously you could cherry pick out people who had it fucked up in every year more so than others. It does not mean that this intellectual bureaucratic mess which, and I assume, US children, teens, young adults growing up have to deal with is any bit less shitty than the conditions you were in. The existential haste of the world today is so fucking hard to handle that I bet no matter how old you're currently some or a lot of your response is a result of you feeling it just as much as the young people do.

Underrated.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy... oh and ur a faget

It's not my opinion, it's fact. Look it up.

Born same year.
What up faggot.
I'm only seventeen though.

Actually i was born in 87 :\

I don't blame any generation I blame the lazy and the dumb over sensitive easily manipulated people. Oh and just be cause someone might have a degree or higher education doesn't make them smarter. It just means the can do as there told

Holy fuck man up you faggot

Sorry to hear that, but don't go blaming your elders like some fucking antifa cliche.
That being said. Like is hard, and i understand. I fucked up really bad. Like nigger level bad. Didn't graduate high school, and had a kid at 22. I lived with a buddy for a couple months spent that time getting a shit construction job $8 an hour(pure luck), and riding the bus till I could afford a shitty apartment, where i became a single dad with full custody, (mom was a meth addict, and graduated to heroine) and was lucky enough to have been in - and maintained - a friend zone relationship with a girl who became a mom, and agreed to watch my kid for free, till i got a better job, and began paying her for that. Now I do x-ray inspections on oil line welds and do really well. $23.58/hr, Benies, nice-ish car, bitch envy. Pull your (what i assume to be) childless, crazy bitch-free, head out of your faggot ass.

>We had a balanced budget with a surplus under Clinton in 1999, Bush ran up the debt in the trillions and Obama didn't help.
Kind of.
We were still in debt. There was only a "surplus" in the sense that for four consecutive years the government spent less than budgeted for each of those individual fiscal years. The difference in actual vs projected spending resulted in a "surplus" on paper, though in actuality, the national debt was already in the trillions at that point.

>"wahhhh fuck you for being mad I'm mad now"

strongly consider suicide

banned

what a newfag
>86 reporting in

I have been a waiter. Being a good waiter isn't difficult. You are right about keeping a smile on your face while wishing to throttle some pie-faced amoeba-man who's complaining about ice in his drink being too cold. He actually did. But I know when someone is going to be alright by hold they handle people, how they handle themselves. A waiter with a shit attitude is more going to spark the thoughts that that person has a shitty life. I never said the job wasn't shitty. My point was DO SOMETHING regardless of what it is but don't bitch while doing it. Only bitches bitch.

Which is probably a good indicator of willingness and ability to work in a professional environment or, barring that, socioeconomic status great enough to start their own business venture, with the acumen and drive to ensure its success.

Nobody gives a shit about the Einsteins sitting on their porches smoking weed because they're "too smart for school."

Noting the difficulty of life in Medieval times may be better. The Romans were actually more advanced in the field of surgery than we thought, having tools such as cataract removal needles. Then Medieval times hit and medical knowledge somehow moved backward for a while.

>1999 - we were 5.5 trillion in debt then.
>then pumped up the national debt to 17 trillion
shhh, don't tell anyone

>Anonymous
86 here

The last good generation was the Greatest Generation.

The boomers are spoiled brats that never gew up.

Gen X are idiots that were raised by spoiled brats and their entire identity is based on rebelling against their parents.

Millenials are struggling to just survive, and after their parents sent them all to daycare, millenials have the highest rate of sever emotional disorders in American history. Millenials are locking them into trying to fix the problem the only way their parents ever taught them; lash out at anything and everything. That's why Nationalists, and Communist Trash are brawling in the streets.

Generation Z is the most conservative since the Greatest Generation. They might be the last group to save this nation. I hope that by the time I'm an old man, I can look at Gen Z, and be proud.

hey bro.
is being 30 as generally shitty for you as it is for me?

Yeah. That'll happen.

When there was no anesthesia for surgery

When there was no dinner if you didn't kill it

When marauding hoards kill you and rape your wife and sell your children into slavery

When it's kill or be killed

That was a life with problems. All our problems now are like "oooh i pay 3% too much in interest, ohh i think two men should be allowed to do a fake magic ceremony and wear jewelry legally, oooh la la la la de da

Honestly the only people I see have trouble through college and finding a job are the people who are in journalism, photography, computer arts, well basically all the weeabo jobs

Had friends do a viarety of college degrees and all I see them is successful, from Medicine to being a lawyer

Just did a CNA course last year and I'm making $17 as a private home are CNA as a part time job while I'm done with my Paramedic course, hell I already got a job offer for $20 an hour after I'm done

Ayyyy

checked
everything in this post is now unquestionably true

That's fair.

If I get a cunty waiter or waitress, I don't think "oh they must have a just terrible life or must be having a very bad day." I think "This person is a cunt and is providing terrible service."

Quads of truth again, the Mods smile upon thee.

Do you honestly believe it's harder, or just in your mind? Would you rather be thrown into the woods alone for 10 years or be in seclusion for 24 hours a day for 10 years?

I stared the depression in 07-08 in the face right as I got out of high school. Everyone has gotten shafted since 9/11. It's those that are 30 years older that are the dicks. Ten years older are just trying to stay afloat.

Nah have good job make 42 an hour negotiate work pace with manager. Very little drama. Just worried that there might be more with all these crazy kids acting up nowadays

I fucking hate the generation after mine. I'll be 33 this year and I've been working 70+ hour weeks for 5 years now to finally get a foot in the door at a decent company.
You're afraid to fucking work to achieve success. You think that a fucking diploma entitles you to an executive level position. You don't possess the social skills necessary to do well in life because you spend too much time circle jerking on your phones. I'm trying not to use the word entitled, but a lot of you are. You just wanna coast through life and think somehow, magically, you'll be able to achieve it without work ethic.
Tl;dr Millennials are a bunch of lazy, entitled, non committal socially inept children. Fuck all of them.

I've never seen such a polar phrase. So philosophic and then so shitpost.

They sold your future long before you were born

oh yeah, that side of life is fine. got a girlfriend, got a house, decent job that pays well.

more that my body is starting to genuinely fuck up. easy to put on weight, knees are starting to creak, shit like that. feels like the start of the slide down.

There is an interesting balance though.

In those harsh times, everything was YOUR responsibility.

If you needed surgery, you were probably going to die regardless, but since living past 30 was rather rare anyways, nobody felt it was a great tragedy when someone died "young."

If you didn't have food, it's because you didn't farm it or kill it. It wasn't because some great economic monster decided you didn't get to have food. At worst, the weather might make it hard to get a decent harvest, but there are still other avenues to get food in that event. Before the idea of "private land" and "hunting limits" and all that shit, it was only the sickly that failed to eat.

Quads, though check'd, don't make shit true. This shit is true on it's fucking own. Based shit, bro.

I don't think you've been working 70 hour weeks. Sitting at a desk and twiddling your thumbs for an extra 4 hours doesn't count as work.

Fair points, I wish you talked more about the balance but I guess you wanted to defend your side of the issue more. Anyways, I am headed out wish me luck m8 I am trying to catch some fish called "rum" and apparently there's a lot around here so I should be able to get a kill in.

top fucking kek
>inb4 OP is in fact a nigger

Retarded republican fuckwit detected
Why don't you go pull yourself up by your bootstraps or some shit?

You do realize it's the SJW generation (yours) which wants more entitlements, right? And those have to come from somewhere.

If Hillary had gotten in, you would have seen the national debt skyrocket like never before.

>lazy gimmie-gimmie pussies
That's the boomers, dude.

Trust me, if Hillary had gotten in, there would be no difference whatsoever.
Everyone knows elections are only held to make the people think they have a choice.

Op, you still here? I'm beginning to suspect that you were a retro-blamer shill whose arguments were defused.

How am I republican hahaha

I would say the balance is that, back then, things weren't rigidly scheduled.

You didn't have to be up at a certain time, be somewhere at a certain time, do a particular task for a certain AMOUNT of time, and then have a few hours at the end of the day to decompress before you went to sleep.

Our lives in this modern age are so very routine, so scheduled, so confining, that it's easy to feel like a prisoner. You feel trapped in your own life.

You want to go on vacation? You certainly have the freedom to do so, but what are you sacrificing? In those harsh times, you could fuck off work for a month if your fields were good, or you had your foodstuff preserved. The whole "up at the crack of dawn and working all day" is only true if you have livestock, and "all day" is about 4 hours unless you're preparing a field or harvesting.

So for about 85% of the year, you've got a 4 hour workday that directly benefits you and yours. Not some faceless corporate entity that feeds off your labor, not your manager or your supervisor - everything you do is YOURS.

For now, im doing good. And when i wake up after sleeping things will be fucked again

Not him, but some of us do work 70 hour weeks. It's only seven 10 hour days or six 12 hour days. It sucks for the first month but you get used to it. Summer is coming so my nice 40 hour weeks are going away.

You'll be old and dead and we'll be in control.

Who gives a shit what you think? You're just gonna be another old ass wrinkled dick piece of shit who refuses to adhere to change and give power to the younger group that will control everything you once had.

Every generation is terrible. You just don't want to give up your power. You're like some kind of age-despot except you're terrible at your job.

Also this generation gets laid way more than you ever did and our women are much hotter cunts.

Oh, I don't know, "man up" is something you typically hear from republicans. And I do agree to some extent that people need to harden up a bit,
but you can't really "man up" out of something that can only be interpreted as an existential crisis.

yeah, of course you are rigth, but guess what? some mid age retard would tell you that his father fought against nazis and raise him pretty good, ignoring the fact the old fart was probably a woman beater and an abussive father.

Yeah well don't be a faggot partisan

gen y 26 year old aussie here

>neet
>virgin
>poor
>can get little work (1 day a week 10 hours or so)
>live at home

Yeah yep living the dream bro's

oh wait

>no friends (all normies and ditch me for their numerous loans, children and or go leftist sjw cuckmode)
>Chronically depressed by entire life
>Suicidal the last 3 years
Could be worse i guess i dont have any debt or personal/household debt either but my generation is getting systematically fucked.

What are 90's kids. Are they gen x? Or y.

Btw i was born in 1990.

No solid future plans. Hsd. Some college. No debts. Uncertain about where to work so unemployed. Just wasting time for no reason.

And that would probably be because he fought in WWII too. Being the greatest generation comes at a price.

Sounds like you defeated yourself. I faced my anxieties and concord them by being stubborn and saying to the situations presented to me fuck you and stomped all over that shit. My baby boomer parents dad told me have a plan when you get into high school and work towards that. I picked what I wanted things changed and I picked something else. But it's easy to just do the blame game and feel sorry for yourself and be comfortable. Are you really in a bad situation or are you just being lazy and comfortable and trying to justify your sad state. Be uncomfortable, I started my career as a machinist then I realized this is not as lucrative as I thought it would be. Now I'm a aerospace painter making 120k average a year. Just try some shit make some good friends and by good friends not the kind that coddle you but real friends that motivate you and build you up. Be a good friend. And make goals

What the fuck am I supposed to be when there's a mouth-breathing retard in every end of the political spectrum, then?

My father was an abusive, alcoholic democrat. He used to shout "man up" and "I didn't raise no bitch" when he ordered me to do something. A phrase is a poor prejudice to hold for a political view.

ur Gen Y

Gen X is mid-late 90s